Cruise Critic Community
cruisebrotha06

Mardi Gras Roll Call - November 21, 2020

Welcome to the rollcall Dunedinmaiden we hope to meet both of you onboard don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle. We are getting ready for our cruise this Thanksgiving out of Jacksonville with grandkids and family.

Paul and Honna

On 2/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, cruisebrotha06 said:

Hi! That's awesome and welcome to the group. Good to see that we'll be cruising again together next year on Mardi Gras during Thanksgiving. I will be on Celebrity Edge this year for Thanksgiving. 

Just saw this...I will be sailing with you on Edge and Mari Gras.....new ships...should be fun!!!

Welcome to the rollcall rolloman we look forward to meeting you don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle I wished I was on the Edge this Thanksgiving.

Paul

Hi all. Had problems with my old account (Cruisebrotha06) so I created a new one. We have 341 more days before the cruise. Has everyone signed up for the Meet and Mingle? I'm hoping the activity picks up in this group in the new year. Enjoy your holidays. 

Since the shipyard announced delay in delivery of the ship we will now be the official 2nd sailing for this vessel. Kind of cool but also a little wary our sailing may at some point be cancelled as well? I hope not as I am really looking forward to this particular cruise!

Rolloman you are talking about the 2nd sailing out of Port Canaveral there is sailing out of Europe prior to PC correct.

Paul

Crewsin250

the 8 sailings that are cancelled include the European one , New York and the first PC. So our cruise would be the second . Hope they don’t cancel 

we are booked on this cruise with 10 family members.  I hope they decide soon if the ship will be ready in time as rebooking on another ship and getting rooms near one another may be a challenge.  

On 12/22/2019 at 1:18 AM, crewsin250 said:

Rolloman you are talking about the 2nd sailing out of Port Canaveral there is sailing out of Europe prior to PC correct.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Not so sure about that..... I have heard nothing stating an additional sailing will be added as you described.  Furthermore, to be honest not so sure ours will not be canceled as well. 

I have seen where some of the folks whose cruise got canceled are now booking this cruise with there 25% future cruise credit, so maybe this is a good sign ours will still sail.

Paul 

Hello all, I along with 3 family members will be on this sailing. It will be our second Thanksgiving Cruise.

Genuine

from Texas

Welcome to the rollcall Genuine and family hope to see you onboard do not forget to sign up for the meet and Greet.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Paul

does anyone know what night(s) they will do formal night - trying to book some spa treatments/up dos for the girls and not sure when they might do it.

Also, we are coming in the night before the cruise - any suggestions on hotels to stay at - or stay away from? Flying into Orlando.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:45 PM, rolloman said:

Hi Paul,

Not so sure about that..... I have heard nothing stating an additional sailing will be added as you described.  Furthermore, to be honest not so sure ours will not be canceled as well. 

I think it will be further delayed past Nov 14 first sailing 😞  Unfortunately they are having big problems with the structure of the atrium on the side of the boat. Also the past two boats that used the LNG (liquefied natural gas) were delayed twice due to problems integrating it.... so my suspicion is that another delay will be made. Not trying to be the debbie downer, but..... 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, lindawaring2001 said:

I think it will be further delayed past Nov 14 first sailing 😞  Unfortunately they are having big problems with the structure of the atrium on the side of the boat. Also the past two boats that used the LNG (liquefied natural gas) were delayed twice due to problems integrating it.... so my suspicion is that another delay will be made. Not trying to be the debbie downer, but..... 

I hope there won't be any further delays. However, I do have a cruise booked as a backup. I didn't want to wait. Let's keep our fingers crossed. 

New to the cruise board thing but this looks like an awesome community! Glad to be a part of it! Looking forward to this sailing (fingers crossed it wont be delayed) This will be our first Thanksgiving cruise and our first platinum cruise as well!

On 1/22/2020 at 11:56 AM, acovjo said:

New to the cruise board thing but this looks like an awesome community! Glad to be a part of it! Looking forward to this sailing (fingers crossed it wont be delayed) This will be our first Thanksgiving cruise and our first platinum cruise as well!

Nice....you will enjoy platinum perks.