Cruise Critic Community
megr1125

CAPE LIBERTY (and NYC) 411-VERSION 5!!!

I found it and it said 14 Port Terminal Boulevard Bayonne New Jersey 07002.   Are you sure I'll look again. Thank you

1 hour ago, irishgal432 said:

Thank you for this thread.  I have never cruised out of Bayonne and are unfamiliar with the NYC airports.  If I fly into LGA or JFK as opposed to EWR, what is the average time  and cost of getting to Bayonne?  Looking at a Sunday morning arrival.  

Thanks!

From LGA or JFK it’s an interstate trip, so you want to look at a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo (No NYC cabs). Base quote will likely be $100+. Tolls will be extra - Bridge or tunnel toll  $15-17 plus some NJ Turnpike toll and possibly more depending on the route. Expected tip is 18-20% on base cost.

If the traffic is good, the trips are about an hour, but could run more.

52 minutes ago, bjtll said:

I found it and it said 14 Port Terminal Boulevard Bayonne New Jersey 07002.   Are you sure I'll look again. Thank you

Google maps says 4, as does google.

Looking for car service from Cape Liberty to Newark Airport for family of 4 & at least 4 luggages.  Rate with Dial7 or Carmellimo is about $90.  Does this sound right?  Would Uber be cheaper?  What's estimated rate with Uber?  Any other car services?

On 3/1/2020 at 3:19 PM, bjtll said:

That I believe was the address of the old terminal. The port's website says 4 Port Terminal Blvd.

Regardless, do you think your GPS is going to send you to a very different location you use 4  and the actual address is 14, or vice versa ? 

As I recall, there's just one road leading in so it doesn't much matter what address you use. 

7 hours ago, ericosmith said:

As I recall, there's just one road leading in so it doesn't much matter what address you use. 

Totally agree.  One road into the port - nothing much on the peninsula except for the Cruiseport terminal.  Just follow the crowd.  Most folks drop off luggage and then park.  No way to get lost using either address.

Hi there. Me again

I'm arriving at Jfk on Sat 11th April and getting the LIRR to Penn. Then, I need to get to DT Newark Penn.

Someone on the Anthem Ta roll call stated that the Path is closed that weekend. On Sunday morning I have booked EdgeNyc  at 8am. I will get back to the hotel then get a cab to the ship.

My question is, getting from Penn to Newark Penn then getting to Hudson Yards and back on Sunday morning

19 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Hi there. Me again

I'm arriving at Jfk on Sat 11th April and getting the LIRR to Penn. Then, I need to get to DT Newark Penn.

Someone on the Anthem Ta roll call stated that the Path is closed that weekend. On Sunday morning I have booked EdgeNyc  at 8am. I will get back to the hotel then get a cab to the ship.

My question is, getting from Penn to Newark Penn then getting to Hudson Yards and back on Sunday morning

PATH service between Exchange Place and World Trade is replaced by ferry service on Sat & Sun.  This does NOT affect you.  You should seriously consider spending the extra money to take NJ Transit between NY Penn Station and Newark Penn Station, particularly with luggage.

It looks like there is a 7:10 train on Sun morning that will get you to NY Penn at 7:35, which gives you time to be at a Hudson Yards at 8 am.  What time is your activity finished on Sun?

Post back if you are determined to take PATH.  It’s almost a 2 avenue further walk to Hudson Yards plus it’s an overall slower trip.

13 hours ago, 138east said:

PATH service between Exchange Place and World Trade is replaced by ferry service on Sat & Sun.  This does NOT affect you.  You should seriously consider spending the extra money to take NJ Transit between NY Penn Station and Newark Penn Station, particularly with luggage.

It looks like there is a 7:10 train on Sun morning that will get you to NY Penn at 7:35, which gives you time to be at a Hudson Yards at 8 am.  What time is your activity finished on Sun?

Post back if you are determined to take PATH.  It’s almost a 2 avenue further walk to Hudson Yards plus it’s an overall slower trip.

Perfect. Thanks. 

I saw the NJ Transit and they have a route planner. Ill do that. I've also got the app now. 

Good idea for Saturday is the ferry getting into Manhatten on Saturday. That would be a change

Thanks again

11 hours ago, bigeck said:

Perfect. Thanks. 

I saw the NJ Transit and they have a route planner. Ill do that. I've also got the app now. 

Good idea for Saturday is the ferry getting into Manhatten on Saturday. That would be a change

Thanks again

The ferry could be a nice ride across the Hudson, particularly if you’re going to lower Manhattan.   Here’s the PATH site - https://www.panynj.gov/path/en/index.html

If you like ferries, the Staten Island ferry is free.

Here’s the NY subway map - https://new.mta.info/map/5256  If you go uptown on the Subway, PATH is at 33rd & 6th (Herald Square) near Macy’s.

Any great park and stay hotels near Bayonne that has reliable shuttle service to the port and back?

Thanks bunches, trying to decide if we want to come in a night ahead and do a park and stay or drive and park at the pier for $25/day.  We have about a 5 hour drive total so either option is feasible.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cyrra said:

Any great park and stay hotels near Bayonne that has reliable shuttle service to the port and back?

Thanks bunches, trying to decide if we want to come in a night ahead and do a park and stay or drive and park at the pier for $25/day.  We have about a 5 hour drive total so either option is feasible.

What date do you need a hotel?  2 people?  Any bed size requirements?  Where are you coming from?

You’re basically looking at Newark Airport hotels and chances are the packages will run more than the cost of cruise parking for a 7-9 day cruise.

I’m not sure any of the options could be categorized as ‘great park and stay hotels’, but some are better than others. 

Edited by 138east

We will be arriving in Cape Liberty and are looking for the best option for transportation to the Double Tree at Newark Penn Station for two people.

21 minutes ago, regg1216 said:

We will be arriving in Cape Liberty and are looking for the best option for transportation to the Double Tree at Newark Penn Station for two people.

Uber or Lyft.

We are planning on staying in the Renaissance Hotel Newark Airport.  Anyone with experience staying at the hotel?