Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

3 minutes ago, D C said:

Ok... HOW do you move them around?  Seems like you'd be giving the thing a bear-hug to grab it from behind.  No back rails of any kind to grab hold of, either. 

The waiter pulled out the chair and pushed the chair in for me. I was a able to push back the chair when getting out, not the easiest but I managed. 

Remember in AQ, and maybe in all non-suite cabins, there was an attached hook on the wall across from the foot of the bed? Cabin steward would leave dry cleaning hanging there or I would use to hang my purse, beach coverup, etc.

Has anyone gotten a good look yet to see if that hook has remained or been replaced? I bring lightweight magnets to hang Celebrity Today, but if the hook is gone, I will have to purchase some heavy duty magnetic hooks and hope they work. 

Bathroom  for reg stateroom looks alot like EDGE. Wondering if there is a drawer under the sink...that was so helpful on EDGE for storage..

Do not know about hooks on SUMMIT,  but the only ones on EDGE were on back of the bathroom door.  We use magneitc chip clips for paper/ light items over by the dresser area.  Heavy duty ones would be needed for clothes.

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bathroom  for reg stateroom looks alot like EDGE. Wondering if there is a drawer under the sink...that was so helpful on EDGE for storage.

I’ve seen a video in which the poster said no drawer. :classic_sad:

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

I’ve seen a video in which the poster said no drawer. :classic_sad:

Thanks for quixk reply...Aw..well,  we will find other spaces for hair brushes and cosmetics.. 

The shelves have the same narrow rim as on EDGE...we did not trust anything breakable up there!

Guess no defoging mirror either...?

Have there been any pictures of the inside cabins?  I have seen one picture in all my searches.  

Also, any pictures of any cabins with upper berths?  We will be having 4 in our cabin on our sailing in June.

46 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Does anyone have pictures showing the new layout of the Oceanview Cafe?

I'm hoping its more like the setup on the S class ships.

TIA

There are a number of photos and videos that have been posted in this thread and in the several current "live from" threads.  Just scroll around.  And yes, it does appear to be more individual stations as on S-class.  (Yay!)

• Like 1

I’m trying to love the new Summit.   

To me (I’m old enough to remember) it feels like I’m watching an old Black and White television.

There are 3 adults (cruising with our best friend) in the aft facing Accessible Cabin.  For privacy, I’m taking magnetic hooks and a lightweight shower curtain to make a dressing room outside the bathroom and moved to give a little privacy between beds.  The curtain is a sensational tropical beach scene.

i always take nautical charts for our cruising area for the bulkheads.  Perhaps I can bring more tropical scene cloth shower curtains for the walls.

Cabins are important.  I tire easily and spend afternoons in the cabins and on our balcony.  I don’t prefer to spend time in a black and white television.

Sorry I’m a grump.

Edited by Donut23
Typo - what else!

3 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

Does anyone have pictures showing the new layout of the Oceanview Cafe?

I'm hoping its more like the setup on the S class ships.

TIA

I think post #810 has the videos a passenger posted. 

On the Summit now, my comments may duplicate other posters.  Last week in AQ deck 11.  This week, deck 8 inside.  Last week two garbage cans, this week only one in sleeping area, bathroom one is missing. DW separated the two piece bedroom one and now we have one in bath.

Power outlets better setup in inside cabin, we have power both sides of bed.  The AQ only had power on the balcony side.  Used CPAP and needed ship extension cord.

Bathroom shelves more limited on inside.

further note, out of San Juan X-ray of bags at boarding is done by land side security firm rather than by ship, they seem to be more vigilant.  Also, on boarding, my CPAP power cord was identified on X-ray as extension cord, a look showed otherwise.

• Thanks 1

Someone on another post called Celebrity and the rep says we are no longer able to "pay the difference" in cost if we have the classic package and order a drink from the premium menu drink.  Do you know if this has changed?  We are hoping the rep is misinformed!

10 minutes ago, wpgcycler said:

Latest pics from the Summit Revolution are out!

vb.jpg

Now that is funny!  It is amazing to me how so many people appear to be bound and determined to be upset about cosmetic changes and improvements, to the point where they want to cancel a cruise over it.  If the absence of a coffee table or updated colors is going to ruin all of the enjoyment that a cruise is supposed to bring, then maybe everyone would be better off if you make the choice to cancel your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnrox said:

Now that is funny!  It is amazing to me how so many people appear to be bound and determined to be upset about cosmetic changes and improvements, to the point where they want to cancel a cruise over it.  If the absence of a coffee table or updated colors is going to ruin all of the enjoyment that a cruise is supposed to bring, then maybe everyone would be better off if you make the choice to cancel your cruise.

That's a little harsh, imo, from someone who has yet to sail on any X ship. The opinions expressed by many on this board are based on years of experience sailing on them. I don’t appreciate that X has obviously chosen to follow a different business model going forward which started with the Edge and continues through the rest of the fleet with the “revolution”. Yes, certain aspects of my future cruises may not be as pleasurable as ALL the previous ones have been since 2003. Am I going to cancel, as you suggest, No. But I will express my disappointment if I so choose. It's far better to let a corporation know how you feel about their product and give them an opportunity to correct something,  rather than just leave in silence.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, ken_ll said:

On the Summit now, my comments may duplicate other posters.  Last week in AQ deck 11.  This week, deck 8 inside.  Last week two garbage cans, this week only one in sleeping area, bathroom one is missing. DW separated the two piece bedroom one and now we have one in bath.

Power outlets better setup in inside cabin, we have power both sides of bed.  The AQ only had power on the balcony side.  Used CPAP and needed ship extension cord.

Bathroom shelves more limited on inside.

further note, out of San Juan X-ray of bags at boarding is done by land side security firm rather than by ship, they seem to be more vigilant.  Also, on boarding, my CPAP power cord was identified on X-ray as extension cord, a look showed otherwise.

Would love to see a picture of an inside.  We will be on a sailing in June with 4 people.  This is our first cruise on Celebrity.

1 hour ago, Finnrox said:

If the absence of a coffee table or updated colors is going to ruin all of the enjoyment that a cruise is supposed to bring, then maybe everyone would be better off if you make the choice to cancel your cruise.

Nah, I'll just bring my fold-up table and beach ball and I'm good.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

That's a little harsh, imo, from someone who has yet to sail on any X ship. The opinions expressed by many on this board are based on years of experience sailing on them. I don’t appreciate that X has obviously chosen to follow a different business model going forward which started with the Edge and continues through the rest of the fleet with the “revolution”. Yes, certain aspects of my future cruises may not be as pleasurable as ALL the previous ones have been since 2003. Am I going to cancel, as you suggest, No. But I will express my disappointment if I so choose. It's far better to let a corporation know how you feel about their product and give them an opportunity to correct something,  rather than just leave in silence.

And, as it has been said on other threads, X went full steam ahead with another Edge class ship and the Revolution of the M and S class ships, before they even had feedback from its loyal guests.  I really wish X at least waited on the Revolution  of the M and S class ships until they got the feedback on the Edge.  Perhaps if they did, X could have upgraded the M and S class a bit differently.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Finnrox said:

For some it may make sense. Just like researching hotels or land based resorts some things are not giving a warm and fuzzy. Thankfully these boards and in particular this thread are helping those decide if they will sail or if they won't. 

For example, as a matter of practicality rather than a cosmetic change, for those who enjoy continental breakfast, or snacks, or even a cocktail, a coffee type table is pretty much a necessity in many of these surface impacted and compact rooms. 

• Like 1

I agree with prior Celebrity cruisers.  We've come to expect certain comforts in our Summit cabins, but no more.  Like some others, I spend a lot of time in my cabin/balcony so the missing items do take away from my cruise.  Will I cancel my cruise next month? No, but may not book another.  Being a fan of Cunard's QM2 where comfort is still available, our next cruise will probably be there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Can I give this multiple likes, not just one?:classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

Why is it so hard for cruisers who are booked, but have yet to sail on Celebrity, to understand the disappointment long time cruisers have over changes that have downgraded the enjoyment of being in your cabin.  It's not about the change in colors or décor, rather the lack of functionality in the décor and amenities. For example, a shower that used to have a bar for women to use to shave their legs is now gone. No where to put Celebrity's bath products, let alone a place to put your own in the shower. What used to be a sofa for 2 to enjoy is now an over sized chair.  Used to be able to enjoy breakfast on the balcony or on your coffee table; now both are gone. We have 3 cruises booked in Royal Suites, all on ships that will have undergone the Revolution.  We have no plans on cancelling them but hope Celebrity fixes some of the misses. If not, we will express our disappointment.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 8