Will Deck one be horrible?

MermaidMommy03

Tell me it won’t be horrible!! 
So originally my family of 5 was going to go on the Breeze June 1st. We had a cove balcony. Well we had a situation and needed to change for the following week.... 
Well now we are Deck 1 mid ship; 3 person deluxe ocean view and one interior across the hall for 2 people. I have never been on such a low deck... deck 2 for the cove balcony was already stressing me. 

I am trying to see the positive:
A. I am on a cruise.
B. We saved over 3,000. 
C. We aren’t in the room the much.
D. We will have an extra bathroom (3 bathrooms actually) 

So questions: 
Has anyone ever stayed on deck one? 
I have my husband and son booked in the interior, me and my girls in the ocean view... could we move rooms? Camp out together? Could the older kids stay across the hall??

Any other advice or recommendations??

All of your positives are correct.  Also, I have stayed on deck 1 and it is a bit louder than the higher decks, but only when pulling into port.  It's not horrible!  

You can certainly switch people around and sleep the way you want, and you will really appreciate having that extra bathroom.

• Like 2

We stayed on Deck 1 during our last cruise in December.  It was fine.  Quiet. Only real issue is sometimes waiting on elevators. Not preferred, but not bad either.  Especially if you are saving over $3,000. 

Go to Guest Services and get extra room keys.  Then you can put whoever you want in each of the rooms.  I wouldn't change the booking.  We have done this before.  Carnival has no problem with it since it's across from the main room.

• Like 1

Thirty to forty of our rooms we picked were on deck one midship.   You saved yourself a ton of money for your next cruise . But I can say we have been all over a ship.

The worst problems we have had from Riviera deck was elevator problems during main dining times. Just crammed full of people ,but that's easily avoidable if you plan correctly .

• Like 1

We've stayed deck 1 on most of our cruises (and we're there again in a month). It's not bad at all. It makes it really easy to get back to your room when you come in from Ports because you just have to go up a flight or two of stairs. It's extremely quite at night since you're away from everything else on the boat. I agree you'll hear when you are pulling into the port some and I'm an extremely light sleeper but I was able to sleep through it.

We've been on decks 1 & 2 and I don't think you'll have any problems.  Deck 1 mid will have the least motion if you run into rough seas and it's pretty quiet.  You're only an elevator ride away from the MDR, promenade, or lido and if the elevators are crowded a quick trip up the stairs a deck or two often solves that problem.   Plus as mentioned it's great when coming back from port because you can just shoot up the stairs to your cabin.  I actually prefer the lower decks and next week we'll be on a deck 2 aft cabin by choice.

Edited by Eliot Ness

Pretty much echoing what others have said - low decks aren't bad! We had an overview and interior on the Sunshine on deck 2 and it was great. Coming back from excursions was just 2 flights of stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. 

Our next cruise is on the 7th floor, but only because I wanted a balcony but not a cove balcony.  After that, we'll probably switch back to deck 1 or 2 oceanview/interiors again or a cove and an interior.

As far as switching rooms, we had no issue with that on our last cruise.  My mom and son decided to switch rooms with my husband and I (we were across the hall from each other) so we just asked guest services for an extra room key for each room.

We often book cruises cheap and last minute so we have been on deck 1 many times.  The only thing we don't like is when the cruise starts to slow down the rooms are loud and vibrate.   So any time you get near a port.  That can be very early.  Especially when you return to your home port.   

We always get deck 1 midship and choose that on purpose. Most people have already listed the positives, almost no motion, plenty of excersize getting up to food venues, easy access coming back from ports, and cheaper rooms (ie more cruises!). Ocean view is the best! You are going to LOVE having that extra bathroom.

I consider deck 1 midship a preferred location. If you hit rough seas, you’ll be very glad your cabin is there and not anywhere else on the ship. 

• Thanks 1