On Board Bookings

richwmn

In a previous thread, which unfortunately I can't find, there was a discussion about booking on board. The discussion centered around the various things we have been told about how the booking would be handled. I promised to ask the Future Cruise Consultant this week and I did that a few minutes ago.

According to the FCC currently aboard the Nieuw Statendam

1. Unless otherwise directed, the cruise will be assigned to the agency or department that is listed on your current cruise.

2. You can request that the cruise be put in the "general" pool with Holland America. This is the same group that gets responsibility if you book on the website or by calling in to the general phone number. Cruises assigned to this group can not be transferred to a PCC, but can be transferred to whatever TA you wish.

3. If your current cruise was initially booked by a PCC, and then transferred to a Travel Agency, you may be able to have the booking transferred to your PCC. I was told that the FCC could call the supervisor and it might be allowed.

As with anything concerning any large corporation, you may get another answer from any person you call or talk to at HAL HQ or aboard the ship.

In October while on our cruise my sister and I booked another cruise.   I had gone through my PCC and she was just in the general pool.  We asked the FCC consultant to assign my sisters booking to my PCC and she said she did that. 

We found out after we got home that that was not the case. My sisters booking was thrown into the general pool and mine did go to my PCC.  In order for my sister to be with a PCC she had to cancel and rebook through the PCC office. 

Thank Rich,

Just a bit of additional info - if you like to use your PCC and then transfer to a TA, don’t book on board.

The PCC doesn’t get credit for the booking if it is an onboard booking and then transferred.  Not sure why, but that is what I was told.

Otherwise, the PCC gets full credit.

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Just a bit of additional info - if you like to use your PCC and then transfer to a TA, don’t book on board.

21 hours ago, richwmn said:

3. If your current cruise was initially booked by a PCC, and then transferred to a Travel Agency, you may be able to have the booking transferred to your PCC. I was told that the FCC could call the supervisor and it might be allowed.

This is what I was told. I wouldn't chance booking on board but I suspect that if you pushed the issue, your PCC might be able to get the credit. Something like telling the onboard FCC that you won't book unless the PCC gets credit. Everyone has goals to meet and that might be enough to make sure the PCC gets the booking. But, like I said, I wouldn't chance it myself.