How Much changes in 3 years

TXBBQDUDE

Ok it has been three years since my last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas.  My wife is wanting to get away and I am leaning towards a cruise.  I see an Itinerary on April 7th that we have not been on but we did the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston.  Would three years be enough time to where the cruise didn't feel like a repeat?  I kinda felt a lot of similar things between the Navigator and the Liberty.  The other option would be the same time frame but the other cruise line slightly smaller ship.  Any help would be appreciated.   We have always doen the Roatan Belize trip would like to do the other one but ports are not the most important part of the cruise.      

I know this may sound strange but I have been on the same ship, same itinerary within 2 months time and I have felt it was a COMPLETELY different cruise!  So different that after my first I said I would never sail that particular ship again...2nd time I LOVED it! 

29 minutes ago, TXBBQDUDE said:

Ok it has been three years since my last cruise on the Liberty of the Seas.  My wife is wanting to get away and I am leaning towards a cruise.  I see an Itinerary on April 7th that we have not been on but we did the Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston.  Would three years be enough time to where the cruise didn't feel like a repeat?  I kinda felt a lot of similar things between the Navigator and the Liberty.  The other option would be the same time frame but the other cruise line slightly smaller ship.  Any help would be appreciated.   We have always doen the Roatan Belize trip would like to do the other one but ports are not the most important part of the cruise.      

I've sailed Liberty 4 times and each time, it has had a different feel. We've had our 2  most favorite cruises (including our first....you always remember your first time!  And our last cruise in Nov 2018)  and least favorite cruise on that ship.  But that was over a 10 year period and "feel" of the cruise was more related to the people we met & became friends with. The cruise director and activities director also had an impact on our enjoyment. Basically, what I'm trying to say the enjoyment was b/c of the people, not the ship itself, although Liberty is a beauty even tho she is no longer the star of the show. 

Having said all that, it looks like you sailed right after her last refurbishment.  So the ship will be the same as will most of the major shows - Broadway, L&M, Quest, Ice show, etc). Schooner bar still will have a piano player and the English pub will have a guitarist. Quality of those entertainers will vary depending on who is on that month.

Liberty is the big brother to Navigator so if you felt those 2 cruises were very similar, than going on Liberty may feel like a repeat.  Safe bet to guarantee a different feel would be to go with Carnival. 

I've never sailed with Carnival so I can't comment on it.

If you are dead set on it not feeling like a repeat then don't do a Freedom or Voyager class ship.  They are all very similar IMO (and my favorite classes so far).  The "Amped" Mariner and Navigator may be the exceptions with the massive renovations they are getting, but the general layout of the ship is the same.

Dan

We did the same cruise, on the same ship (Grandeur), in the SAME CABIN, 1 year apart.

And we hated it SO MUCH, we booked basically the same cruise, on the same ship, in the same cabin for July 2020. 😄

Each cruise is different. And there are so many things to do, even on a small ship, that there is no way you did everything on one cruise.