Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Tk10

carnival pride

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CoolOne56 said:

We live near Philly, so Baltimore is close.  We sailed out of Baltimore once in October.  Too cold to enjoy the balcony or the deck until we got to warmer weather.  Everything else was great.  I agree with grandmarnnurse, no desire to go to the Bahamas again.  I'm not too crazy of 7 days just to go to Bermuda either.

 

 

I live around 2 hours from Baltimore so that port is a no brained for when I do book. Was 7 days felt too long for you? Also why not Bahamas bad experience? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Battle Bots said:

Baltimore most hectic and unorganized embarkation port we have cruised.  Granted we have only sailed about a dozen times out of ½ dozen ports, but it was absolutely the worst.  The whole process was very unorganized to say the least and the agents (both CCL and security) were less than friendly.  It may have been that everyone was having a bad day I guess, but one CCL agent kept all but yelling at one member of our group "You HAVE TO SIT DOWN right now" when she has a lot of back issues and those terrible hard chairs were very painful to her after more tyhan a few minutes.  The agent did not care at all.

The ship itself (Pride) was not exactly up to standard.  It was in bad need of a lot of TLC.  There was a whole lot of rust and dirt in many places.  That was more of cosmetics though as the ship never did seem unsafe in any way what so ever.  The food (especially late night) left a WHOLE lot to be desired.  The only late night food is pizza that is ½ raw and dripping with so much grease that you had to soak it up with a large handful of napkins before you could eat it.  The steak house was adequate but well below the standards of other cruise line steak houses.

Personally I would avoid that port and that ship if at all possible.  I am sure others have exactly the opposite opinions. but that is what I honestly think of the port/ship inquired about.

No matter what you end up selecting, I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

I know some ppl will like a ship others dislike and vice versa but I want to pick something I don’t feel is a waste of a trip for first going. If I go cruising and realize it is not for me then I’ll know haha but thank you for your feedback! Sadly that’s the only port Id go out of bc the amount of money it would take elsewhere I’d rather save that money. I am looking into the grandeur of the sea but everyone is saying it is very expensive for a balcony like price hike and a lot older crowd. Was this since the remodel or before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tk10 said:

I live around 2 hours from Baltimore so that port is a no brained for when I do book. Was 7 days felt too long for you? Also why not Bahamas bad experience? 

 

So do I - hi neighbor! I love 7-8 day cruises.  I usually sail in Oct. - Nov. out of Florida.  In 2020, we'll be cruising in Feb.  We like cruising out of Florida because there are more itineraries.

   

No bad experience in the Bahamas, been there too many times - both land & cruise. :classic_smile:

 

If this is your first time to the Bahamas, you will have a good time. Take a water taxi to Paradise Island to the beach or take a tour. Just be prepared for people trying to sell you everything & anything.

 

Fellow posters can give you all the information you need, just ask.

 

Whatever you decide to do, you're on a cruise and will have a great time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Tk10 said:

thank you both for the replies! i don't mind little noise like esp during day plus may not be a necessity for some but i will be taking a sound machine to help just incase. most of the rooms I've seen open with balconies are near the atrium or on deck 6,7,8 i believe it was and i feel being near the atrium would be another noisy area but i do not know? I've heard good things about carnival(an acquaintance tends to go on them and enjoy them but i wanted more feedback). I read somewhere but im just asking, are you allowed to take food from like a buffet or such other than the actual dining back to your room? Just thought be nice to enjoy some food on the balcony maybe once or twice if allowed. Also the gratitudes...how exactly do they work are they added right away or mandatory i should say or can you tip as you see fit? 

 

You will want rooms below & especially above you. Hearing tables & chairs dragged across the floor at 5 - 6 AM is not cool.

 

On the Conquest, our room (8269) was near elevator & atrium - no noise.

 

As other stated, you can take any food/drink to your room.  Fyi, there are no trays to carry food on nor covers for the food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoolOne56 said:

 

So do I - hi neighbor! I love 7-8 day cruises.  I usually sail in Oct. - Nov. out of Florida.  In 2020, we'll be cruising in Feb.  We like cruising out of Florida because there are more itineraries.

   

No bad experience in the Bahamas, been there too many times - both land & cruise. :classic_smile:

 

If this is your first time to the Bahamas, you will have a good time. Take a water taxi to Paradise Island to the beach or take a tour. Just be prepared for people trying to sell you everything & anything.

 

Fellow posters can give you all the information you need, just ask.

 

Whatever you decide to do, you're on a cruise and will have a great time!

 

Howdy! I wanted to travel between that time frame as well bc I know it’s gonna be hot I lived in Florida for a short time haha but I don’t want it to be too miserable for everyone in my party. How was those months for you once you made it to the ports? I’m also worrying myself about what to do if I get off and have a small bag with me with water and few other smaller things and I want to get into the water I do not know what to do with them or thinking it may get taken?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoolOne56 said:

 

You will want rooms below & especially above you. Hearing tables & chairs dragged across the floor at 5 - 6 AM is not cool.

 

On the Conquest, our room (8269) was near elevator & atrium - no noise.

 

As other stated, you can take any food/drink to your room.  Fyi, there are no trays to carry food on nor covers for the food.

My original thought I figured near atrium would be noisy but I’m getting different feedback thankfully! I also appreciate the feedback about not being near any food venues onboard. I just want to have a balcony I’m leaning toward without crazy noise so with all the feedback feel have good idea areas I need and ones to stay away from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CoolOne56 said:

As other stated, you can take any food/drink to your room.  Fyi, there are no trays to carry food on nor covers for the food.

This is a great point. I actually bought a tray on Amazon and have it packed in my luggage for my cruise on the Dream in 2 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We found only two of our nine cruise out of Baltimore cold, they were in January and February.  On both of these cruises the temperature wasn't warn enough to until the second full day of sailing.  Never had a problem with the October temperature and being outside during the daytime hours.  We love sailing out of Baltimore since it is only a three hour ride away, so no planes or TSA to deal with.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My final advice is JUST DO IT...1000 people are going to have 1000 opinions.

 

There are moaners, whiners, complainers and fortunately some positive people who love to cruise.

 

Only YOU will know if you like it and some do and some don't.  My first cruise was long before the days of internet so I went with no idea of what it was all about other than a few friends saying it was a great vacation.  Thirty cruises later, I like it!

 

Baltimore is the easiest terminal I've sailed from (some will disagree) and Pride is perfect for a first timer since it's smaller and easy to get around.

 

Wishing you a great time!  ENJOY!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 4:22 PM, JMAE said:

The image I attached shows two things, one the inside corners I was pointing out. Stateroom 5227 forms an inside corner with stateroom 5225 and this occurs for every floor above.  Second the image shows where the staterooms fall in relation to the lifeboats.  I have found the plans are accurate.  When I am going to cruise in an obstructed view balcony the first staterooms I look for are the staterooms between the lifeboats, like 5230 and 5232. From the obstructed view cabins you can see out  not down but that is the same for the balconies that are on the floors above the "obstructed" view cabins. The only difference is that you can look down at the lifeboats.  I feel all the balcony staterooms are nice and would stay in any of them, but my last choice would be the inside corner balconies.      

image001.png

On the room that are between the boats, are you able to see straight out to the water ,  are the boats under the 5th deck?  Just trying to figure out the layout for these///thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dvond said:

On the room that are between the boats, are you able to see straight out to the water ,  are the boats under the 5th deck?  Just trying to figure out the layout for these///thanks!

Do a google search for the room numbers you want to know about. You'll find things like this photo of the view from room 5235. Just do a little homework and you'll likely find what you want to know. 

30db86049565959ad59f0d91dae25e69_800.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have cruised on the Pride twice.  First time we had an extended balcony toward the back on the 8th Floor.  Serenity area was directly above us, so it was very quiet..........however, the vibration in the back is horrendous.  The second time, we got a balcony room on the 7th floor more toward the center but still to the rear of the ship.  Much better as far as the vibration, etc.  and still very peaceful since there were only rooms above and below us.   All of the other amenities on the ship are great.  Also, our second cruise was just a month ago and the embarkation and debarkation have greatly improved over our first cruise a year ago.  Arrive at you appointed time and have your information ready and you are good to go !!   Enjoy !!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, you are able to see straight out to the water from all the obstructed view staterooms.  I try to avoid staterooms that are located by the first three lifeboats on each side since they are larger then than the others.  The staterooms between the lifeboats you have a channeled view of the water below.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, dvond said:

On the room that are between the boats, are you able to see straight out to the water ,  are the boats under the 5th deck?  Just trying to figure out the layout for these///thanks!

Pride is my home ship.  I've sailed on her three times out of rooms 5241 and 5243.  You can see out with obstructed views and the water and blue skies are really peaceful and relaxing!  I'm returning to Pride in June.  Last year we tried Glory and weren't too impressed.  That port was worse than the Maryland one by far to me.  Very unorganized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gold_Cruiser said:

That port was worse than the Maryland one by far to me.  Very unorganized. 

 

That's saying a lot because in my experiences, Baltimore is pretty unorganized (along with a lot of lazy port workers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, Tk10 said:

I know some ppl will like a ship others dislike and vice versa but I want to pick something I don’t feel is a waste of a trip for first going. If I go cruising and realize it is not for me then I’ll know haha but thank you for your feedback! Sadly that’s the only port Id go out of bc the amount of money it would take elsewhere I’d rather save that money. I am looking into the grandeur of the sea but everyone is saying it is very expensive for a balcony like price hike and a lot older crowd. Was this since the remodel or before? 

Are you sure you couldn't sail from somewhere else, like Bayonne, NJ? Longer drive, but might open up your range of possibilities. We live in NJ and are traveling to Baltimore to cruise on the Pride in August. Only a 3 hour drive for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bbtbear said:

Are you sure you couldn't sail from somewhere else, like Bayonne, NJ? Longer drive, but might open up your range of possibilities. We live in NJ and are traveling to Baltimore to cruise on the Pride in August. Only a 3 hour drive for us.

I could be closer 5 hours for me and the price isn’t too drastic between the ports for me to choose to go outta there, because I’d have gas and tolls and I’d want to be there the night beforehand because anything could happen on the way haha so I’d have a room also extra so I could yes but to me would be more of a hassle and actually more money for myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have sailed out of Baltimore 9 times and never had a problem with the port or their staff! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 9:59 AM, draghag1 said:

We have cruised on the Pride twice.  First time we had an extended balcony toward the back on the 8th Floor.  Serenity area was directly above us, so it was very quiet..........however, the vibration in the back is horrendous.  The second time, we got a balcony room on the 7th floor more toward the center but still to the rear of the ship.  Much better as far as the vibration, etc.  and still very peaceful since there were only rooms above and below us.   All of the other amenities on the ship are great.  Also, our second cruise was just a month ago and the embarkation and debarkation have greatly improved over our first cruise a year ago.  Arrive at you appointed time and have your information ready and you are good to go !!   Enjoy !!!!!!!

I absolutely agree about the rear vibration. Made eating dinner in the MDR near impossible. When going for brunch/breakfast we always asked for a table as close to the front area as possible. If I cruise her again I will be visiting the maitre'd to request a table near the forward area of the dining room for sure. 

 

Other than this issue i have no problem with the ship, staff, or the Baltimore port itself. I love the easy to get around layout of this class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, Gold_Cruiser said:

Pride is my home ship.  I've sailed on her three times out of rooms 5241 and 5243.  You can see out with obstructed views and the water and blue skies are really peaceful and relaxing!  I'm returning to Pride in June.  Last year we tried Glory and weren't too impressed.  That port was worse than the Maryland one by far to me.  Very unorganized. 

 

Can you comment on any noise issues for these two cabins?  Also, if both 5241 and 5243 were available, which one would you choose? TIA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...