Anyone Ever Ordered Off The Kids’ Menu?

helen haywood

6 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

Wow! You're making me smile. Calories don't count on a cruise.

Anything broken is free of calories 😁. Just some helpful advice I found on the internet so it must be true 😜

I don’t know if the CBP has anything like Bailey’s. Not a favourite I like khalua , but I watched cruisers who had early seating on a cruise bring ice cream to the lounge to have it topped with baileys. I’m betting with the ice cream in the buffet on celebrity this might be amusing 😍

I’m hoping the list of alcohol that I have seen that included tia Maria and khalua is correct. It is missing the brandy required but hey I will rough it like camping! 😁. Those two make such a good boozey coffee!  

You guys are making a crappy work day a lot more fun!

Dee

• 3 years later...
On 2/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Chip and Dale said:

This is absolutely brilliant!!!  We are new to Celebrity so new to the menus as well.  Sometimes mac and cheese or tomato soup is exactly what the Dr. ordered!!!

Thanks for this!

Dee

I ordered the Mac and Cheese one night it was a small side dish, not enough for a entree even for a 3 year old.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:44 AM, PTC DAWG said:

I can't imagine wanting to, but not sure why they would care....

My wife had gastric surgery and can only eat 2 ounces.  Her Dr gave her a special card to present at restaurants explaining her restriction and advising she should be allowed to order from a children’s menu.  We have never had an issue.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oville said:

Is the childrens’ menu still the same as it was 3 1/2 yrs ago?

Hope this helps. 

MAIN DINING ROOM KID’S MENU

OCTOBER, 2021

Starters
Caesar Salad
Crudités Hummus, Ranch
Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled Filet Mignon*(4oz) Mashed Potatoes

Desserts
PB&J Sundae
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection Tropical Fruit Trifle

We were recently on the Summit in an Aqua cabin for 24 days and when we ate in Blu, there usually wasn't a chocolate dessert "worth the calories", as she puts it. In those instances she would order the Chocolate Mousse off the MDR children's menu.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Chip and Dale said:

Too funny! 😁 We don’t like a lot of the fancy smancy food. Good food YES, cooked properly YES but I need lots of veggies and something I like to go with it. A good source of protein. 

I’m excited......obviously it doesn’t take much!

Dee

In the past, I've requested a plate of steamed veggies on X.  I don't know if they will still do this, but I also need veggies.  It was usually steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and maybe something else like pea pods or green beans.  Does anyone know if they will still do this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

In the past, I've requested a plate of steamed veggies on X.  I don't know if they will still do this, but I also need veggies.  It was usually steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and maybe something else like pea pods or green beans.  Does anyone know if they will still do this?

Absolutely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hope this helps. 

MAIN DINING ROOM KID’S MENU

OCTOBER, 2021

Starters
Caesar Salad
Crudités Hummus, Ranch
Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled Filet Mignon*(4oz) Mashed Potatoes

Desserts
PB&J Sundae
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection Tropical Fruit Trifle

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Chip and Dale said:

Too funny! 😁 We don’t like a lot of the fancy smancy food. Good food YES, cooked properly YES but I need lots of veggies and something I like to go with it. A good source of protein. 

I’m excited......obviously it doesn’t take much!

Dee

We always ask for a dish of extra vegatables. This is actually something Royal does much better than X, far more choice on Royal.

My husband loves chocolate mousse. Almost obsession level. He made a disappointed joke about it not being on the MDR dessert list & our waiter happily informed him that it was on the kids menu & brought him one. Every night after that, he asked him if he wanted anything off of the kids menu. They will happily accommodate. 

• Like 1

This is great information! We often ask for the vegetarian menu to see some new options. Never thought to ask for the kids' menu. The vegetables with hummus and ranch as a starter sounds delicious. And the 4 oz filet mignon to complement certain main courses will definitely by an option for my husband. 

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Just off Equinox.  The Children’s Menu no longer has the filet listed.  

We sailed on the Summit in May and had filet mignon several nights from the children’s menu. It is still listed on the Celebrity site.

3 minutes ago, denby said:

We sailed on the Summit in May and had filet mignon several nights from the children’s menu. It is still listed on the Celebrity site.

It's also listed on the app for our 21 September Summit cruise in the MDR. But the app and the website aren't always in synch with the ship. 

I was very surprised to find out the other day in Luminae. That on the Solstice the children's menu is only available at dinner time. Do children never eat lunch with their parents on Celebrity in Luminae or the MDR??? We wanted the tomato soup.