Anyone Ever Ordered Off The Kids’ Menu?

helen haywood

Haven't done it on Celebrity, but on Princess, the Volcano dessert (basically a Banana Split) is a 'not very well kept' secret that quite a few adults order.    It's probably the same on Celebrity - I doubt if any of the wait staff would say 'no' - why would they?    

I've never ordered off it but have been accidentally given the kids menu twice.   Once in Luminea and once in Murano's.  I'm sure you can ask for the menu and order from it as you choose. 

It must be that I look so young....    LOL  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I haven’t ordered for myself off of the kids menu but have tasted several of the dishes from my 3.5 year olds dishes. The filet mignon is consistently one of the better steaks on Celebrity in any restaurant. The spaghetti, Mac and cheese, and fish sticks are also favorites of our little man.

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

As to why I'd want to, a small filet sounds good to me!

I have to agree with you.   The portion size is perfect.   I hate to order something knowing that I will only be able to eat half of it and having the other half thrown away.  

• Like 1

Thanks for your question, Helen! Never even thought about a kid's menu, much less ordering from it, but now that I've seen it, I will definitely request it on a least a couple of nights during our 29 day B2B next month.  A small filet would be ideal!

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I have heard people say they ordered the steak off the Kids’ Menu in the MDR.  Anyone have a photo?  Did you just order it as “I’d like the steak off the Kids’ Menu?”

8D594DBA-02DB-43A3-9A27-B3AC68DFBF9E.jpeg

This is absolutely brilliant!!!  We are new to Celebrity so new to the menus as well.  Sometimes mac and cheese or tomato soup is exactly what the Dr. ordered!!!

Thanks for this!

Dee

1 hour ago, Chip and Dale said:

This is absolutely brilliant!!!  We are new to Celebrity so new to the menus as well.  Sometimes mac and cheese or tomato soup is exactly what the Dr. ordered!!!

Thanks for this!

Dee

I on occasion will order Mac n Cheese and a dessert from the kids menu on RC. We don't have kids. Well I guess my wife does.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Count me as another fan of the "Volcano" Sundae on Princess.   I do not recall ever ordering anything off the kids menu on X, but would certainly consider it if in the mood for one of the kids items.

Hank

33 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

I'm going to have to tell my husband he can get chocolate chip cookies and milk.  He'd be happy with that all week. :classic_smile:

Tell your husband he can get chocolate chip cookies in the buffet and Cafe al Bacio all day 🙂 They also have sugar cookies, oatmeal and sometimes peanut butter cookies.

Sometimes a break from adult food and large portions is nice. I'll have to remember the kids filet and chicken fingers are available in the MDR. One night we didn't want to dress for dinner so went to the buffet and helped ourselves to the kids buffet, hamburgers, hotdogs, mac'n cheese, chicken tenders and some other comfort food items.

• Like 2

Have a friend who always asks for the children's menu.  Some nights she orders off the children's menu and others the adult menu.  Having had bariatic surgery the choices on that menu sound like something I should ask for...I hate wasting food.  

12 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

Tell your husband he can get chocolate chip cookies in the buffet and Cafe al Bacio all day 🙂 They also have sugar cookies, oatmeal and sometimes peanut butter cookies.

He does that sometimes for a bedtime snack.  This would work if he's not excited about any of the "adult" desserts at dinner but doesn't want to sit there watching me eat mine.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I on occasion will order Mac n Cheese and a dessert from the kids menu on RC. We don't have kids. Well I guess my wife does.:classic_biggrin:

Too funny! 😁 We don’t like a lot of the fancy smancy food. Good food YES, cooked properly YES but I need lots of veggies and something I like to go with it. A good source of protein. 

I’m excited......obviously it doesn’t take much!

Dee

22 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

Sometimes a break from adult food and large portions is nice. I'll have to remember the kids filet and chicken fingers are available in the MDR. One night we didn't want to dress for dinner so went to the buffet and helped ourselves to the kids buffet, hamburgers, hotdogs, mac'n cheese, chicken tenders and some other comfort food items.

They actually have a kids area in the buffet???

24 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

I’m having visions of two oatmeal raisin cookies with ice cream in between 😍

• Like 1