Deviation fee and airport transfer

zitsky

8 minutes ago, Missymssy said:

Lol. I just emailed tellus@viking almost the same question! We arrive early in Alaska, but asked if we still have a transfer to airportafter disembarking.

I will post back when they reply

Why didn't I think of that!   Maybe because I'm using a TA.

Been there. Done that.

In 2016, when we extended our trip after our cruise, we had transfers on arrival but had to get ourselves to the airport when we left. Coming up in a few weeks, we are arriving early and will be getting ourselves to the ship but when we head to the airport on disembarkation day, it will be on a Viking bus.

No transfers with deviated air.  And watch out for changes.  We paid the fee to deviate the flights we wanted and then months later received an "update" that put us back on the exact flights we did NOT want and paid the fee to get away from.

Multiple calls later and different answers from everyone we spoke with, we were told the flights VO booked us on with the extra fee do not work for departure time from ship. One would reasonably expect that their air department would have known that.  And then it took  multiple calls to get my fees refunded.  Altogether, far more hassle and misinformation than with any other line IME.

Edited by caviargal

Here is a reply from Viking Social.  I do have a transfer at the beginning.

We’re in receipt of your inquiry, and are happy to provide some information to inform your travel. As you arrive in Venice on the same day of your cruise embarkation, we are able to honor your transfer to the ship upon your arrival.

A little late, but I received the same answer from Visiting. Flying in early, we only have up the transfer TO ship. Yay. From Viking email:

Your transfer in Vancouver will be honored as you’ll be flying out the same day as your disembarkation. We hope that information is helpful to your travel plans.