Cruise Critic Community
Stickman1990

Crystal Endeavor to sail the North East Passage in August 2021

From a Crystal post on Facebook

Crystal Expedition Cruises has just announced that Crystal Endeavor will travel a route that has captivated travelers for centuries - the Northeast Passage. This bold expedition will embark from Anadyr, Russia for Tromsø, Norway on August 18, 2021. On this 28-night journey, guests will enjoy some of the world’s most remote islands and coastlines while exploring new terrains few others have had the opportunity to experience.

I’m sure further details will be somewhere on Crystals website 

C0E81CEF-BAF6-4D59-A35C-33078B80D255.jpeg

Edited by Stickman1990

I could swear that I remember that this had been announced previously. However, I know I'm not going to do it. I'm sure it would be 200% for a solo, and the base 100% would be out of my price range! 😳🙄😱

Patty

Edited by Texas Tillie

Us too - and I haven’t even seen the actual price but I know it will be way out of our price range

I just got an email prompting it and advising me I could book early to secure our place - well that won’t be happening 🙂

It’s funny as the folk at the next table to us in Marketplace right now just got the email too and we joked about getting our pre-bookings on secure our places

We are pleased to extend to you, our valued Crystal Society family, an exclusive priority booking window, from February 20 through March 12, 2019. Take advantage of this special opportunity and book your suite aboard this 28-night journey before reservations are opened to the public on March 13, 2019

Edited by Stickman1990

The email showed up in my mailbox about 10 minutes after I responded to the initial post. I deleted it without reading!

Patty

• Well, I think I'll pass on this opportunity to provide hard currency to the government (sarcasm) of Russia.

This is indeed something that has not been announced before the e-mails went out yesterday.

While we were on board the NWP in 2016 and there was a Q&A someone asked if something like Northeast Passage might be in future plans.  

Judging by the interest in NWP I am sure there will be interest in NEP.   NWP had a high price tag but certainly attracted many people.

Glad to see that this one has been added for those who want to see this part of the world and whose budget will allow them to take this type of voyage.

Having Endeavor certainly opens up a lot of possibilities for Crystal and for those guests who have a desire to see these places.

Keith

Keith,

are you booking it? :classic_smile:  way different than the NWP besides the itinerary...something new and exciting for Crystal, expedition luxury experience for a much smaller group.  I'm sure there are quite a few folks that are chomping at the bit!!! :classic_biggrin:

Nancy

15 hours ago, TER777 said:

http://legacy.crystalcruises.com/files/agent/2019/OfferSummaries/2021-Northeast-Passage-Crystal-Endeavor.pdf

Interesting  that it is still on the legacy site.  I still haven’t received the email. 

Tracie,

if one goes to legacy.crystalcruises.com, it takes you automatically to crystal cruises.com

nancy

ps.  Look forward to sailing with you in mid September..its been some time as we've been sailing on the serenity the last few cruises

8 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Keith,

are you booking it? :classic_smile:  way different than the NWP besides the itinerary...something new and exciting for Crystal, expedition luxury experience for a much smaller group.  I'm sure there are quite a few folks that are chomping at the bit!!! :classic_biggrin:

Nancy

Nancy, this is something that Anne Marie and I will need to look at in the next few days.

The good new is that we already have much of the clothing which will be needed that we never can wear at home.  :classic_laugh:

Keith

2 hours ago, nancygp said:

Tracie,

if one goes to legacy.crystalcruises.com, it takes you automatically to crystal cruises.com

nancy

ps.  Look forward to sailing with you in mid September..its been some time as we've been sailing on the serenity the last few cruises

That is not what happens when I click on the link (using my phone). Maybe using a computer is different.  

See you September. 

5 hours ago, TER777 said:

That is not what happens when I click on the link (using my phone). Maybe using a computer is different.  

See you September. 

Tracie

Thank you so much for posting this link.  I think back to our conversation with the Captain, in front of the world map outside Bisto, many years ago.  He was asking what we were looking at.  We asked when Crystal would sail from Halifax to Vancouver, via the Northwest Passage.  He was highly skeptical, because Canada would require pilots onboard for all the days in Canadian waters.  He also said his friend had just done the NE passage, and was confident Crystal would do that one first.  We told him we would be onboard when Crystal did either, and he smiled, and said he too!  So count us in!  May require some tough negotiations with our financial wizard, but she came through for NWP in 2015!  Dancing all the way from Anadyr toTromsoe...

Anyone going??   I see advance bookings open tomorrow.

Prices seem rather high.    Silversea is doing a similar one in 2020 for alot  on a smaller ship (Explorer).   Not the same class but close for alot less...

Decided to bite the bullet and book this in lieu of an almost identical SS cruise.   This one will give a year more to pay for it  🙂

Well was a real bear to try to book the cruise.  Crystal was not prepared, was on the phone with my TA in a conference.  The Crystal rep had troubled booking since it was not loaded into the system  (???).  Kind of hard to believe especially since   the few S7-S3 were already on waitlist only...  In any case we booked a S2, midship. 

Finally it is on the web site...

Paul congratulations on making the booking.  We know two other couples from CC who have also booked this.  Very  exciting.

Keith

.  A couple of questions:

For S1-S7 - do we know the room layout?  Specifically the bathroom?  Is it a tub/shower combination, or shower only?  

Do we know what is on the "other" side of 500, that would make it the cheapest?

Cheapest price is for a S7.  Yet there is only 1 cabin on the ship designated S7, Cabin 500 on deck 5.  (Please correct me if I am wrong)  I think Crystal could be justifiably criticized for advertising"prices from" when only 1 cabin is available at that price.

The price advertised on Crystal's public website does not includes  port fees/taxes - no surprise there, that is typical.  But it does include the Crystal Society discount, meaning first timer cruisers could reasonably expect to pay that price.

Lastly, are posts about Endeavor appropriate here, or is there another board?

Edited by crickette

I would have your TA confirm this but in reading the details of the S category suites there is a mention of the rain shower and nothing about tubs so I expect it to be a rain shower only.   Same goes for the PS category.  Under EP category they mention bathtub. 

Keith

The renderings -- seem to look like a shower.  Does not look like a lot of room in the bathroom -- even in the PS below. 

Regarding prices.  Yes it states that Crystal saving are included -- but then it is only open right now to past cruisers.

I hate prices without port taxes included.  They are $1400 pp for this cruise,

Yes very few S7 through S3.  Mostly of course in front or less desirable areas, like medical center, far forward, or near an open area to the deck below.  But so few.

image.thumb.png.be826fcf93006078aa4e0251275611f8.png

Edited by PaulMCO