Jump to content
cjdixon4

Carnival Mardi Gras Missing in their Drop Down

Recommended Posts

I'm booked on Mardi Gras for a 2020 sailing. Does anyone know why the ship isn't listed in the drop down, since Carnival is taking bookings for their itineraries?

Doesn't appear that a roll call has been created either, unless I'm missing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cjdixon4 said:

I'm booked on Mardi Gras for a 2020 sailing. Does anyone know why the ship isn't listed in the drop down, since Carnival is taking bookings for their itineraries?

Doesn't appear that a roll call has been created either, unless I'm missing something.

 

Are you talking about on the Carnival site and at the booking portion?  If so, it is there.  It is at the very end because they are not calling it the Carnival Mardi Gras, but just Mardi Gras.  Maybe they are dropping "Carnival" from future ship names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ishap said:

 

Are you talking about on the Carnival site and at the booking portion?  If so, it is there.  It is at the very end because they are not calling it the Carnival Mardi Gras, but just Mardi Gras.  Maybe they are dropping "Carnival" from future ship names?

Hmmm, that's interesting. Sure makes searching for the ship a tad bit more complicated than necessary, but I'll check it out.  Thanks much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ishap said:

 

Are you talking about on the Carnival site and at the booking portion?  If so, it is there.  It is at the very end because they are not calling it the Carnival Mardi Gras, but just Mardi Gras.  Maybe they are dropping "Carnival" from future ship names?

 

They called it the Mardi Gras (sans "Carnival") to hearken back to the original name of the first ship in the line.

 

I would expect all future ships will still use "Carnival" at the front to distinguish from other cruise lines' ships with similar names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

 

They called it the Mardi Gras (sans "Carnival") to hearken back to the original name of the first ship in the line.

 

I would expect all future ships will still use "Carnival" at the front to distinguish from other cruise lines' ships with similar names.

 

You would thing that will literally millions of words out there, the cruise lines could come up with names that another cruise line hasn't already used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

 

You would thing that will literally millions of words out there, the cruise lines could come up with names that another cruise line hasn't already used.

 

Well, yeah, but the cruise lines like to go with themes, and the themes have started to overlap (by design or accident I cannot say).

 

Sunshine, Sunrise, Radiance, etc all give a certain vibe.

 

Sailing on Carnival ships named "Blackest Midnight", "Sullen Twilight" or "Heart of Darkness" might not be quite the same, even though they would be unique!

 

:classic_biggrin:

 

:classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

 

Well, yeah, but the cruise lines like to go with themes, and the themes have started to overlap (by design or accident I cannot say).

 

Sunshine, Sunrise, Radiance, etc all give a certain vibe.

 

Sailing on Carnival ships named "Blackest Midnight", "Sullen Twilight" or "Heart of Darkness" might not be quite the same, even though they would be unique!

 

:classic_biggrin:

 

:classic_wink:

Sullen Twilight....sounds like a concoction from the Alchemy bar.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with Daniel Skjeldam, CEO Hurtigruten
      • Win a 7-Night Romantic Danube Luxury River Cruise with AmaWaterways
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×