Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Summit Revolution

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I'm another one who loves the new colors.



Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

 

I also love the new look!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping this 'revolution' of the older ships does more than the 'Solsticizing' they did a few years ago.  We sailed Summit a few months after that was done and while many of the updates were nice, to us the ship still looked rather tired and dated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So looking forward to sailing this ship but we have to wait til next February.  Oh well! Cant wait to see some pictures you all will post, I’m sure!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is that it appears we have a lot of CC members that will be sailing Summit right after dryock.   While we had lots of pictures of Millennium during constructions we really haven't seen a lot since she set sail.

 

For all those sailing her soon, please come back and post lots of pictures..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The good news is that it appears we have a lot of CC members that will be sailing Summit right after dryock.   While we had lots of pictures of Millennium during constructions we really haven't seen a lot since she set sail.

 

For all those sailing her soon, please come back and post lots of pictures..  

We will be on the 1st cruise post drydock.  I plan on taking and posting lots of pictures!  Can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elaineb said:

We will be on the 1st cruise post drydock.  I plan on taking and posting lots of pictures!  Can't wait!

Fantastic.    What type of accommodation have you selected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Fantastic.    What type of accommodation have you selected?

We have a Concierge Balcony.  We got a pretty good deal to move up to Aqua Class, but decided to stay put.  This is our 1st Celebrity cruise and we wanted to try the main dining room.  We are also cruising with family in an adjacent room, so we wanted to keep our arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll also be on the post dry dock cruise, so there will be lots of live updates from us as well. We’ve booked a Concierge SV. Can’t wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Fantastic.    What type of accommodation have you selected?

I'll be on the April 13th in a CS and get some shots of that.  Especially since none have appeared from the Millennium refresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When on the Millenium a waiter in Tuscan first night told us he'd spent most of the renovation tearing up carpets and helping the contractors lay them.

 

Funny how we are all different we love both Tuscan and Qsine but on one vivit so far to Murano's didn't like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, elaineb said:

We have a Concierge Balcony.  We got a pretty good deal to move up to Aqua Class, but decided to stay put.  This is our 1st Celebrity cruise and we wanted to try the main dining room.  We are also cruising with family in an adjacent room, so we wanted to keep our arrangement.

Wonderful to hear.   I am sure you will love both the newly renovated ship but also the wonderful food and service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, avrey97 said:

We’ll also be on the post dry dock cruise, so there will be lots of live updates from us as well. We’ve booked a Concierge SV. Can’t wait! 

yea...   So looking forward to it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jchipgcs said:

I'll be on the April 13th in a CS and get some shots of that.  Especially since none have appeared from the Millennium refresh.

 

That I will be waiting for.    We almost always sail in CS's and love them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alushar said:

When on the Millenium a waiter in Tuscan first night told us he'd spent most of the renovation tearing up carpets and helping the contractors lay them.

 

Funny how we are all different we love both Tuscan and Qsine but on one vivit so far to Murano's didn't like it!

 

Love to hear your different perspective.    We have probably the opposite perspective.   Unfortunately for us they took the Murano style restaurant off the ship and only have Tuscan and Qsine.   Even when we have unlimited free specialty dining we usually don't bother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

I'm another one who loves the new colors.



Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 

 

I think the new colors fit better on M class than S class, assuming this photo represents what the finished product will look like...  I'd still like to try an M ship some day but we've never found the right opportunity.

 

 

 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.37.30 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be on the 3/30 sailing.  We are relatively new to X (3 cruises on the Silhouette) so not sure we will know what is old and what is new.  But we will try and post some pics as well.  We are in a Sky Suite so we will try and focus on those areas.  Will be following the posts from the 3/25 cruise very closely so we will know what has been posted and what hasn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elaineb said:

We have a Concierge Balcony.  We got a pretty good deal to move up to Aqua Class, but decided to stay put.  This is our 1st Celebrity cruise and we wanted to try the main dining room.  We are also cruising with family in an adjacent room, so we wanted to keep our arrangement.

Elaineb- do you mind sharing your Aqua upgrade offer ? I Thought the upgrade prices were high...

 

28 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We will be on the 3/30 sailing.  We are relatively new to X (3 cruises on the Silhouette) so not sure we will know what is old and what is new.  But we will try and post some pics as well.  We are in a Sky Suite so we will try and focus on those areas.  Will be following the posts from the 3/25 cruise very closely so we will know what has been posted and what hasn't. 

Sox Fan- We're in a Sky suite (S1) so I'll definitely get a pic for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We will be on the 3/30 sailing.  We are relatively new to X (3 cruises on the Silhouette) so not sure we will know what is old and what is new.  But we will try and post some pics as well.  We are in a Sky Suite so we will try and focus on those areas.  Will be following the posts from the 3/25 cruise very closely so we will know what has been posted and what hasn't. 

Please post bathroom pics of your SS. We're in a S1 in May.  Enjoy your sailing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there hasn't been PH photos posted before the 4/20 sailing, I'll be sure and post some.  This will be my first Celebrity cruise, so I'm looking forward to comparing the experience with Princess & RCCL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you take photos of the suite retreat area, could you please look for a wheelchair lift at the hot tub and take a photo of that with the hot tub.  There was one put in the the Millie and we are very hopeful that Celebrity will do the same on the Summit.  We cruise in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, montgomeryfamily said:

When you take photos of the suite retreat area, could you please look for a wheelchair lift at the hot tub and take a photo of that with the hot tub.  There was one put in the the Millie and we are very hopeful that Celebrity will do the same on the Summit.  We cruise in August.

 

We are wishing the same for the Summit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...