Cruise Critic Community
gdlamberth

Premium Beverage Package on Australian based Sea Princess??

We have the PBP on an upcoming Australian Cruise on Sea Princess.  The terms and conditions page on Princess' web site says that among the included beverages are "milkshakes (when available)." Does anybody know what that really means for an Australian cruise on Sea Princess??  I think Ice Cream is an extra charge but can they make milkshakes??  If so, any idea of what the charge is?  If you tried them, did you think they were good? 

None of this is a deal breaker , just trying to manage DH's expectations:classic_blush:

Greg

Hi!  I got off the Sea last week and the only milkshake I saw was from the New Zealand Icecream bar on deck 12.  This is an additional charge venue and if I remember correctly the milkshakes were roughly AUD$7.50 or so.  I didn't purchase while on board, but can certainly vouch for the 10/10 yum factor of this brand.  :-) 

Thanks V_icki_e,   appreciate you taking the time to respond.  I was pretty sure that milkshakes wouldn't be included due to the NZ Creamery concession.  DH loves a good shake:classic_rolleyes: and for $7.50AUD we'll give it a go.  If good I'm sure we'll give it many goes.  The couple with a shake and a mojito on the pool deck will be us:classic_biggrin:.

Again, thanks for taking the time to provide helpful information,

Greg

Posted (edited)
On 2/11/2019 at 4:33 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

$7.50AUD for a mikshake?  Creamery or no Creamery.....wow.   😳

To you that’s $5 - for a milkshake, it’s the fair rate. 🤑

Edited by Porky55

Since the PBP Terms & Conditions say "milk shakes (if available)" are included, I would expect them to be included. I believe he "(if available)" limitation is because some ships do not have milk shakes available (at any price).

I have not purchased milk shakes on the Sea Princess in Australia, but V_icki_e said they are available on the ship. I have purchased milk shakes on the Caribbean Princess - they were an extra cost item there, but they were included in my PBP.

Posted (edited)

After spending 38 days on the Sea Princess last Fall(Spring) OP, u are correct Milk Shakes are not included.

Princess of Australia runs a tight ship...😉we had a wonderful experience on this beautiful ship......staff really catered to the guests.

Edited by land lover

21 hours ago, land lover said:

After spending 38 days on the Sea Princess last Fall(Spring) OP, u are correct Milk Shakes are not included.

Princess of Australia runs a tight ship...😉we had a wonderful experience on this beautiful ship......staff really catered to the guests.

Did you have the Premium Beverage Package on your cruise?