Boarding Day Lunch in Luminae

AQFan

Yes, it is open - I think around 11:30am. If it is not yet open when you board you can hang out in Michael's Club and they will let you know when it is open (you can also stash your carry-on luggage in Michael's while you have lunch). Michael's will have some snacks as well as beverages available while you are waiting for Luminae to open. Great way to start the cruise.

Thank you. Our flight gets into Miami around 11:30  Once we get to the port, we will have to wait for a wheel chair to get into the pier so I don't know how long it will take us to get on board.  The scooter will be up by the cabin but I guess I can use the wheel chair once we get to Michaels's Club to get to Luminae.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, George C said:

On my cruise last year only did it for lunch on embarkation, nice lunch , great service. Need to expand hours for other days.

Must have been a very port intensive cruise since Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation and all sea days. Or are you saying the hours for lunch need to be expanded on sea days?  If so, I agree.  I think expanding breakfast hours would be preferable to expanded lunch hours, at least for us.

10 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Must have been a very port intensive cruise since Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation and all sea days. Or are you saying the hours for lunch need to be expanded on sea days?  If so, I agree.  I think expanding breakfast hours would be preferable to expanded lunch hours, at least for us.

Agree!

On port days we tend to not bother with Luminae as we tend to just get room service but on sea days it is nice to take your time over a full breakfast but I don’t want to have to set my alarm so I don’t miss it!!!

On our recent 21 day cruise on the Reflection, we definitely enjoyed the dinner hour starting at 5:15. My DW likes to eat early due to health reasons and since very few folks like to show up that early, we always got our table for 2 by the window every evening and always had extra time to chat with our servers who, of course, were great at what they do.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We found the boarding day lunch not great IMO.  However it forces us to eat much less then we would had we dined at the buffet.  we also cruise very often, and it gets boring.  We miss Bistro on Five which was our boarding day tradition .

Bistro on 5 was our tradition upon boarding also!  Bloody Mary in hand enjoying their delicious soups and a wonderful panini is missed very much.

We’ll be on the Silhouette 2 weeks from today and lunch in Luminae in no way compares.

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Bistro on 5 was our tradition upon boarding also!  Bloody Mary in hand enjoying their delicious soups and a wonderful panini is missed very much.

We’ll be on the Silhouette 2 weeks from today and lunch in Luminae in no way compares.

We will be on the Silhouette on March 15.  We really enjoy the ship-and Michael's club.  Luminae for breakfast- unless in our suite- and most dinners in specialty restaurants. 

Enjoy your cruise!  Keep the ship nice for us!

12 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We will be on the Silhouette on March 15.  We really enjoy the ship-and Michael's club.  Luminae for breakfast- unless in our suite- and most dinners in specialty restaurants. 

Enjoy your cruise!  Keep the ship nice for us!

It will be our first time on S-class!

Sailed the Summit 4xs in the last few years.

Really looking forward to it and having more choices for specialty dining. Plan on trying them all since it’s included with our suite and will throw in a few nights in Luminae.  

I’ll keep a comfy chair in Michaels Club warm for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

8 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

It will be our first time on S-class!

Sailed the Summit 4xs in the last few years.

Really looking forward to it and having more choices for specialty dining. Plan on trying them all since it’s included with our suite and will throw in a few nights in Luminae.  

I’ll keep a comfy chair in Michaels Club warm for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!