Epic Interrupted

Briji04

26 minutes ago, MMJMM said:

I was on the Epic last week. Canceling the port calls was very unfortunate especially for those headed to weddings. However guest operations were normal the whole time. The Code Bravo lasted about five minutes. I was told it was a small incinerator fire but there were lots of rumors. The rumors about cruise members fighting are rumors. Nobody knows what happened. The collision in San Juan was a big nothing. It was sensationalized by a passenger on another ship taking that video. Nobody on board even knew it happened. This is the first I’ve heard about an explosion near the dining room. That didn’t happen.

The biggest complaint I have is that we were 12 hours late getting back to Port Canaveral. Since everyone missed their flight they let us stay on board another night. That meant we had to disembark and get back on for some stupid reason. That process was a mess. It took two hours to walk everybody through customs and the parking lot. 

The usual number of people wanted their money back and were rude about it. I’ll take the 100% credit. NCL did the best they could. Stuff happens. 

There definitely was an explosion like sound on Thursday night around 9-930pm or so. We were having dinner at Cagney's when we heard it. The room went silent and we all looked at each other. After the engine issues all week to say we all were a bit nervous is an understatement. 

After that the sound was even louder with even more vibration. 

If you were in the mid to front of the street you quite possibly didn't hear it. 

1 hour ago, MMJMM said:

I was on the Epic last week. Canceling the port calls was very unfortunate especially for those headed to weddings. However guest operations were normal the whole time. The Code Bravo lasted about five minutes. I was told it was a small incinerator fire but there were lots of rumors. The rumors about cruise members fighting are rumors. Nobody knows what happened. The collision in San Juan was a big nothing. It was sensationalized by a passenger on another ship taking that video. Nobody on board even knew it happened. This is the first I’ve heard about an explosion near the dining room. That didn’t happen.

The biggest complaint I have is that we were 12 hours late getting back to Port Canaveral. Since everyone missed their flight they let us stay on board another night. That meant we had to disembark and get back on for some stupid reason. That process was a mess. It took two hours to walk everybody through customs and the parking lot. 

The usual number of people wanted their money back and were rude about it. I’ll take the 100% credit. NCL did the best they could. Stuff happens. 

I'm back-to-back on the 9th and the 16th...and I would echo these sentiments. I do wish communication were a little more frequent and thorough, but I guess they are worried about liability or just embarrassed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

I'm back-to-back on the 9th and the 16th...and I would echo these sentiments. I do wish communication were a little more frequent and thorough, but I guess they are worried about liability or just embarrassed.

Hi,  have you heard what time you are leaving today?

29 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

Keep us posted if possible on how she's running. Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMJMM said:

The moorings were destroyed. But it was like an elephant stepping on a mouse . Nobody on board even noticed until we got off. I talked to the Coast Guard on the pier. It’s a joint CG/NTSB investigation but just some superficial damage to the ship. 

What i cant figure out is why the CG let us leave San Juan with engine problems. Whatever. 

The Captain of the Port would have no reason to hold you guys. Machinery breaks all the time on ships. As ironic as it may seem, there was no deficiency in the ships maneuverability. Not sure on the timeline of the portside prop going offline but thats actually not enough for the USCG to hold a ship.

The more you cruise the more you realize that anything can happen.  We were recently on the Getaway where Carnival found the crew member who jumped a few days later. We went back for hours looking for the guy but everyone figured he was dead.  I felt sorry for the crew members who were sad.

From hearing the comp given from this cruise it sounds VERY fair.  One thing I have learned is communication on all the cruise lines always has problems......even on the great cruises.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

I actually tried to stay on board for the next cruise. I figured they had a substantial number of cancellations. However neither NCL reservations nor the people on board could book anybody. They said the reservation computer took the cruise off line at the normal time. I figure they would have fire saled the empty cabins. 

26 minutes ago, MMJMM said:

I actually tried to stay on board for the next cruise. I figured they had a substantial number of cancellations. However neither NCL reservations nor the people on board could book anybody. They said the reservation computer took the cruise off line at the normal time. I figure they would have fire saled the empty cabins. 

I thought there might be some nice upgrades for people that had insides and windows booked, we canceled an aft facing balcony on 11, I was thinking upgrades would be a nice thing for those on board, maybe there weren't that many cancels.

2 hours ago, MMJMM said:

“That didn’t happen” - ***** lol? Why would I make that up? 

2 hours ago, Beaches262 said:

There definitely was an explosion like sound on Thursday night around 9-930pm or so. We were having dinner at Cagney's when we heard it. The room went silent and we all looked at each other. After the engine issues all week to say we all were a bit nervous is an understatement. 

After that the sound was even louder with even more vibration. 

If you were in the mid to front of the street you quite possibly didn't hear it. 

We were at Carney’s as well, about 20-30 mins into our 9:15pm reservation. And yea completely accurate description.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iden583 said:

“That didn’t happen” - ***** lol? Why would I make that up? 

Every rumor possible was flying around that ship. An explosion would have caused noticeable activity all over the place and been put right on the 6:30 news given the history of the trip. It was something harmless I’m sure.  

4 minutes ago, MMJMM said:

Every rumor possible was flying around that ship. An explosion would have caused noticeable activity all over the place and been put right on the 6:30 news given the history of the trip. It was something harmless I’m sure.  

I wonder if its possible that you are not actually the authority for everything that happened on the ship this past week?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MMJMM said:

I never said I heard about it or that it was a rumor. I said it because it happened to me smh lol 

and in addition yea what they said ^, did you ever think that perhaps there was something you may not know about or have seen?  Or do you just know absolutely EVERYTHING enough to tell me what I witnessed did not happen? Or to say it was not serious when you clearly have no idea what even occurred since you’re saying it didn’t happen smh lol

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

I wonder if its possible that you are not actually the authority for everything that happened on the ship this past week?

Do some more chanting in the Atrium. They’re not giving you your money back. The cruise was fine. Be happy with the 100% credit. You were lucky. 

22 minutes ago, MMJMM said:

Do some more chanting in the Atrium. They’re not giving you your money back. The cruise was fine. Be happy with the 100% credit. You were lucky. 

Chanting is a bit irrational, nothing I said was irrational though. So not sure why you’re grouping me together with that. Yet you tell me what I witnessed did not happen. Which I’d say is definitely not rational or reasonable lol. So maybe it’s you who that is better grouped together with the irrational people?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iden583 said:

Chanting is a bit irrational, nothing I said was irrational though. So not sure why you’re grouping me together with that. Yet you tell me what I witnessed did not happen. Which I’d say is definitely not rational or reasonable lol. So maybe it’s you who that is better grouped together with the irrational people?

It's  a trend in all of these boards.  People who are not on the ship will tell you what happened and how you should feel about it.  Please don't let it stop you from telling us what actually happened.  Not everyone is like that.  Also, don't take it personally, it happens all the time. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CroozFanatic said:

Crooz...I hope you mean the 11th and the 16th,  we sail on the 11th, I hope they come back for us...

17 minutes ago, croix153 said:

so now the rumor is that the ship is going to be drydocked in Freeport tomorrow, and that the current cruisers are being kicked off.  (According to NCL facebook group)

When this debacle first started unfolding I thought "Surely whatever it is will be fixed by the time I cruise". ( I know that sounds selfish, and I feel for EVERYONE inconvenienced in both sailings so far). Now I'm legit concerned. We're supposed to cruise on March 2. It's our first cruise, ever, and I am beginning to actually worry.

lol, seeing people that were on the Feb. 9 sailing sharing articles on that book-like social media site, and saying they're getting no flight-change or hotel compensation.  Weren't others reporting that they WERE going to get that?  Did those people miss some announcement?