Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlp

Caribbean Princess Caribe Deck balconies

going on the CP and was looking at cabins C738 or C730

I was told that the Caribe has larger balconies.

anyone know, and which do you prefer

We often opt for the Caribe deck because they all have the larger balcony. They're great when you're in a warm climate but maybe not as important when cruising in a cold area - where you wouldn't be likely to spend the afternoon on the balcony reading a book. I can't see any difference between C738 or C730. I'd probably take the one closer to the elevator.

Love , Love Caribe deck balconies. They are 9 ft x 9 for.   That section of cabins from about 620 and aft is usually a good value, as they are priced as a BD category.  The cabins in the center are often priced as premium balconies.

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Caribe deck balconies on the "CB" are larger and very popular/sought after.

Yep. Caribbean Princess is CB. CP is Sea Princess.

Did a review a few years ago, CB, cabin Caribe 436.   

"While on the subject of the balcony, we booked on the Caribe deck for that extra space. Everyone talks about halves, thirds and percents when describing the cover of Caribe balconies. While packing I happened to eye the sewing kit while we were gathering our stuff. Anyway, I grabbed one of those cloth-measuring strips that you roll up and take up no space at all. Drum roll please, on the CB, the standard balcony has a usable width of 8'11". The extra deep Caribe balcony measures 9'5". Dolphin deck, below, has a depth of 6'1". Baja, above, has a balcony depth of 4'4". So, the overhang above Caribe balcony isn't quite 50%, it's close enough as a description. "

Basically, they are wth same as any other balcony cabin with a larger balcony which is half covered.   

Here are two pics of our Caribe Balcony on Caribbean Princess from a few years ago.  I believe it was C601 (standard Caribe balcony).  Second pic is of setup for the UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dinner) - definitely do this instead of going to Crown Grill - it seems much more special.

DSC00013.jpg.0e7177a821f4ca6866dcbe3a889cc80a.jpgDSC00021.jpg.60f2871655b11708d6b1022424bfeb85.jpg