Cruise Critic Community
gdlamberth

Premium Beverage Package on Australian based Sea Princess??

I want to apologized in advance as I posted this on the Princess Board; but, I thought I might get answers here also.  I appreciate your patience.

We have the PBP on an upcoming Australian Cruise on Sea Princess.  The terms and conditions page on Princess' web site says that among the included beverages are "milkshakes (when available)." Does anybody know what that really means for an Australian cruise on Sea Princess??  I think Ice Cream is an extra charge but can they make milkshakes??  If so, any idea of what the charge is?  If you tried them, did you think they were good? 

None of this is a deal breaker , just trying to manage DH's expectations

I’m pretty sure Sea Princess had NZ ice creamery so they’re not included.

Yes, the NZ Ice Cream is on board (at an additional charge) so I was expecting the Milkshakes (or Thick Shakes) to be for an additional charge also.  On the New Zealand Natural Ice Cream web site the flavors look really good so I'm optimistic that great ice cream products will be available at a reasonable additional charge.  DH and I don't mind paying a bit extra for really good ice cream/shakes/sorbets.  Thanks for  taking the time to reply.

Greg

NZ Ice Creamery certaly is good quality (if they have Hokey Pokey) give it a try. But you do pay extra for their products.

as an aside Diamond Princess still owe me about 5kg for what their free Thickshakes did on our circumnavigation of Australia and Celebrity probably owe e similar for their handmade Ice Cream.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:07 AM, gdlamberth said:

I want to apologized in advance as I posted this on the Princess Board; but, I thought I might get answers here also.  I appreciate your patience.

We have the PBP on an upcoming Australian Cruise on Sea Princess.  The terms and conditions page on Princess' web site says that among the included beverages are "milkshakes (when available)." Does anybody know what that really means for an Australian cruise on Sea Princess??  I think Ice Cream is an extra charge but can they make milkshakes??  If so, any idea of what the charge is?  If you tried them, did you think they were good? 

None of this is a deal breaker , just trying to manage DH's expectations

Many of the Princess ships have their own ice cream dispensary, not a New Zealand Ice Creamery, where milkshakes are free with any of the beverage packages.

Sea Princess instead has a NZ shop where nothing is free.