Air deviation 270 days prior to cruise date or 270 prior to our departure date choice

Anna201213

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Or just add the cruise to your rssc.com profile and it will tell you when you can do what.

16 minutes ago, Anna201213 said:

I have a profile but I cannot find where I can have it.

On the Regent website, click on “My Account” and then click on “Booked Cruises.”  At the bottom of the page will be a section to add your cruise to your profile.

Dave

7 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

On the Regent website, click on “My Account” and then click on “Booked Cruises.”  At the bottom of the page will be a section to add your cruise to your profile.

Dave

7 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Dave

I have my cruise  on Booked cruises, what I did not find is the date for air deviation

6 minutes ago, Anna201213 said:

I have my cruise  on Booked cruises, what I did not find is the date for air deviation

The booked cruises does not tell you when you can deviate. It gives you all the other dates but not the deviation date. I have used the website that Jackie posted and it is great for figuring out the date to deviate.  i bookmarked it years ago when Jackie first posted it and use it for every cruise. 

2 hours ago, 1982CruzStart said:

The booked cruises does not tell you when you can deviate. It gives you all the other dates but not the deviation date. I have used the website that Jackie posted and it is great for figuring out the date to deviate.  i bookmarked it years ago when Jackie first posted it and use it for every cruise. 

If you have MS Excel on your computer, getting dates is simple.  Just put the date your cruise departs in one cell and then go to another cell  put in the equal sign then click the cell with the departure date and then click enter.  Excel does lots of things having to do with math calculations.

35 minutes ago, rallydave said:

If you have MS Excel on your computer, getting dates is simple.  Just put the date your cruise departs in one cell and then go to another cell  put in the equal sign then click the cell with the departure date and then click enter.  Excel does lots of things having to do with math calculations.

We have Excel and I must say that the website is faster and much easier but I will try that for future reference.

20 hours ago, rallydave said:

I think I’m misunderstanding something. It looks to me like you are telling us how to calculate A=A?

Just now, jeb_bud said:

I think I’m misunderstanding something. It looks to me like you are telling us how to calculate A=A?

Oops, after clicking the cell with the departure date put - in the cell with the calculation and then the number of days to subtract or add, in this case 180 then click enter.

Sorry for missing that important part of the equation.

Thanks for the correction Jeb

3 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Well, you'd actually need to enter the cruise date in one cell, then either a hard date or TODAY() in another cell and then subtract.  But still pretty easy.

2 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, you'd actually need to enter the cruise date in one cell, then either a hard date or TODAY() in another cell and then subtract.  But still pretty easy.

Bill, I corrected the formula and you only need to enter a single date. and then the number of days forward or backward and the formula will give you the date you want.  Don't need to enter 2 dates.

3 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Bill, I corrected the formula and you only need to enter a single date. and then the number of days forward or backward and the formula will give you the date you want.  Don't need to enter 2 dates.

Dave, you're correct, of course.  I got sidetracked and was doing a countdown instead.  Which is also fun.

I guess we could all set up Excel spreadsheets and do all kinds of fun things with dates.  If that doesn't just scream 'geek' I don't know what does...     :classic_biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kwaj girl said:

Don't know why they wait until 270 days prior to departure.  Most airlines post their schedules and prices 330 days in advance.

You are correct about the 330 for most airlines Kwaj girl with some even closer to 365 days.  There actually is a reason for the delay.  Booking a round trip only the outgoing flight is available at 330 days so depending on the length of the trip, the extra 60 days will cover most cruises up to 60 days so that Regent can book the full round trip in a single process.  

Would be great if they would book each flight separately but, that would then double to effort leading to price increases for increased staff.  Think the 270 days is a fair compromise for booking all of the air in a single process.

Actually, it is helpful to us that airlines show flights 330 days in advance as it gives Regent passengers a chance to see if their air credit would be enough to pay for the flights that they prefer.  Sometimes (rarely), there is a savings when you book on your own and take the air credit. 

Kwaj girl - you are likely Titanium as we are and if you book your own flights, you still get private transportation.  Really a good benefit!

TC2- we absolutely enjoy the private car transfer.  We usually do our own air but will let Regent handle it for the Feb Splendor inaugural as they have already changed the first sailing date and who knows if they will do it again.