Going on my 50th Cruise!

DaisyGirl55

I am so excited!  Sailing on the Breeze on Saturday 2/9.  It will be my 50th cruise overall, and my 30th with Carnival. 

I think back to my first cruise on NCL Norway.  It was 1991 and we had no idea what to do, where to go, nothing!  I also remember we way overpacked.  I remember that our room was set up with twin beds, and we did not know we could have them pushed together LOL.  Fast forward to 2019 and here I am, ready to sail for the 50th time.  Unbelievable!

The best part is while my packing has become much more streamlined, and while we are more familiar with the islands, with ship protocols, with many crew members...I still get excited to cruise.  I am happy to say that it hasn't become boring (oh that island again), hasn't become routine (another show? yawn), and hasn't become anything other than what it is.  A cruise!  A time to relax, to breath in that salt air.  To see a show or two, and be waited on in the restaurant.  To have someone make my bed, and say good morning as I start my day.  A chance to see incredible sunsets, and a chance to experience places I never would have ever gone to. 

I have snorkeled with turtles, touched a sting ray in the ocean, soaked in a volcanic hot tub, and tasted some exotic foods. So so much more, and so much more to come.  I am so excited!

• Like 14

Congrats!  I just had my 50th cruise on NCL last November, and have 5 more booked.  Amazing what activities one can do that are not normally available at home.  In addition, we have also spent weeks on land vacations in the isles and countries we first visited by ship.

Congratulations on such an awesome milestone!!! 

We're going on the Breeze Saturday also. She's one we've not yet been on. Cannot wait! 

Lol, if we do cross paths on the ship, don't think I'm a crazy woman! We'll just say hello 😀. Again, awesome milestone!🏆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

You couldn't have picked a better ship for such a milestone. 

The Breeze is my favorite.

Breeze passed thru Barbados awhile ago -twice!

on 25th. September, and again on 10th. November (2018)

It was nice to see a modern Carnival ship for a change!

Breeze-337.jpg

Breeze-343.jpg

1-7502.jpg

7491.JPG

• Like 1

So Awesome!!  So happy for you, I can feel your excitement:classic_biggrin:  We have 3 booked which puts us at 34.  Started cruising in 2000 and have been hooked ever since.  Looking to retire later this year or early next year and look forward with anticipation at all the cruises we get to add to our portfolio.  What has been your favorite cruise and why?  Congratulations, have a ball:classic_smile: