Medallions and Ocean Ready App

Sea Gypsy 2

12 minutes ago, Senga said:

I'm not even taking my phone with me.  How will that work?????

We don't have smart phones and the OM still worked for useful things like unlocking our cabin door. 

Also, elsewhere or for anything, it's not a problem just using your cruise card like you have always done in the past.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1

I am beyond frustrated with the Ocean Ready app; I've deleted and downloaded an updated app over the last couple of weeks, but nothing is working. I can't hit the "add reservation" button after I enter my information. (Well, I tap it, and other ever happens.) And, when I try to bypass that, and enter my personal information instead, the keyboard pops up on my phone and won't go away, event when I hit enter. This blocks other fields to complete and I can't continue.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Is it an apple issue? 

Thanks in advance. We are sailing in March. Really frustrated that I'm getting notifications from Princess to complete Ocean Ready when it's clearly still not ready for prime time.

Just now, aliciam said:

I am beyond frustrated with the Ocean Ready app; I've deleted and downloaded an updated app over the last couple of weeks, but nothing is working. I can't hit the "add reservation" button after I enter my information. (Well, I tap it, and other ever happens.) And, when I try to bypass that, and enter my personal information instead, the keyboard pops up on my phone and won't go away, event when I hit enter. This blocks other fields to complete and I can't continue.

Thanks in advance. We are sailing in March. Really frustrated that I'm getting notifications from Princess to complete Ocean Ready when it's clearly still not ready for prime time.

Call the Princess Ocean Navigator direct number: 1 (844) 525-0942

They will be able to assist you.  

Just now, aliciam said:

Call the Princess Ocean Navigator direct number: 1 (844) 525-0942

They will be able to assist you.  

7 hours ago, aliciam said:

We sail March 17 and have completed everything with no problems. It sounds like your app. Try deleting the app and downloading it again. Good luck!!

Just installed the Ocean Ready app and entered all our data and photos for our upcoming end March Regal cruise.  We used the Android version of OR and it worked just fine.  It was a little finicky in scanning the passport - you had to frame the scan code at the bottom just right until the highlight went from blue to orange to green - then the camera clicked on its own.  The app does not like huge photos either so you may have to resize your fav photo with a handy photo app like free "Photo Editor" by dev.macgyver.  You can also set your phone to take a smaller photo as well.

2 hours ago, rayfl said:

You have to be paid in full and that is 75 days before the cruise, then you can start the process

My cruise is on 4/13 Royal. (66 days) I still could not add the reservation.

19 minutes ago, konatyme said:

And we don't have smartphones (and don't plan on getting them until absolute forced!)

You don't have to have a smartphone to use your Medallion for getting off/on ship, opening your door, or paying for (charging) things. You can even use the features such as finding your shipmates or places on the ship with the interactive screens by the elevators.

I think you may be able to order the medallions via computer  but don"t know if that's working yet. If not, you can get them at the port.

• Like 1

Boarding was extremely fast with the medallion/doing the ocean ready process for the 2/10/19 Regal Princess sailing.  We used our medallions to get on and off the ship and to open our cabin door.  There was a glitch/delay for about an hour leaving the ship in Cozumel due to technical difficulties, but otherwise it worked well.  I did not use my phone on board.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Leaving April 14 and just got the email today saying to download app, etc and it directs me to a YouTube video that frankly is a joke! The number of steps and amount of PRIVATE information they expect you to have on YOUR PHONE is to me, an invitation to identify theft.

Maybe it is more acceptable to some to just 'blindly' (in my opinion) scan your PASSPORT, current PHOTO, log in put in your BIRTHDATE...voila...anyone with a minimal of hacking ability 'could' use that info to create an identity.

Sorry, not going to do..as Elite member I will take my chances at the port, let them take my photo, they already have my passport number so can scan their hearts out when I get there...but it is NOT going to be on my phone.

Sorry Princess but you need to rethink this.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, Cruisecrazy25 said:

The only thing I wish was that it was all one app.  It is kind of annoying to have several different apps. 

I agree with Cruisecrazy25.  All of the "OCEAN" apps should be combined into one app. It's cumbersome and confusing to have multiple apps; each one with a different purpose. This is supposed to be a vacation, not an IT challenge.

I'm in IT and I think there is a LOT of work to be done to get these medallions functioning the way Princess envisions. Celebrity has already moved to facial recognition - much further ahead than the medallion concept.

We've been on two medallion cruises and I think Princess launched this project way too fast and without truly understanding the market.

They're great for opening the cabin door though!

• Like 1

This app is driving both my husband and me nuts! One day all the info I've put in is there and looks fine, the next day it says something is missing and alternates between who is missing data. He's called the support number twice with no resolution. I've decided to abandon looking at it until just before we sail in mid May to preserve my sanity.

• Like 1