7 hours ago, fshagan said:

I think it depends on how much you drink (or think you might drink). Two drinks a day on VV looks like it will be cheaper than the package price per day on other lines (and close to being cheaper than the gratuity on NCL's fake "free" drink package). If you drink more than two drinks per day  then it will probably cost you more on VV.

Two drinks per day? Some people like to have two drinks....at dinner alone! 😬

7 hours ago, fshagan said:

I think it depends on how much you drink (or think you might drink). Two drinks a day on VV looks like it will be cheaper than the package price per day on other lines (and close to being cheaper than the gratuity on NCL's fake "free" drink package). If you drink more than two drinks per day  then it will probably cost you more on VV.

To make a drink package work on most any cruise line, you have to figure on at least 10 to 13 drinks per day.  Cheap drink packages are around $89/day with the more expensive pushing $130/day.  At $9 - $14/drink you need to be having quite a few drinks to make that work out.

I can make the package come close to working if the coffee is included in the package. 4 or 5 coffees per day plus 5 drinks per day and it's sort of worth it.

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, airlinerob said:

They do not plan to offer drink packages.  They will offer prepaid drink bonuses - but not a traditional all you can drink package.

Through tomorrow, pre-pay $300 and get an extra $100 for a $400 bar tab.

• 3 weeks later...

regular pricing on the drinks with beers being $5-6 and cocktails at $9-10,  and  many wines by the glass at under $10 seems reasonable so a $300 shareable tab would go quite a ways for me and my wife.

7 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

regular pricing on the drinks with beers being $5-6 and cocktails at $9-10,  and  many wines by the glass at under $10 seems reasonable so a $300 shareable tab would go quite a ways for me and my wife.

Was about to post that!

image.thumb.png.05a7ddbf14b06a1f005a339cb443b0ce.png

So can the $200 OBC be used for the bar as well? If it can, bought with a $300+$100 bonus should give the feel of AI.