Cruise Critic Community

I am buying adapters and power converters for my pre cruise stay in Sydney. Do I need to get different cables too? I was chatting to the rep at Apple and they said I should. I’ll also be staying over in Singapore after the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to get new cables, unless they are damaged already.

as to power converters, these may also be unnecessary. Most of the power packs for phones, tablets and even laptops automatically switch internally. Check the labels and if they say something like 110-250v, them they will work pretty much anywhere.

Adaptors, of course because of so many different configurations. However, there are some single adaptors where you can move the pins around for each country, saves buying too many things.

Cables are fine, your USB socket that goes into the PowerPoint may have come with an Aussie plug too, if not just grab a USB plug when you get here at Woolworths or something.

Most hotels have USB charging in Singapore... I just used the cable part & when I got on ship used plug & Cable...

I am not asking about the ship. I have ceruised many times. I’ll be in Australia for 3 days before a cruise and in Singapore two days after. 

But thanks anyhow. 

I recommend getting something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Charging-Carrying-Universal-POWERGENCE/dp/B075282TD1/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1550033577&sr=8-4&keywords=universal+adapter+power+strip

I have one and it has the USB as well as power. Its all you will need in singapore, sydney and on the cruise.
The great thing is that its NOT a surge detector so the cruise line wont freak out about it.

Thanks. I have something like that on order. 

I don’t need it for the ship. They have US style outlets.