Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
MrFunInTheSun

"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

Recommended Posts

DH and I were on this sailing....and all the friends we sailed with and us had a great time.  Whatever disappointing things happened (shows that had to be cancelled due to weather or technical difficulties) did not dampen the overall fun and enjoyment.  The Solarium on Symphony is much improved over Harmony, from my POV.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ktmush2 said:

We were in Cozumel two years ago and had one of these really tasty blue shots. Trouble is neither DW or I know what they are called. Do any of you??

 

At the start of each stop they told us the name and what was in each shot, sadly I didn’t take notes. Was lucky I remembered my own name. 😜

 

Indeed they were really good though. 

 

6 hours ago, maryjaden said:

I just spent the last hour and a half reading through your review.  It was great,  thank you for doing this.  As fate would have it,  my BIL and sister messaged me today about going on the Symphony in November.... 

 

Thanks for reading along! November is the perfect time of year to cruise too, go for it and book, you won’t be disappointed.

 

51 minutes ago, tlaffin said:

Thank you so much for the amazing review and pictures! What a wonderful tribute to your friend. I appreciate you taking the time to share your trip with us and providing such great information. Looking forward to my own Symphony experiencing in about 46 days. Thank you again!

 

Thanks for reading along! You’re in for an amazing cruise! You won’t be disappointed, this ship is amazing, wish I was going back on her sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

DH and I were on this sailing....and all the friends we sailed with and us had a great time.  Whatever disappointing things happened (shows that had to be cancelled due to weather or technical difficulties) did not dampen the overall fun and enjoyment.  The Solarium on Symphony is much improved over Harmony, from my POV.  

 

Agree with the change in show times was no big deal, I’ve gotten kind of used to any aqua show changing. The way we were rocking those first couple days I said to myself the aqua show will get rescheduled and sure enough it was. 

 

Agree with you on Solarium, liked the one on Symphony better than Harmony.

 

Glad you had an amazing cruise. Now onward to that next cruise! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

 

Agree with the change in show times was no big deal, I’ve gotten kind of used to any aqua show changing. The way we were rocking those first couple days I said to myself the aqua show will get rescheduled and sure enough it was. 

 

Agree with you on Solarium, liked the one on Symphony better than Harmony.

 

Glad you had an amazing cruise. Now onward to that next cruise! 😀

Sorry we did not get to meet you F2F.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

We are finally underway. A little delayed as some folks seem to think the all aboard is just a suggestion not a must do. 😀

 

 

 

D1022EB6-F006-42F4-AC3F-DB3FCD76A7B7_zps

 

 

 

229BE7D2-23B2-4998-AD21-C33446521BE7_zps

 

 

ED7BC36B-C5A6-4AD7-84FD-F875B59D9E5A_zps

 

 

 

501DF9FA-C52A-4B79-9044-167A170E339B_zps

 

 

 

4210A51F-F843-48A4-8164-91C53E59D32B_zps

 

There was a post yesterday on YouTube or FB that showed a young couple of pier runners missing the ship.  Taken from the ship docked next to you.  They got there just after the gangway was removed and the thrusters were starting.  Guy was yelling at the crew on the flying bridge, who looked like they were saying "Sorry, too late". Folks on balconies waving bye-bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

 

There was a post yesterday on YouTube or FB that showed a young couple of pier runners missing the ship.  Taken from the ship docked next to you.  They got there just after the gangway was removed and the thrusters were starting.  Guy was yelling at the crew on the flying bridge, who looked like they were saying "Sorry, too late". Folks on balconies waving bye-bye.

 

Yeah sadly what started as a good day for them turned into a sad day very quickly. Hopefully they made it back to the US alright. 

 

10 hours ago, Lupush said:

Wonderful review, Sir.  Thanks for sharing.  

 

Thank you, glad you enjoyed. Look forward to you following along for the “Live” aboard the Allure of the Seas in 74 more days. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Sorry we did not get to meet you F2F.

 

Next cruise. Hope your cruise was well. Though we could have met and didn’t know it. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed your review! DH & I are trying to decide which ship to book next, Harmony, Allure or Symphony. After seeing your wonderful pictures i am pushing for Symphony. I really like the looks of the Solarium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I really enjoyed your review! DH & I are trying to decide which ship to book next, Harmony, Allure or Symphony. After seeing your wonderful pictures i am pushing for Symphony. I really like the looks of the Solarium. 

 

Solarium is beautiful on Symphony. Either way no matter which Oasis class ship you choose you will have a wonderful time. If you haven’t already Check out my old reviews for Oasis and Harmony. (Listed at start of review) 

 

Have a super cruise in whichever ship you decide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, MrFunInTheSun said:

Last look before going down....

 

 

 

06A2163B-4508-4728-8C93-E1065856FA2D_zps

This is TERRIFIC!   I always wondered what it would be like to look out before going down.. How cool!!! 😄

 

Thanks so much for sharing this extraordinary pic! 😄

Lisa N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

My boardwalk balcony


BD744397-A302-41A5-8007-AFCE64634561_zpsdgrhhe1b.jpg



E43F890A-7334-4111-8A7B-7A5655D96A88_zpsmzq9dcyd.jpg


A7CBAFCA-DEE3-4126-BD72-73F43F497084_zps9bhgy8cn.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please excuse any typographical errors.

 

Thankyou for this fantastic review!! We are sailing June 1st and tried finding good pics of the location of our board walk balcony. I found one video of 10729 and that was taken so I got 9729 at the very end near the rock wall, it says views are obstructed but your pics look ok to me. I love your views of the board walk and I hope I am happy with that room. I didn't book Hiro yet because I wanted to just catch a glimpse from the room. We love people watching. How was the noise for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CLE2CRUISE said:

This is TERRIFIC!   I always wondered what it would be like to look out before going down.. How cool!!! 😄

 

Thanks so much for sharing this extraordinary pic! 😄

 

Lisa N.

 

Isn't it a cool view, I felt kinda foolish trying to grab a quick picture before I went down the slide, but knew it had to be done. I was as quick as possible. Glad you liked. Thanks for following along! 🙂

 

10 hours ago, tiggedytiggs said:

 

Thankyou for this fantastic review!! We are sailing June 1st and tried finding good pics of the location of our board walk balcony. I found one video of 10729 and that was taken so I got 9729 at the very end near the rock wall, it says views are obstructed but your pics look ok to me. I love your views of the board walk and I hope I am happy with that room. I didn't book Hiro yet because I wanted to just catch a glimpse from the room. We love people watching. How was the noise for you? 

 

Thanks, glad you liked the review. Noise in general wasn't to bad. But you can hear the sound affects from the slide when folks are sliding it. When the shows are going on you can hear some, but the doors do really well for the most part in reducing the overall noise. If there is any noise from the shows its over by midnight.

 

Have a super cruise, know you'll have an amazing time. This cruise is simply amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Celebrity Edge in Europe Sweepstakes
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...