Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

On 6/20/2019 at 8:11 PM, cangelmd said:

Thanks! So many people have complained about suites taking up space, but the times I have been up on those sunning decks that seemed very underutilized, so I thought wow this might move some people out of the pool deck and solarium - but it just may not work out that way with no shade, no hot tub no bar and too much wind

Since Equinox only sails the Caribbean they don’t need a hot tub in the retreat they need a ‘cold’ tub up there.  There is no way to cool off and the walk to the pool and back won’t help because you will be sweating by the time you get back.  Maybe a cold shower up there would help?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Where did you see the posting on the post revolution royal suite?  Only saw old videos on youtube

On the Equinox Group FB page.  The suite looks exactly the same except for the sofa, it looked like it was armless on one end. It was hard to tell about the other sofa since it was made up for the bed. The bed had not been made yet so don't know if any thing changed there.  Still had the recliner with foot stool and larger table on the balcony but the chairs were the uncomfortable ones and no additional foot stools.

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

On the Equinox Group FB page.  The suite looks exactly the same except for the sofa, it looked like it was armless on one end. It was hard to tell about the other sofa since it was made up for the bed. The bed had not been made yet so don't know if any thing changed there.  Still had the recliner with foot stool and larger table on the balcony but the chairs were the uncomfortable ones and no additional foot stools.

I don't understand - if the balcony still had the recliner with foot stool how did it ALSO have the uncomfortable chairs with no foot stools?

Also, any chance you could copy and paste that picture on here?

6 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

My DH was very disappointed as I was. He downloaded many shows and movies from Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc. There were at least 5 Celebrity sales channels, children/cartoon channels,  Food Network, Fox News and several sports channels. We only saw a few free On-Demand movies which we weren't interested in watching. I don't remember if there any other channels. We were limited to Food Network and Fox News. Fortunately our next cruise is on Eclipse before the Equinox.

Check youtube a way to connect your electronic device to the stateroom/suite  TV for better options. Bring movies on your phone.    You will need a cable so go to youtube for instructions

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

Check youtube a way to connect your electronic device to the stateroom/suite  TV for better options. Bring movies on your phone.    You will need a cable so go to youtube for instructions

Thanks for responding. We've always been able to hook up our iPad to the TV on Celebrity, RCCL & Princess via HDMI cable; however, after the Summit was revolutionized the TV system was changed.

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Looks like inside there is a new green chair (without a footstool), and the low coffee table is mia..  agree on the deck chairs... Butler! we want the old chairs and foot stools!

4 hours ago, chamima said:

I don't understand - if the balcony still had the recliner with foot stool how did it ALSO have the uncomfortable chairs with no foot stools?

Also, any chance you could copy and paste that picture on here?

I should have said the lounger with the foot stool, not the chairs.

Image may contain: table and indoorImage may contain: one or more people

2 hours ago, 2NHcruisers said:

Looks like inside there is a new green chair (without a footstool), and the low coffee table is mia..  agree on the deck chairs... Butler! we want the old chairs and foot stools!

It looks like there is a coffee table behind the sofa.  Perhaps it was moved because the sofa bed is open.  I think the pictures were taken before they disembarked.

9 hours ago, 2NHcruisers said:

I think that chair is the one that should be under the desk/dressing table in the bedroom. If you look at the bedroom picture there is no chair there. I think the table has just been moved as the bed is out.

Re the balcony, we have done several RS and never had a footstool. Just the table as seen, sunbed as seen and two chunkier chairs with waterproof cushioned seats (non reclining). There is also a funny shaped rattan thing that you can either use to extend the length of the sun-bed, use as a footstool for one of the two chairs or put your drink on! 

I think I can live with the chairs as they are as long as they leave the sun-bed!

Some good news from FB

"They brought a new balcony table this morning. We're in a sky suite. It's nice and eating height! 😉"

1358098838_Skysuitenewtable.jpg.00c44cba932243b4fa7b9f8b6a19eeac.jpg

•  So no more reclining chairs ???
    Hide or report this
    •  We got one this afternoon also. Now it looks like they are changing all of the mattresses on deck 12. Ours is gone and there are alot of new ones in the hallway.
  • They need those back on all balconies.
  • Hide or report this
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, poffles said:

Is there any change to Mast Grill?  Wondering if they added any additional shaded area or made it more of a closed in space like they have on the Edge.

No shade or closed in space at Mast Grill.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:31 PM, 4cats4me said:

Well, this Hoppenization needs to end, it sounds like.  It almost seems  like they’re catering to younger people who don’t want or need comfort, and not us older people,   who have more aches and pains. 

Not sure how you define older...

But I'm in my mid 30s and I'm pretty fired up about the balcony furniture situation!

We have two upcoming Equinox cruises (sailed her once before in Jan 2018.)

I really cherish sitting on my balcony, relaxing, reading, maybe having a glass of wine or breakfast.

I want comfortable furniture!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, the_dylaness said:

Not sure how you define older...

But I'm in my mid 30s and I'm pretty fired up about the balcony furniture situation!

We have two upcoming Equinox cruises (sailed her once before in Jan 2018.)

I really cherish sitting on my balcony, relaxing, reading, maybe having a glass of wine or breakfast.

I want comfortable furniture!

Older: Anybody over 35. LOL.  We are mid 50s to early 60s.  Now that you mention it, we liked comfort in our 30s, too. 

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

A little off topic, as this post seems to be discussing the "revolutionized" Equinox.  For those currently on board, who is the party (house) band or the dance band.  Are they one and the same?  In the spring, they usually have two bands, one a house or party band, and another lower key dance band.  Who are they, and what do you think of them?  We are not cruising until August, but that is just one month away, so we probably will have the same bands that are on the ship now.  

10 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Older: Anybody over 35. LOL.  We are mid 50s to early 60s.  Now that you mention it, we liked comfort in our 30s, too. 

That's funny.  My DH is 20 years older than I and when I was in my 20's and he would grown when he woke up I did not get it.  His response was "Just wait until you are 35 or so, then you will get it"  LMAO.  BTW he was right 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/23/2019 at 10:51 AM, shirazcruiser said:

Have any recent Equinox sailors attempted to hook up an iPad or laptop to the TV?  We just sailed on the revolutionized Summit and the TV system has changed with their major refurbishment. The new system no longer allowed us to change the HDMI input even with a Samsung remote.  According to an IT supervisor who came to our SS, the new system is no longer an "Apple" run system, but a different modem one. We have an upcoming sailing on Equinox and curious if the tv system was changed on the S ships which are not totally revolutionized like the M ships.

You must use a universal remote to change the "Input Select" menu. The remotes that are assigned to the tv's will not access this feature. Then you can select USB input for your device. There are several youtube videos on how to do this.

Radio

4 minutes ago, Radio said:

You must use a universal remote to change the "Input Select" menu. The remotes that are assigned to the tv's will not access this feature. Then you can select USB input for your device. There are several youtube videos on how to do this.

Radio

I bring my own personal Samsung remote that has an "Input Select" button and have done this on every Celebrity and RCCL  cruise over the last 2 1/2 years (12 cruises). The Summit TV system changed during the "Revolution."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Just returned from the Equinox cruise. Can some tell me why a husband and wife had a standard cheap folding aluminum chair strapped to there back when boarding? 

Who cares?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1