Eye bags and upper lid skin remedy

pcur

I posted this on another thread on this board, but thought I would start a new thread more specific to the subject:

I've used this with another treatment, and they are working great.  This Nivea product is for cellulite and skin firming, so I've been putting it on my arms the last few days, too.  Under my eyes and my arms are noticeably better.

Here's what I started doing this past week: Baking soda followed by Nivea Skin Firming and Toning gel:

1/8 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with about 1/4 cup of hot water in a small container or glass.  Stir to dissolve the baking soda.  Take 4 of the round, flat, cotton make-up remover pads and soak them.  Pick up all 4 and gently press excess liquid out.  Lie down and put one on each eyelid, and one folded in half below each eye.  Think good thoughts and relax for about 10 - 15 minutes.  It's a great thing to do when you first wake up:  go potty, do your eyes.

Rinse with cold water.  Pat dry.  Put a teeny dot of the Nivea gel on one finger, and pat the opposite hand's same finger on it.  Dab and pat the gel on the upper eyelids and under the eyes.  Be sure to keep it away from getting into your eyes, so dabbing/patting is best.  You're done.

Go back in 2 hours and look.  I saw good results after several applications of the baking soda mix, but even more with the Nivea.

It has a very nice "botanical" fragrance.

I also use the Nivea on my arms and chest.

Remember to use very little wherever you put it:  a little goes a long way.  People who complained about the strong flowery smell on Amazon reviews were obviously slathering it on.  Not necessary.

Edited by pcur
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

OK, I thought I would post back on how this worked.  I've been cruising since 3/13/19, which is about 11 weeks continuously.

This remedy I described above WORKS!!  And, it works well.  Happy hour each night in the Diamond Lounge, about 2.5 Manhattans, and most nights a glass of champagne at dinner.  Only drank water at any other time during the day or evening.  Every morning I would have bags under my eyes, puffy, but not drastically.  Upper lids a little puffy, too.  Bag under the right eye went down further because that's the side I slept on.

I didn't do this remedy every single day.  I was religious about it for the first several weeks.  Then, I just patted the Nivea gel on clean eyelids and under the eyes.  Don't rub it it:  let it absorb into the skin.  

An hour later most, if not all, the puffiness was gone.  By mid-day definitely gone. 

I'll take before and after pictures tomorrow and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked online; in Canada it's listed as Nivea Q10 Plus Firming Cellulite Gel and is available at Shopper's Drug Mart.  I'm heading out to pick some up to see if I find a difference.  Thanks for the tip!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• 1 month later...

I still dab it on my eyelids and under my eyes every morning now.  Even without the full monty treatment with the baking soda, it tightens the skin nicely for the day.  Been using the gel for 5 months now.

• Like 1

I just purchased the Nivea on Friday along with a Garnier under eye roller my Goddaughter swears by.  I am seeing a difference already. Thanks for posting this @pcur, after spending $75 on an under eye gel that after 4 months barely did any good I am excited to see the results of this after a couple weeks if I see a difference after 3 days.  

11 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

pcur: can you post your before and after photos, as previously mentioned? I think all of us would love to see them!!! Thank you

Pictures are of my right eye, which is the worse in the morning, since I sleep on my right side all night.  Same room, same lighting, same camera. 

Picture #1: before eye treatment, no make-up, after washing.  Picture #2 after using a little witch hazel to remove all the baking soda solution, and after the Nivea gel. No make-up.

Before eye treatment.JPG

After eye treatment.JPG

Edited by pcur

23 minutes ago, Bonnie1222 said:

I just purchased the Nivea on Friday along with a Garnier under eye roller my Goddaughter swears by.  I am seeing a difference already. Thanks for posting this @pcur, after spending $75 on an under eye gel that after 4 months barely did any good I am excited to see the results of this after a couple weeks if I see a difference after 3 days.  

I hope this works for you, too, Bonnie. 

14 minutes ago, Set to go said:

Can you take a pic of the gel so I know what it looks like (label)?  Is it something I could pick up at Walgreens, CVS, Ulta?

Diane

I had to order it online from Walmart.com, and pick it up at my local store.

2270b55a-751f-477f-8b58-bc63e96071b4_1.f0b129caee3cffb03401eb393c63c94f.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

54 minutes ago, Bonnie1222 said:

I got mine at CVS for $15, but I had a 40% off coupon... Amazon had it for just under $8 with free delivery on Prime

$8 is a great price, and I'll put it on my Amazon wish list.  I think they were out of it when I originally went looking for it, after checking out RiteAid, CVS, and Walgreen's stores.

1 hour ago, Set to go said:

Found it at Walgreens and the second tube was half off.  I don’t know how long the tube is good for but I figured I could use on my arms.  Has anyone used on other parts of their body?

Diane

Actually, it's primary use is removing cellulite, and I have used it on my upper arms.  It tightens skin wherever you use it.

• 3 weeks later...