Cruise Critic Community
pauladepaola

Carnival Horizon - Pre order Wi-Fi Plan with discount

Hey everyone, I have recently cruised on Triumph and I was able to purchase the Social WI-FI plan with a good discount per day when I bought it online in advance. 

I am cruising the Horizon in September and when looking online it only shows the full price plans. 

Per your experience, do you believe they would have an special price come up before sailing or is full price the only thing they will usually do in Horizon?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I don't recall a WiFi discount email, we sailed last year on Horizon from Europe.  We did receive emails and discounts for spa.  I think if a discount happens for the WiFi, it might come closer to close cruise time.  Sort of price and demand and/or no demand and price.  

Possible when no one is pre-purchasing WiFi that Carnival will prompt sales a bit a few weeks before the cruise with a discount.  I check frequently for these things, I suspect if you had one before it will happen again just closer to cruise time.  You have nearly 7 months to go.

Good Luck and let us know what they do.  

Exactly what price are you seeing? Because I can log into all my cruises, all the way to my Mardi Gras Apr 2021 cruise and get the 15% pre-cruise discount. 

If you didn't know, you can get 10% off carnival gift cards at aarp or the allstate mobile only, neither require costs/memberships.  If you search, extensive data about the process.

23 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Exactly what price are you seeing? Because I can log into all my cruises, all the way to my Mardi Gras Apr 2021 cruise and get the 15% pre-cruise discount. 

When we cruised last, for a 5-day cruise it was $20 per person. 

Now I am getting $6.80 per day. which is summing up to $40.80 per person for 6-day cruise. 

What prices do you usually get on this?

20 minutes ago, goofygal531 said:

When you prepurchase a WiFi Plan, how do you activate it on board? 

To activate on board you can go through the Hub App and under internet plans enter your Folio# and Birthday to get the wifi package activated.

5 hours ago, pauladepaola said:

When we cruised last, for a 5-day cruise it was $20 per person. 

Now I am getting $6.80 per day. which is summing up to $40.80 per person for 6-day cruise. 

What prices do you usually get on this?

They did raise the prices awhile back. I’m guessing since you cruised last. So you are still getting the 15% discount if you book ahead of time (it will say it in the details before you click on “add to cart), but even with the discount, you might be paying more sales than you did before. 

One of the best things about being on a cruise is to get off line and forget about all that social media. It's like going out to a nice dinner and everyone is on their phones! Give a try without the internet for a few days you all may like it! 🙂 

I just got off the Horizon last week.  Before the cruise, I was considering the mid-level wi-fi plan that was being offered at $10.20 per day through the Carnival website.  I finally decided against, thinking that I was on vacation, and didn’t need to be connected for six days.  Once onboard, I noticed that the mid-level wi-fi was offered for $16.00 per day.  So if you want to get wi-fi, purchasing in advance is a significant discount.

I just purchased the Value Plan (Middle one) for our Feb 23 Horizon cruise and it was $81.60 for  the eight days.  That was at a 15% discount from the on board pricing.