Old drinks package on msc ships

Nuggy23

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit of clarification. We are booked on bellissima to sail at the end of June on the aurea experience . We booked in August 2018, before the new drinks packages came in. My booking confirmation  says we are on the all inclusive drinks package to be consumed in all bars, self service buffet and restaurants. On the old bar menus, we could order anything that didn't have an asterisk beside it. How will we know what we can or can't order now as the new bar menus will be geared towards the new packages, and how will we be sure we get the old package that we have booked, as from what I can gather it has a better choice and more expensive price range of drinks, and includes ice cream etc.

Does anyone have a photo of the old bar menu that I can bring on board as proof of what we are entitled to, as I am completely confused

Thanks in advance for any info😎😎

These two answers from the TA FAQ's may help:

7. I’ve already purchased old drink packages for my client. What happens now?
The expired packages will be honored on board at the purchased sales price for any booking or option. So, nothing changes for your guests who have already booked an expired drink package, whatever the date of the cruise.

9. What drink package will be included in the Aurea Experience?
The Easy Package will be included for all cruises purchased with the Aurea Experience beginning 11/19/2018 (cruises booked prior to that will retain the previous package).

Hope this helps.

Bret

Any drink under $10 is included in your Aurea Classic package. That's loads and loads of drinks and quality brands of liquor. The bartenders will be able to tell you yes or no also, the code will come up for the old package and shows what's available.. 

We just did it two weeks ago, zero issues. 

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Any drink under $10 is included in your Aurea Classic package. That's loads and loads of drinks and quality brands of liquor. The bartenders will be able to tell you yes or no also, the code will come up for the old package and shows what's available.. 

We just did it two weeks ago, zero issues. 

This does not apply to the OP as he's doing a Med cruise - the $10 limit only applies on US-based ships.  The OP will have the old All-Inclusive Restaurant and Bar Drinks package - NOT the Classic, which was always more expensive, but more comprehensive.

I am using this post for similar question, if I booked the YC prior to the change, will the gelato and drinks at Venchi will also be honored?

I am sailing on september on the Seaview and my kids are waiting for the gelatto:)

Thanks

15 minutes ago, nayuval said:

I am using this post for similar question, if I booked the YC prior to the change, will the gelato and drinks at Venchi will also be honored?

I am sailing on september on the Seaview and my kids are waiting for the gelatto:)

Thanks

We're in YC on Seaview at the end of August and booked before the change, too.  I'll be interested in finding out whether we can have drinks in Venchi, too.

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

We're in YC on Seaview at the end of August and booked before the change, too.  I'll be interested in finding out whether we can have drinks in Venchi, too.

Hi

I am on the Seaside YC in May so I emailed MSC re changes to their drinks and here is the reply that I received, hope it helps. 

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Please be assured that the items included in the Yacht Club experience at the moment of the booking will be honored, since the changes are only for the cruises booked after the 11th of November.

Should we be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. 

Kind regards
Stefania Esposito
Booking Management

MSC Cruises Ltd
5 Roundwood Avenue
Stockley Park – Uxbridge - UB11 1AF
Phone Travel agents (UK): 0203 426 3000  
Phone Direct (UK & IRL): 020 3426 3010

Thanks, SB ... I've sailed since the introduction of the new packages and have already experienced having everything included in our old Deluxe package.

I'm sceptical about Venchi because I clearly saw it stated that Venchi isn't included (despite reports on here to the contrary - but that's for Seaside.  My experience of MSC in the Med is that they do things differently there and are more inclined to enforce the rules).  Someone even posted a photo of a sign at the concierge desk which indicated that Venchi wasn't included - this is before the new drinks packages were introduced.

I'm sure there must be another gelato station onboard Seaview where you can get gelato (on Meraviglia the Jean-Philippe franchise was always excluded from the packages but there are 2 gelato stations onboard where the old drinks packages can be used).  This isn't an issue for me as I don't eat gelato and DH only ever has it in the MDR for dessert (though it's not the same quality as the gelato for a fee).

Hi Bea 

I have followed your post with great interest as you are a wealth of knowledge but I can't see how they can't give you everything that you purchased at time of booking whether that be Seaside or Seaview,  my concern was the crepes milkshakes and gelato as my DH does not drink alcohol. I just don't think that they can promise on one ship and not the other. However this is MSC we are talking about lol a quick email to them to clarify that you will receive everything that you bought with the cruise fare would set your and everyone else's mind at rest and they are quick at replying, then you will have it in writing to take with you as I am 🤗 so there is no confusion. Happy cruising. 

• Like 1