Cruise Critic Community
Reenie75

Drinks on us vs Easy Package

Something I noticed today. I booked my cruise while onboard Seaside. I have the Drinks on us.... my sister, cousin and 3 sets of friends have the easy package. What is the difference? Totally confused. I did call customer service but I felt as though she couldnt be bothered.

A good group of us ladies enjoy the frozen drinks during the day. We thought we will have to upgrade. Will I? Also would the upgrade cost be the same ... supposely Drinks on us is better option its all drink under $10. 

Help! 

DOU you pay the 15% on top with the easy you don't

frozen drinks are not in the easy or the DOU if i remember correctly

You can only upgrade to premium from the DOU and Easy

drinks package 534.jpg

drinks upgrade.jpg

THis subject really needs to be cleared up by MSC.

Is there still a DOU pkg? No one seems to know. 

Some postings say you can upgrade from DOU to EASY for $112 pet cabin. 

My TA can't even get a straight answer. 

MSC what is the answer? 

After November the 12th 2018 there is no DOU package its only Easy premium and Premium Plus packages as far as I know thete is no upgrade package from DOU to Easy as they are very similar to the drinks available its justbthat Easy if prebooked does not include the 15% surcharge where the DOU when it was offered did not

Here are the two responses my TA received from MSC today from two different MSC people via email.

1. Hello, Those packages are no longer available. Due to them being discontinued. We offer different packages currently. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Thank You,

2. Hello, There is no upgrade from drinks on us to easy package.

So, again MSC does not know what they are doing. Neither do any of us when we say this or that. LOL

I know the cruise I booked in Jan for April Sailing out of Miami on Seaside, included the Easy Drink Package..I do plan on upgrading to premium before sailing.  

I also believe the DOU package is NO LONGER available for current bookings.

IF you want the all inclusive "easy and internet" packages, be sure and follow the link for the all inclusive cruises on MSC page if booking yourself.  The prices are slightly lower if you have no interest in the all inclusive bookings...that is my experience with a very recent booking.  Just made final payment about 2 weeks ago.  

Amazing how we can say what these packages are or are not. However, MSC personnel cannot tell or give accurate information on what packages are available. Even the passengers who are on the ships now are posting packages that some of you say are no longer available.DAHHHHHHHHHH!

In the West we call this option 'Goat Ropping!'

yes they are posting packages no longer available because if you booked the package before the 12th november then those packages are still valid and being homoured once al those who have purchased before the deadline have been used then at present you only have the Easy, Premium and Premium plus available 

Thats the problem I think in that diferent areas are offering different packages where have you booked for

if you go on the usa site for the carribean for november it only offers easy

Edited by ikea logistics

We are from Ontario Canada and are going Western Caribbean on the Seaside. We booked through Transat Holiday’s 

44 minutes ago, Hockeymom1234 said:

We are from Ontario Canada and are going Western Caribbean on the Seaside. We booked through Transat Holiday’s 

Highly possible they have group space blocked from prior to November and have DOU as part of the group amenities.

Bret

11 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

DOU you pay the 15% on top with the easy you don't

frozen drinks are not in the easy or the DOU if i remember correctly

You can only upgrade to premium from the DOU and Easy

drinks package 534.jpg

drinks upgrade.jpg

So very weird MSC said DOU was a better package because it was upto $10 per drink (except frozen) EP is upto $6. If I read the above I will pay $33 per day and EP (rest of my group) will pay $27?!? 

Idk  $33×7 days is $237 divide that into 8$ a drink  is about 28 frozen drinks. Oh plus the 15% gratuity. Hmm. Am I missing something?

Edited by Reenie75

8 minutes ago, Reenie75 said:

So what is zero proof cocktails? :classic_blink:

Non-alcoholic. To get around the no blended drinks just order the non-alcoholic drink and a shot of rum or tequila and add to you NA drink. We originally had the DOU but changed to Easy pkg.  Our TA just cancelled and rebooked. It did cost us $112 per cabin (cabin price went up) but not paying the 15% gratuity covered the increase.

Edited by miataman19

10 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

Non-alcoholic. To get around the no blended drinks just order the non-alcoholic drink and a shot of rum or tequila and add to you NA drink. We originally had the DOU but changed to Easy pkg.  Our TA just cancelled and rebooked. It did cost us $112 per cabin (cabin price went up) but not paying the 15% gratuity covered the increase.

Isnt this crazy? Easy pkg you can order the frozen non alchohol drink + shot and mix it yourself? 

A bit off topic but we didn't get a beverage package with iur booking and we're trying to work out what to purchase. Can anyone tell me the average price of a bottle of wine? A bottled wine menu would be wonderful if anyone has one. And can someone tell me the price of a bottle of non premium drinking water. Thanks.

I have the prices of the bottles of the wines from the 'by the glass' selection:

ace1e0bb7968f693911d221f0a73799f.jpg

Here's the prices for the water available:

8a32c87167f1ad314008ecbd9272fbf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Beamafar

16 hours ago, Reenie75 said:

Isnt this crazy? Easy pkg you can order the frozen non alchohol drink + shot and mix it yourself? 

Friends did this on our last Divina sailing. After about 2 days being at the same bar the bartender just gave them the Pina Coladas with the booze already in  it. 

I just booked the New Years cruise on the Megaviglia and it came with the Easy Package and Standard wi-fi.

I dont drink alchohol so it's perfect for me, Maybe a glass of wine on New Years.  What wines come with the package.

I also see that frozen alcoholic drinks not included but I had the same idea as the poster upthread.  Buy your Pina Colada and a shot of rum and mix.

How many drinks can you order at the same time? 

Thanks in advance