Cruise Critic Community
ducruiser01

Ramasside Tours Egypt Recently ??

Wondering if anyone has recently used Ramasside for a tour in Egypt? Will be using them in a few months and was wondering if someone could give a review of how their recent tour was with them. Any info will be most appreciated.

Hi
We used Le Caire Travel last month for a 15 days tour of Cairo, Luxor & Aswan and 6 days in Jordan I have nothing but good things to say about them. Very well organized, professional, friendly and eager to please. Our tour guide Heba was terrific. She was friendly and knowledgeable, spoke excellent English and was an Egyptologist who was well versed in the historical and cultural aspects of the sights we were taken to see. Anything we asked of them, they did it. 

Wish you a nice trip

Edited by Franck 27

I have been researching the options from my cruise ship Regent Explorer from Safaga to Luxor in November 2020.  There is a 2017 vlog from a round the world cruiser which covers the Middle East.  On days 126 and 127 of May there is a full narrative of his experience of a two day tour from cruise ship Oceania Insignia to Luxor using Ramasside.  The review is extremely positive and the tour was booked privately, not with the cruise ship.  Other parts of the Middle East are also covered including Petra and Jerusalem with many photos.  I strongly suggest you use this vlog as a major reference:           http://2totravelrtw180.blogspot.com/2017/05/

The reviews on Trip Advisor for Ramasside are also overwhelmingly excellent.

We used Ramasside  last year and would highly recommend. Guide very knowledgeable, with a safe and polite driver. A woman joined us last-minute and they were vey apologetic that the car was small for three backseat passengers. (They actually offered to change vehicles, but we didn't want to delay the start.)

We had the Cairo Layover Tour, from about 6am to 6 pm. The guide, Mina, was prepared to spend as much time as we wanted at all the sights. He was also helpful in giving advice on how much to pay for guidebooks, trinkets, etc., from fairly aggressive local vendors.

Sorry to be so late to this thread. You may have gone already.

LPD

ducruiser01

We went to Luxor for two days in 2018 and I found out that the Valley of Kings opens at 6am.  So we were picked up at 5:15am by our tour company, Love Egypt Tours.  We were the only people in the tombs and we saw every tomb that was open for the day.  It was truly spectacular to see and take our time in each tomb.  

On 5/6/2019 at 5:41 AM, amusea said:

I have been researching the options from my cruise ship Regent Explorer from Safaga to Luxor in November 2020.  There is a 2017 vlog from a round the world cruiser which covers the Middle East.  On days 126 and 127 of May there is a full narrative of his experience of a two day tour from cruise ship Oceania Insignia to Luxor using Ramasside.  The review is extremely positive and the tour was booked privately, not with the cruise ship.  Other parts of the Middle East are also covered including Petra and Jerusalem with many photos.  I strongly suggest you use this vlog as a major reference:           http://2totravelrtw180.blogspot.com/2017/05/

The reviews on Trip Advisor for Ramasside are also overwhelmingly excellent.

Thank you for sharing your vlog.

We just booked an overnight excursion to Luxor with Ramasside Tours.  The booking process was very easy and the communication we received from Nada Yehia was excellent.  She responded to our questions immediately and was clear, concise and very helpful.  The price was very reasonable.  We are really looking forward to our trip!