Waitlisted 6:00pm dining???

duncmelsmom

What does this mean?

Yes, we booked our cruise 27 days before it leaves.  I've never done this before.  How realistic is it to believe that we'll get off the wait list and get the 6:00 dining?  Do I just stand by and wait?  8:15 dining has a wait list too.  

Does it mean that we show up at 6 and wait to be seated?  I don't know what this means.

Thank you!!

3 minutes ago, duncmelsmom said:

What does this mean?

Yes, we booked our cruise 27 days before it leaves.  I've never done this before.  How realistic is it to believe that we'll get off the wait list and get the 6:00 dining?  Do I just stand by and wait?  8:15 dining has a wait list too.  

Does it mean that we show up at 6 and wait to be seated?  I don't know what this means.

Thank you!!

The odds of getting Early Dining is slim.  At the latest, your dining assignment will  be on your Sail and Sign card.  You can then go to the Maitre after boarding and ask to switch.  Odds are you will be assigned to Your Time Dining and then you can go to that dining room when you please.  

It means, unless it changes before you board, that upon embarking you ask at Guest Services where and when to meet with the maitre d' to request your preference.

There is no guarantee that your request can be granted, but he/she will try.  Carnival hopes to make its cruisers happy.

9 hours ago, duncmelsmom said:

What does this mean?

Thank you!!

It looks as if both early and late dining are already booked solid.  That means that you have been assigned Any Time Dining.  You can still eat at 6:00 or up to when they close ATD.  You go to the dining room you are assigned and check in.  They will ask if you want to be seated with others or alone.  If a table is available, they will seat you right then.  If none are available, they will give you a device that will let you know when they are ready for you.  If you like a server, you can even ask for their area on the following nights. 

Another poster mentioned going to Guest Services to see when the Maitre'd is available for changes.  You can also find this info in the Fun Times which will be on your bed when you first get into your cabin.

Edited by RWolver672

11 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

It means, unless it changes before you board, that upon embarking you ask at Guest Services where and when to meet with the maitre d' to request your preference.

There is no guarantee that your request can be granted, but he/she will try.  Carnival hopes to make its cruisers happy.

well said

Yep,,,your best option, IMO, is to head over to see the Maitre'd on embarkation day, and request (very nicely) a change to early seating.  (That is if you don't get it assigned when you get your "sign-n-sail" card.)  I've had very good luck doing this, and almost always get my requested change.  Check with the Guest Services desk, or even the FunTImes for the exact spot, (which dining room) and the time he/she will be there taking requests.  Good Luck!

"SKY"

We are sailing Horizon in June and booked a long time ago. This is our first Carnival but we are experienced cruisers.  We wanted early seating and where put on My time (it least that's what I remember) with early waitlisted.....Ok so we do My Time and go when we want no big deal. We eat at specialties 1/2 the time any way.

I just looked the other day and we have late seating with My time wait listed and I could not change it. We.... ok me, do not like to eat past say 7 pm and 8:15 to start dinner doesn't appeal to me. Hubby and teens are ok with 4 th meal but not me. They also start their day much later than me.

So should I go find the maître d on embarkation to get it switched to My Time? will they do that? I know early dinning is going to be a hard get since more than a year out we couldn't get it.

7 hours ago, SkyMaster said:

Yep,,,your best option, IMO, is to head over to see the Maitre'd on embarkation day, and request (very nicely) a change to early seating.  (That is if you don't get it assigned when you get your "sign-n-sail" card.)  I've had very good luck doing this, and almost always get my requested change.  Check with the Guest Services desk, or even the FunTImes for the exact spot, (which dining room) and the time he/she will be there taking requests.  Good Luck!

"SKY"

Thank you!  This is what I'll have to try.  No big worry if it's Anytime, but I've always seen so many empty tables, I thought that there could possibly be a way to get it changed...it's worth a try, anyway.  😉