"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

Thanks for your review! The traffic accident shown is my biggest fear for my upcoming cruise - hopefully nothing that devastating will happen again any time soon!

(I will be driving from Disney to MIA and shuttling to POM the morning of our cruise...going to leave Disney as early as we can - 6ish if I can pull it off - and hope for the best!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, potatotomato said:

Really enjoyed your review. We have a deck 8 Boardwalk balcony on Allure.   Cant wait!!! 78 days!!

Nice! You’ll love it. Hope to see you on Lady Allure! 

14 hours ago, LBumb said:

Having another cruise booked always makes debarkation easier

Sure does! 

14 hours ago, reallyhooked said:

1st review I've read in a long time. .awesome,  excellent pictures. Wonderful tribute to trainman.

Thank you for following along! Glad you enjoyed! 

11 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

I will not be able to follow along on your Allure cruise bc I will be onboard Harmony. But I will have internet so maybe. 

Lucky you! I love Lady Harmony, you’ll have an amazing cruise!

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for a great live review, and also a touching tribute to Trainman-2. I have enjoyed following along, and have made some notes for our upcoming Symphony cruise. I will be looking for your live from Allure, as we disembark from Symphony the day before you board Allure, and post cruise depression will be setting in!

Thanks for following along! Oh you’re in for a treat sailing on Symphony. Hopefully I’ll be able to help your post cruise depression when I board Allure. 😀

8 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review.

Thanks for following along! 

1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

Thanks for your review! The traffic accident shown is my biggest fear for my upcoming cruise - hopefully nothing that devastating will happen again any time soon!

(I will be driving from Disney to MIA and shuttling to POM the morning of our cruise...going to leave Disney as early as we can - 6ish if I can pull it off - and hope for the best!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for following along! 

Driving from other directions at least there are alternative routes. But if you go via alligator alley you are kinda committed unless it’s caught soon enough. 

Have a wonderful cruise! 

2 hours ago, joand452 said:

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise!  It was a very nice tribute to Trainman. Hope to sail Harmony or Symphony in 2020!  So many ships...so little cruising time (and $$$)!

Thanks for following along! Fingers crossed 2020 works for you to cruise one of these beautiful ships. So true on so many ships, not enough time and money. I’d cruise once a month if I could. 

Thanks for the kind compliments with Trainman. 

54 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

Thank you again for the great live review!  I did not have the pleasure of ever knowing Trainman, but he sounds like he was one in a million.

Thanks for making the next 2 weeks pass a little bit faster.

Jess

Thanks for following along. Trainman was a great man

Have a super cruise! 

2 minutes ago, ZachMorgan54 said:

I know this was asked, didn’t see an answer, sorry if I missed it.

Was the chat functionality working on the app or is that not available yet?

Thanks and thanks for the review. On SOTS in 6 days and couldn’t be more excited.

Chat is currently only available on Allure and Harmony. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, ZachMorgan54 said:

I know this was asked, didn’t see an answer, sorry if I missed it.

Was the chat functionality working on the app or is that not available yet?

Thanks and thanks for the review. On SOTS in 6 days and couldn’t be more excited.

As our usual beach said I’m pretty sure it’s not available yet on Symphony. For our group we all has the internet package and communicated via iMessage on our iPhones.

Thanks for following along! Have a super cruise in 6 days! You’re in for a treat!

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Chat is currently only available on Allure and Harmony. 

Oh the post cruise blues. To help with that I’ve now officially checked in my cruise on Lady Allure in 77 days. Somehow I’m Star Class??? Maybe we all are as it’s an empty ship sailing from Miami to Ft Lauderdale to pick us up? That day we also have a very late sail away at 8pm.

D1967F3A-8E56-464D-9FA9-BA43A68228A1_zps

Now to go book our shows and the Ultimate Dining Package. 😀

Hello Mr., (poster from the NCL board here)!

I read your fantastic review.  It is a heart warming tribute to a good friend. 😊

This is very relevant to me because I will be taking my first Oasis class cruise this April; the Oasis TA.

I now will go and find your other reviews. Really looking forward to the cruise more than ever!

You are a gentleman and a (cruise) scholar in your willingness to share all of these cruises with others.

You  are also a good writer...….

Enjoy your next cruise, as I know you will.  Many of us wish we could live your life and cruise frequently.

My thanks!

Caron

Edited by Cruisercl

Closing another wonderful review - thank you for all of your time, information and humor!  And even more meaningful, the beautiful tribute to Jim/Trainman.  He would be so flattered....

I will be sailing on Lady O when you are on Lady A - but I can guarantee that I will read every post as soon as I get back home!  Will you post a link to your new review here?

Edited by Buffett fan
forgot to add the last line.

On 2/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, er345 said:

How much was the martini tasting? It looks like 5 different martinis. Delicious! This looks like something I would enjoy!

Beware the martini tasting!   I attended one and stumbled drunkenly to the jeweler and bought a $1,000 ring!   Funny but true!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Oceans4 said:

Beware the martini tasting!   I attended one and stumbled drunkenly to the jeweler and bought a $1,000 ring!   Funny but true!

That is a funny story. 

I will have to plan my after tasting activities carefully! 

8 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Hello Mr., (poster from the NCL board here)!

I read your fantastic review.  It is a heart warming tribute to a good friend. 😊

This is very relevant to me because I will be taking my first Oasis class cruise this April; the Oasis TA.

I now will go and find your other reviews. Really looking forward to the cruise more than ever!

You are a gentleman and a (cruise) scholar in your willingness to share all of these cruises with others.

You  are also a good writer...….

Enjoy your next cruise, as I know you will.  Many of us wish we could live your life and cruise frequently.

My thanks!

Caron

Thanks for the compliments. You are in for a treat sailing on Oasis of the Seas. These ships are amazing. I've got two Oasis "Live" reports to help keep you busy if you get bored. 🙂

I'll post the link to the new "Live" with Allure on this thread to find it easier once that cruise day has arrived. Hope to having you sailing along virtually with me then. 🙂

7 hours ago, Buffett fan said:

Closing another wonderful review - thank you for all of your time, information and humor!  And even more meaningful, the beautiful tribute to Jim/Trainman.  He would be so flattered....

I will be sailing on Lady O when you are on Lady A - but I can guarantee that I will read every post as soon as I get back home!  Will you post a link to your new review here?

Thanks for following along, glad you survived the adventure. 🙂 I was really upset I wasn't able to locate bread pudding to have some on the ship in his honor though, but at least I got the trainman breakfast sandwich.

I'll surely be posting the link here to my "Live" Allure here once that wonderful day is here! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oceans4 said:

LOL, now that is funny!

4 hours ago, dpostman said:

All part of the RCI money generating plan 😉

dp

🙂

2 hours ago, er345 said:

That is a funny story. 

I will have to plan my after tasting activities carefully! 

Not sure if your original question got answered, but it was $30 I think. However, with the experience you get more than just four martini's. We were even offered for the road of our choice when we left. Well worth doing. We were going to do it the second sea day. We didn't make it, not really sure why we missed it, but at all intentions of going again.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:18 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

24EEC253-F05A-437E-908E-27987B42F4FD_zps

715BE90E-EA6F-424A-8C1F-455DE14FE7B3_zps

F57D0D92-741B-4F51-ADA2-A4E7CEF6A6AA_zps

932260C0-8C94-450A-8B77-7D058740568F_zps

CFF5F877-F180-42B1-B05B-09C0E4BBFD23_zps

827CB351-CAF7-4B94-A4BE-42D6FA4F1975_zps

We were in Cozumel two years ago and had one of these really tasty blue shots. Trouble is neither DW or I know what they are called. Do any of you??

Thank you so much for the amazing review and pictures! What a wonderful tribute to your friend. I appreciate you taking the time to share your trip with us and providing such great information. Looking forward to my own Symphony experiencing in about 46 days. Thank you again!

DH and I were on this sailing....and all the friends we sailed with and us had a great time.  Whatever disappointing things happened (shows that had to be cancelled due to weather or technical difficulties) did not dampen the overall fun and enjoyment.  The Solarium on Symphony is much improved over Harmony, from my POV.