Best Airlines in the World

Hlitner

Just saw another best airlines article which I am linking here:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/best-airlines-in-the-world-for-2019-airlineratings-2018-11

Just one more poll/article of many that fails to include any North American airlines in the top 10.  I do agree with the assessment although we do find much to like about Southwest and their unique way of doing business.

Among the major US carriers we do favor Delta...but that is only because they seem to be the least worse of the majors :(.  

Hank

Meh, another "ranking" exercise with a distinctly Australian/New Zealand bias (the rating company is in Australia.)  In my view these competitions are nothing more than clickbait.  

Edited by Gardyloo

3 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

Meh, another "ranking" exercise with a distinctly Australian/New Zealand bias (the rating company is in Australia.)  In my view these competitions are nothing more than clickbait.  

Agreed. Where it matters the US carriers have made huge leaps and bounds especially in the last 5yrs.

Delta One Suites on the A350, United Polaris and AA Business Class offer seats towards the top end of the business class spectrum. Similarly AA and United have hugely improved their business/first class lounges in the past few years. AA now serve Krug in some of their lounges! Nobody does that, not Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Qatar, or for Etihad Residence!

Yes, the service isn’t always as polished as the top Middle Eastern/Asian carriers but the hard product has made huge strides. 

The much lauded (by infrequent travelers who fall for marketing guff) Emirates still have middle seats in business class and still do on their new product! You know who doesn’t on any long haul aircraft...AA, DL and UA*

*UA may have some on a handful of aircraft but these are being phased out.

I really think the new UA Polaris seats stink.  Yes they are private, but width and comfort are poor.  Certainly prefer a Swiss or LH seat to any of the UA new seats.  Service is still poor.   Have to beg for water.  They give you one bottle and then hide for the flight duration.

I'm personally not a huge fan of Polaris but it's a fully flat bed seat, all of which have aisle access which in word form alone are the standard for new business class today. 

Whilst Lufthansa are one of the better airlines in First Class their Business Class is average at best, IMO, especially if you're flying alone (I'd rather not share a footstool with a stranger!). Their last few seats have been bang average at the time of introduction and they take forever to convert the whole fleet. American Airlines offer a better business class seat on domestic flights! Lufthansa's business class lounges are woeful too. 

21 hours ago, fbgd said:

I'm personally not a huge fan of Polaris but it's a fully flat bed seat, all of which have aisle access which in word form alone are the standard for new business class today. 

Whilst Lufthansa are one of the better airlines in First Class their Business Class is average at best, IMO, especially if you're flying alone (I'd rather not share a footstool with a stranger!). Their last few seats have been bang average at the time of introduction and they take forever to convert the whole fleet. American Airlines offer a better business class seat on domestic flights! Lufthansa's business class lounges are woeful too. 

i agree with you 100% about Lufthansa regarding their business class product and their lounges.