Children's programming

Taking our granddaughters on the Regal for spring break.  They are 9 & 6.  I registered them for the programming and understand that they will be in two different age groups.  

How are the hours for programming arranged?    

Do we get a schedule of planned activities so our girls can choose when and if they want to participate?  

Do you have any suggestions for tipping?  

You will receive a kids patter (forget the official name) in your stateroom upon arrival to your room and again each evening. Just like your schedule of events, the kids have their own. Understanding times and events to each age group is easy to understand. I hope this helps. 

Yes, you'll get a schedule of their activities, and my advice is to have the kids go as soon as they can on embarkation day.  I guess it helps me them to feel like a part of the group and make friends, etc.  My kids always refuse to have anything to do with the children's program though.  lol  Actually, that's not true, my daughter usually goes once or twice a cruise, my son will have nothing to do with it.  Which is a shame, he'd have more fun if he met some friends!

You will get a schedule in your room ONCE on embarkation day. If you loose it, it is not easy to obtain extras (at least in my experience). We normally use the schedule to plan ahead when DS wants to go based on activities.

I second the suggestion of going on embarkation day for meet and greet. Each ship is a bit different in terms of policies for sign in/sign out (some still require you to bring ID) and it is a great way to meet other kids.

6 yo will probably be bored in the younger group (it is 3-7 group), but it will depend on how many 3-4 yo will be there. For younger group you will get a pager in case of emergency while your kid is in the center, for older group kids have self sign-in/out option.

The kids club is open 9 to noon, 1 to 5 pm and 7 to 10 pm on sea days (timing is approx, I might be off for the mid day segment). On port days it is open while the ship is in port BUT you have to preregister the night before if you are planning to attend. Given that this is spring break cruise, this rule will be strictly enforced (lots of kids on board). After ship leaves port, regular programming resumes.

If you have any additional questions, ask. We have been cruising with DS on Princess since he was a baby, he is 10 and Elite now :)

If the 6 year old loves arts and crafts they definitely won't be bored. My 7 year old is big into art of any variety and had a blast on our last cruise. She was bummed when she realized that she was moving up to the next age group on our next cruise- that her sister would probably get to do more art than her.