RCI Pay day at Coco Cay

Hi Guys, just off Harmony this past Sunday, loved it so much we booked it for next Feb. So, starting to do a little research and planning, I looked at what Coco Cay had to offer and I believe I'm reading this right, RCI has the 450 foot water slide as an excursion for $109.00, a wave pool and a zip line is included in that price. my question is, is the only way I can go down the big slide is if I pay the excursion price? thanks in advance for your input.

This is what really irks me about Coco Cay. $100 to go to the water park?!?!? SMH!! I have a season pass to 6 flags that includes the water park plus 6 flags all over the country for $70. 

If I was a parent I don't think I would book a cruise to coco Cay. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Depends on the cabana.  The thrill watermark cabanas come with admission for 6 guests.  The south beach and overwater cabanas come with admission for 8 guests. 

Thanks....I've also read that those under a certain age ( 3 or 4) aren't included in the maximum occupancy for the cabana's...true or not?

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks....I've also read that those under a certain age ( 3 or 4) aren't included in the maximum occupancy for the cabana's...true or not?

I couldn’t find anything in the fine print.  Not sure what the policy is.  I’m wondering if it might be if the kids aren’t tall enough to go on the rides.  All water park rides are 48” Tall to ride.  It would seem silly to have to pay anything for kids under 48” as they couldn’t do anything.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I had read on another thread that the price for the excursion is not for the full day in the water park. Last time I was at Cocoa Cay my kids were 5 and 8. It was just a regular beach day and they enjoyed it . There are plenty of water parks on land. I wouldn't even consider paying that kind of money to a cruise line for their private island.

7 hours ago, Gquie said:

Compared to the $100 zipline that you get to go down once at Labadee, this price is a pretty good value. "Compared to" being the pejorative words here... 

My cruise planner is showing  the zip line pre cruise price (discount already applied) for $103. Can't imagine what the regular price is. All I know is I can grab a flight to Florida from JFK for a few dollars more that includes a snack and a soft drink. I'm finding out slowly that the only thing Royal about Royal Caribbean is that they charge a King's ransom for slightest thing. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I had read on another thread that the price for the excursion is not for the full day in the water park. Last time I was at Cocoa Cay my kids were 5 and 8. It was just a regular beach day and they enjoyed it . There are plenty of water parks on land. I wouldn't even consider paying that kind of money to a cruise line for their private island.

It will be hard for parents with small children if they go to Coco Cay unless they want to pay for the activities.  The sketches I have seen show a wonderland of activities.  It would be like taking your kids to Disney World and telling them they can not participate in the activities. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

It will be hard for parents with small children if they go to Coco Cay unless they want to pay for the activities.  The sketches I have seen show a wonderland of activities.  It would be like taking your kids to Disney World and telling them they can not participate in the activities. 

Well hopefully those parents book under the kids sail free promo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

There are 2 areas outside of the water park (splash pad and the Galleon) that are free.  These are what you will see as you are walking in.  Pretty much all the rides in the water park have a height restriction of 48” so they would be out for the little kids.

44 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

There is a full day or a half day option 

• Like 1

Coco Cay had a inflatable water park last visit.

The thing they do different then others is that the fee is not for all day use.

The kids get to use it for 1 hour only, than you are done.

If they wanted to stay longer you have to $$$$$$$$

We never did it.

Especially since you can go to Paradise Beach and use it all day for $16..

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I couldn’t find anything in the fine print.  Not sure what the policy is.  I’m wondering if it might be if the kids aren’t tall enough to go on the rides.  All water park rides are 48” Tall to ride.  It would seem silly to have to pay anything for kids under 48” as they couldn’t do anything.

I know two of our little's won't be tall enough but just wondering if they are included in the "maximum occupancy" number to rent a cabana. We'll have 6 adults and two kids (6 yo) & two kids (3 yo). I remember reading a post on CC that says kids under a certain age (4yo) aren't counted towards that occupancy max.

Thanks for checking the fine print though. Hoping someone will have some experience with this situation before we're due to experience this new port stop for us in May 2020.

5 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I know two of our little's won't be tall enough but just wondering if they are included in the "maximum occupancy" number to rent a cabana. We'll have 6 adults and two kids (6 yo) & two kids (3 yo). I remember reading a post on CC that says kids under a certain age (4yo) aren't counted towards that occupancy max.

Thanks for checking the fine print though. Hoping someone will have some experience with this situation before we're due to experience this new port stop for us in May 2020.

I'm at a training seminar next week and CocoCay is on the agenda.  I'll try to remember to ask about this. 

Did you really expect the price to be less than that.   Look at all the money they get daily for those cabana's that only cost a couple of grand to build.  If the water park sells you can bet the price will get even higher.

Edited by fred30

The full day waterpark is listed at $58 pp in my cruise planner.

Quite honestly most land based water parks are about $40, of course your going to pay a premium for one in the Bahamas. I'd have an issue with it if they were taking away the free stuff at CocoCay, but from everything I've seen that isn't changing. If anything the waterpark will spread out the crowds.

27 minutes ago, mattb31 said:

The full day waterpark is listed at $58 pp in my cruise planner.

Quite honestly most land based water parks are about $40, of course your going to pay a premium for one in the Bahamas. I'd have an issue with it if they were taking away the free stuff at CocoCay, but from everything I've seen that isn't changing. If anything the waterpark will spread out the crowds.

Pier will accommodate 2 ships (hopefully only one Oasis at a time) crowds will likely get worse

56 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm at a training seminar next week and CocoCay is on the agenda.  I'll try to remember to ask about this. 

How nice of you...that would be so much appreciated. Enjoy that seminar.

13 hours ago, Gquie said:

Compared to the $100 zipline that you get to go down once at Labadee, this price is a pretty good value. "Compared to" being the pejorative words here... 

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

My cruise planner is showing  the zip line pre cruise price (discount already applied) for $103. Can't imagine what the regular price is. All I know is I can grab a flight to Florida from JFK for a few dollars more that includes a snack and a soft drink. I'm finding out slowly that the only thing Royal about Royal Caribbean is that they charge a King's ransom for slightest thing. 

Yeah, the zipline isn't cheap.  (My son and I are going on it next month for $79 a piece)  I look at the zipline differently than the CocoCay water park.  To ME, the zipline is kind of a once in a lifetime thing.  It's the longest zipline, over water, in the world. (as they kept reminding us last time I went :) )   It  really is something special IMO.

Now, there are waterparks all over the place, and to spend that kind of money for a day at CocoCay for a whole family is REALLY steep in my opinion.  $500+ for my family?  no thanks.  Even the 1/2 day (which is probably all we would want anyway), is $300 for the 5 of us.

Royal really is making bank by having a captive audience on their own private ports.  I totally understand their reasons, and to be honest we LOVE Labadee, so I'm also looking forward to checking out CocoCay which we are visiting March of 2020.  I'm pretty sure we'll turn it into a relaxing beach day unless there is a good sale on the waterpark.

Dan