Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks. It's just that I was not clear as to what LPC, itself, actually was.  🙂

Do a search for Le Petite Chef.  It’s a set menu meal with visual computer generated characters interacting with the meal.  Sounds like it would be a one and done...  Due to the computer graphics everyone in the restaurant has to eat at the same time so there are two seatings...I think along the times of Early and Late Dining...which wouldn’t work for us.

10 minutes ago, dpluta said:

The alcoves are now available to book on our 11/30 Equinox trip. $249 for sea days. Yikes.

But only $99 on port days!  Before saying no, look at the description, particularly the "romantically cozy evenings"!  😍

Overview

Indulge In A Day Of Luxurious Relaxation As You Unwind In Your Own Private, Cabana-Styled Haven On The Lawn Club.
It's the perfect escape - within your vacation escape. Some of the pleasures include:

• Stunning side-by-side views of lawn and sea, as you settle in underneath the shade of a chic, white awning.

• Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

• Ambient mood lighting for romantically cozy evenings.

Once you're comfortably settled in, a simple phone call to your Alcove Attendant helps make your time even more special.

He or she can help arrange a series of relaxing and refreshing enhancements:

• Fresh, themed picnic baskets* from our specialty restaurants onboard - antipasti, Mediterranean seafood pasta, and salads from Tuscan Grille; jumbo shrimp cocktail, assorted berries, organic breads and healthy salads from Murano; fruit brochettes and country-inspired sandwiches from Bistro on Five. Plus, innovative specialty restaurant desserts and a special beverage menu*.

• A wide variety of Alcoves Spa Services can be arranged for you to enjoy right in your Alcove. Inquire onboard.

Some general information about The Alcoves.

• Each Alcove comfortably accommodates up to four guests and is available from 9 AM to 9 PM.

• Receive a discount if you reserve an Alcove for multiple days or your entire cruise; inquire onboard for extended booking discounts.

• Find The Alcoves on the Lawn Club only on Celebrity Silhouette® and Celebrity Reflection®

• Rental fees are per Alcove, not per guest. When reserving an Alcove, only one (1) guest reservation is required, which provides accommodation for up to four (4) guests.

* Additional fee applies.

Collier, LOL. Yeah, I sure miss those those romantically cozy evenings. But since we basically camp out at the Martini Bar after dark, I'm not sure how much public romancing is going to happen in the Alcove.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Do a search for Le Petite Chef.  It’s a set menu meal with visual computer generated characters interacting with the meal.  Sounds like it would be a one and done...  Due to the computer graphics everyone in the restaurant has to eat at the same time so there are two seatings...I think along the times of Early and Late Dining...which wouldn’t work for us.

Also there is one set menu of courses for the animation.  There is a second set menu of courses if you are not interested in the animation courses however the little people on your table will not prepare what you receive if you go with the alternative menu.  We did this on the Edge.  It was enjoyable however we got it for more than 50% off.  I do not think I would pay $55 pp to go again.  

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

Sorry, didn't know about this thread. Just posted a new thread with videos.

Feel free to post it here also.    I think one of the YouTube videos was posted here yesterday.

2 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

Also there is one set menu of courses for the animation.  There is a second set menu of courses if you are not interested in the animation courses however the little people on your table will not prepare what you receive if you go with the alternative menu.  We did this on the Edge.  It was enjoyable however we got it for more than 50% off.  I do not think I would pay $55 pp to go again.  

Do they have options (even if not the animation) for people with food things like gluten-free?

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Do they have options (even if not the animation) for people with food things like gluten-free?

I'm sure they can accommodate if you contact them at least 24 hours in advance.    They did ask when ordering if anyone in our party had any food allergies.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:22 PM, CulverCityCruisers said:

Check this out!

Not appealing to us...The large screen will add alot of loud noise to that deck and sound flow to who knows where,...the  "Cabanas "  look like wire cages...

I am sure some will love these additions  and pay......

Not everything new is improved .  At least they did not ruin the pool deck with a big screen!

Sorry to say this b/c EQ has been a favorite  of ours, but this change,  the loss of Silk Harvest  and the  addition  LPC may affect our desire to book EQ again....

Well the paint job is nice!

Edited by hcat

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Not appealing to us...The large screen will add alot of loud noise to that deck and sound flow to who knows where,...the  "Cabanas "  look like wire cages...

I am sure some will love these additions  and pay......

Not everything new is improved .  At least they did not ruin the pool deck with a big screen!

Sorry to say this b/c EQ has been a favorite  of ours, but this change,  the loss of Silk Harvest  and the  addition  LPC may affect our desire to book EQ again....

Well the paint job is nice!

We REALLY enjoyed Silk Harvest, followed by Tuscan Grille, and lastly the tired Murano menu... Though it did often seem that Silk Harvest had plenty of open seats.

Looking forward to see what kind of menu they have at Craft Social. I enjoyed the burger at the Gastrobar - actually preferring that it was at a cost (so that the place wasn't packed)!  🙂

Tom