11:30 Embark Question

llarsen

Hello, 

We are taking our grandsons and their parents on their first cruise.

We are on the Sensation and have 2 outside cabins on Deck 6.

Our cruise Check In time is 11:30am

I plan to have everyone go to the buffet while I go to Excursions to pick our Cabana for HMC and go to our rooms to do a little decorating before they arrive at their cabin.

I preordered some treats and items from the Fun Shops, requesting delivery on Day 1 (no guarantee they will be delivered prior to us arriving at our staterooms)

I am also bringing some other items from home like beach toys, stuffed animals, candies etc. that I would like to set up in the room before they walk in. I would also like to blow up a couple balloons and decorate the stateroom door prior to them arriving to their stateroom.

Question:

1. Is Excursions Desk open that early to choose Cabana?

2. Will I be allowed to go up to Deck 6 to add a few things to the rooms? (I know they don't allow you to occupy them until a certain time)

3. Do they allow a couple balloons and streamer on outside of cabin door?

4. If they boys pack their swim trunks in their carry on bag, are the pools and waterslides open upon Embarkation prior to cabins becoming available to occupy?

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

1. Yes, the excursion desk will be open when you board. 

2. You will not be able to go to your room until 1:30 unless you have purchased FTTF (Faster to the Fun). Or if you are Diamond or Platinum (which I’m guessing you are not, or you would know this already). 

3. All decorations hung on cabin doors must be fire retardant and whatever you attach them with must not damage the door. 

4. The pools should be open unless they had to empty them for santitation reasons. 

15 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hello, 

I plan to have everyone go to the buffet while I go to Excursions to pick our Cabana for HMC and go to our rooms to do a little decorating before they arrive at their cabin.

I preordered some treats and items from the Fun Shops, requesting delivery on Day 1 (no guarantee they will be delivered prior to us arriving at our staterooms)

I am also bringing some other items from home like beach toys, stuffed animals, candies etc. that I would like to set up in the room before they walk in. I would also like to blow up a couple balloons and decorate the stateroom door prior to them arriving to their stateroom.

Question:

2. Will I be allowed to go up to Deck 6 to add a few things to the rooms? (I know they don't allow you to occupy them until a certain time)

4. If they boys pack their swim trunks in their carry on bag, are the pools and waterslides open upon Embarkation prior to cabins becoming available to occupy?

Thanks so much!

Balloons on the doors will be removed. As Baker answered, not only will you not have access to your cabin, you will not have access to theirs.    

Thank you for your quick reply! 

I'm sure we can keep them busy with the pool/slides until 1:30 :-)

They are going to be soooooo excited exploring the ship that they won't be asking to go to their cabin early, lol.

Good info on the door decorations, thank you!

1 minute ago, coevan said:

can you pre purchase cabanas? I hear they sell out fast

You pretty much have to prepurchase them. If you wait until you board, they most certainly will be sold out because they are extremely popular. However, you cannot choose which cabana you want until you board the ship. At which point it’s first-come, first-serve as far as cabana choice is concerned. 

7 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hello, 

Question:

Thanks so much!

Can you be my mom??????!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

You pretty much have to prepurchase them. If you wait until you board, they most certainly will be sold out because they are extremely popular. However, you cannot choose which cabana you want until you board the ship. At which point it’s first-come, first-serve as far as cabana choice is concerned. 

I guess we got lucky. We decided to surprise the couple cruising with us and got a Cabana when we got on the ship. There were 3 available and we picked the one we wanted. Sadly, due to winds and rough seas our HMC stop was cancelled while we were waiting in the lounge to be called to the tender.  :classic_sad:

On 2/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, llarsen said:

Thanks so much!

If you are staying in a hotel the night before, have the boys put their trunks on under their clothes at the hotel.  Then they won't have to change in the bathrooms.  Lots of people do that because the stalls in the bathrooms are tight.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

I guess we got lucky. We decided to surprise the couple cruising with us and got a Cabana when we got on the ship. There were 3 available and we picked the one we wanted. Sadly, due to winds and rough seas our HMC stop was cancelled while we were waiting in the lounge to be called to the tender.  :classic_sad:

Where are these cabana you all speak of ?

Yes, we are staying at hotel night before. Good idea on wearing them under clothes! Thanks!

We have a Cabana for Half Moon Cay which is the private island on our itinerary.

It is currently $318 and you book it under the Excursions tab. (Ignore the 1hr time frame, it's yours for the time you are there) 

I was hesitant to book it because I know we will be exploring more than resting. If the water is warm in April we will be in the water most the time. But all the reviews seem to say it is worth it. 

On 2/10/2019 at 12:59 PM, coevan said:

can you pre purchase cabanas? I hear they sell out fast

Echo the early purchase of a cabana comment.  One other point, when you board you can go to the excursion desk (err, what ever they changed the name to) and pick your cabana out.  You can google the map....We enjoyed being further down the beach away from the bar and less people.  

Edited by jimbo5544

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

If you are staying in a hotel the night before, have the boys put their trunks on under their clothes at the hotel.  Then they won't have to change in the bathrooms.  Lots of people do that because the stalls in the bathrooms are tight.  

Why do you have to change in the stall? It's men's or lady's room.

1 hour ago, llarsen said:

TandemCruzr - I'm sorry to hear you missed HMC. 

HMC is the main reason I picked this itinerary....I will be so sad if we miss it.

I imagine you were refunded for the Cabana rental?

Yes we were. We have only been to HMC 2 out of 5 times. All 3 misses were due to weather (wind, rough seas, etc.) :classic_sad:

1 hour ago, coevan said:

Why do you have to change in the stall? It's men's or lady's room.

For starters, there's barely enough room to move around in those bathrooms to begin with.  Secondly, not everyone is an exhibitionist that likes to get naked in public.  Thirdly, are you enjoying yourself contradicting everything I say lately? 

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

For starters, there's barely enough room to move around in those bathrooms to begin with.  Secondly, not everyone is an exhibitionist that likes to get naked in public.  Thirdly, are you enjoying yourself contradicting everything I say lately? 

you said he has a bathing suit under his pants. When we travel from Colorado in the winter, we change out of our winter gear in the airport bathroom. I don't think of it being an exhibitionist, changing my clothes. Is everyone in the gym locker room an exhibitionist? And, it's not contradicting, it's making a statement.

• Like 1