tsxgray1

Restaurants near Embassy suites 17th Street Ft Lauderdale

We will be arriving around 6 pm tonight and are looking for a good restaurant for dinner in walking distance of the Embassy Suites 17th Street . Thanks!

Lots of options within walking distance.  Looking for burgers, seafood, sports bar, ?

plug the hotel address into Google maps and you can see restaurants in the area.

33 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Lots of options within walking distance.  Looking for burgers, seafood, sports bar, ?

plug the hotel address into Google maps and you can see restaurants in the area.

Agree...another quick and easy thing to do is simply open up Google Maps for the Embassy Suites. There is easily a dozen restaurants within 3 blocks.

Or search on this board...many restaurants mentioned.

Yep - google maps zoom in and out then check the restaurants on tripadvisor.  LOTS of places nearby.  Quarterdeck is a Florida chain nearby - not bad. 

Perhaps the OP is looking for recommendations from folks who have favorites near this hotel?  I know how to Google and navigate Trip Advisor and Yelp, but sometimes, I like to ask if anyone on the boards has specific recommendations.

25 minutes ago, KCMiller said:

Perhaps the OP is looking for recommendations from folks who have favorites near this hotel?  I know how to Google and navigate Trip Advisor and Yelp, but sometimes, I like to ask if anyone on the boards has specific recommendations.

If that is the case, it will help if the OP provides a description (other than 'good') of what he/she is looking for:  budget, cuisine, ambiance (indoors/outdoors), etc.  As others have noted there are lots of restaurants within walking distance but obviously prices, cuisines and ambiance vary.

Edited by capriccio

Since I don't like doing corporate/chain type restaurants when visiting new places... I'd recommend Kelly's Landing, Southport, or even Laspadas (kind of a local legend) if you just want a quick grab/go sandwich.  Gilberts is "ok" but I think it's just too diner/vanilla for me.  The rest of the spots are just too "sports bar" typical for me but if that's what you are in the mood for, you do have Duffy's and Quarterdeck.