Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, D C said:

It's these little maintenance things that disappoint me, especially after a refurbishment (though I would pay handsomely for a room that got cold enough for my liking).  

That is how we felt.  Those things didn't ruin our cruise but things but felt after a refurbishment everything should have been in top working order.  I traveled with a group of 15 and everyone was happy with the air conditioning being cold enough.

Pat

12 hours ago, ecslady said:

Hi Pat  - Haven't talked to you in ages, even those we live so close. Thanks for your impressions. Hope you had a great cruise!

Hi Nancy, I figure one day we will be on the same cruise again.  Wishing you many more cruises with sunny days and calm seas.

Pat

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks so  much for this review.  We are booked on Summit in 2020.....Newport, Bermuda and Charleston.  Have been on her multiple times..Carib, Bermuda, Hawaii.

This cruise will be mostly about the ports..If the mdr is not that good, we'll visit the buffet a few times,..as we will be going  mostly casual . We like to eat early so hopefuly  MDR lines won't be that bad

How was getting on and off in Bayonne?

Getting on was as quick as ever.  We arrived about 10:45 and was onboard before 11 am.  Announcement was made that you could go to your cabin and drop off your carry on bag if you wished.  Cabins were ready at 1 pm like usual.  If you get to the select dining shortly after 5 it is easier to get in.  Avoid the hours between 6 and 7:30  very busy then. Getting off in Bayonne was a breeze mostly because everyone had to go to immigration on the ship in Boston.  That was our first US port after visiting a foreign country, Bermuda.  Everyone was given a time and walked around the entire 4 th deck.  Agents we in the lounge.  They looked at your passport and your shipboard card and then you were free to get off the ship as long as you had a pink sticker put on your card.  Everyone had to do this whether they planned on getting off in Boston or not.  This made it so much easier when we came into Bayonne.  We didn't have to show our passports and just had to say hello to the Custom agents and they asked if you had anything to declare.  From there we were out in the parking lot and got home before 10 am.

Pat

Thanks for info...We prefer 6 pm but will try for res at 5:30 unless we have a late return from  excursions...and a   dinner out in Bermuda

I don't think we'll have that same disembark/ immig schedule.

On EDGE, they now use the facial recognition so everyone breezed through. Wonder if that system  will be expanded . 

Not in a rush post cruise...we'll be driving hime to Long Island via Belt Parkway

• 2 weeks later...

Just read last couple of pages and caught myself thinking that when I just joined CC and was preparing for my first cruise (on Century), people were arguing how M class was such a downgrade over C class... how cozy and nice C lass felt in comparison.

Not it is E(dge?) class vs previous ones?

I am not a suite pax, so I might not understand whole seriousness of your situation. 🙂

I cannot wait to see revitalized Summit in person. We loved her last time, but we could tell she needed a face lift.

im currently on the Summit.

my impressions.

1) just came out of drydock?

VERY visible rust from my veranda.

KIMG2160.thumb.jpg.117fc3a449b8485d7752c86014d12264.jpg

2) nice new room but i was  surprised my veranda is this small.

note: the only Celebrity other ship ive been on was the Edge. the inside room was twice the size.

KIMG2157.thumb.jpg.f3f264fcf598a4141a601b42097db067.jpg

3) What is this knob by the bed?

ive turned it left and right. doesnt seem to do anything??

KIMG2159.thumb.jpg.59679f1cd6ce546373cbb193851716ba.jpg

4) i've made reservations for Qsine as a solo. (20% off)

ive read on another celebrity ship you can request 1/2 portions.

im assuming i can for summit also.

Edited by fstuff1

31 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

The Summit is nearly 20 years old. There is no getting rid of the rust. That is why they are constantly painting. 

note: the only Celebrity other ship ive been on was the Edge. the inside room was twice the size.

The interior rooms on Edge are larger than the other interior rooms in Celebrity's fleet. It's about a 30 square foot difference between the interior on Edge and the veranda on Summit. The rooms trend smaller on older ships. It's not half the size because that would be a difference of 100 square feet. 😉

I haven't been on Summit yet, but it looks like a dimmer for whatever light is controlled by the switch next to it. That's how it was on Reflection and Equinox.

1 hour ago, reecesavage said:

I haven't been on Summit yet, but it looks like a dimmer for whatever light is controlled by the switch next to it. That's how it was on Reflection and Equinox.

It's a dimmer for public announcements

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, LA_CA_GAL said:

You are probably right, with the exception of us hating each other.

Nothing you could post to or about me could bother me or cause me to hate anybody.  Water off a duck's back.

What kills me is how easily people get offended by nothing.  Post the word "Geez" and it is "uncalled for, sarcastic, and nasty".

Maybe "Heavens to Murgatroid"  or "Sufferin Succotash" would be OK?  Maybe not, who know's?  I am certain that someone on CC would have reason to be offended by such terms.

But, in all seriousness, I do not mean to offend, however, with some posters, they are incredibly and overly sensitive.  I do feel bad for them, but, it is not going to bother me one little bit.  Matter of fact, it tends to amuse me.  Yep, I am the person that laughs at funerals.

And for those that think I am nasty, uncouth, ignorant, a trolip, The Spawn of Satan, that's OK.  I have no problem with it.  Just try to relax and be happy.

I thought you made a very good suggestion. I am quite sure they keep a supply for when they need to replace them.   

I am am thoroughly enjoying the updates and reports as we are cruising on the summit in November.  

Edited by maggieq

1 hour ago, bhughey said:

Did they re-do the surface of the balconies during the refurb? I was not fan of that old turf.

I don't think so. I think only deck 6, CS balconies, and the new Aqua cabins on 10 have the "real" decking. Maybe the aft ones do also? Someone else who's been on the M class can confirm. 🙂

On 6/6/2019 at 10:13 AM, hcat said:

Thanks for info...We prefer 6 pm but will try for res at 5:30 unless we have a late return from  excursions...and a   dinner out in Bermuda

I don't think we'll have that same disembark/ immig schedule.

On EDGE, they now use the facial recognition so everyone breezed through. Wonder if that system  will be expanded . 

Not in a rush post cruise...we'll be driving hime to Long Island via Belt Parkway

Just disembarked the Summit from the 5 June sailing. We had a different itinerary than Pat. We went to Newport, Portland, Bar Harbor, Boston, Bermuda.... Bayonne. Disembarking was exceptionally fast, and the facial recognition system was in place. Stand on the line, look at a camera, get a green light, and GO. Super easy. Our luggage tag was number 12 and we were at EWR by 9:45am. 

There were three different transportation options: shared shuttles from Celebrity, Uber zones that were clearly mentioned and marked and had a lot of people using, and a walk to a taxi dispatch office. I was told that the Uber cost to the airport was about $35. We just used a taxi and were fortunate enough to share with a lovely couple that we bumped into on the way. Our taxi was quoted as $65 plus tolls and when we arrived at the airport we were asked for $69. Worked out well, for us. Don't know where you car will be parked? I always envy those who can just jump into their car and drive home!

On 6/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, rubens said:

It's a dimmer for public announcements

On 6/16/2019 at 2:03 PM, gotcha3 said:

.....which doesn't work.

exactly. We were told by the room attendant that they've cut the wires, but didn't remove the switch.

On 6/16/2019 at 2:29 PM, fstuff1 said:

my impressions.

4) i've made reservations for Qsine as a solo. (20% off)

ive read on another celebrity ship you can request 1/2 portions.

im assuming i can for summit also.

1) That amount of rust on a ship this fresh from a refurb is inexcusable, imho. 

2) Did you have the infinite veranda on the Edge?  It would be a different size.  I believe the actual room size, sans balcony, is smaller on the Summit as well.  

3) Nevermind the knob, I'm looking at the old and yellowed phone.  Not exactly consistent with the newness in the room.   And why not remove the knob and replace with a blank faceplate? 

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what happened to the steel plate?

KIMG2245.thumb.jpg.12280f00b05ddd033680358edd3f2114.jpg

2) no privacy in the 11fl aft balcony!
im at the 10th fl buffet outdoor area and can see most of their balconies. :classic_ohmy:

both shallow balcony rooms on either side. the deep balcony room in the middle i can see around 50%.

KIMG2247.thumb.jpg.fb9ec9aebd2e70517b09086cd6dbe327.jpg

Edited by fstuff1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:29 PM, fstuff1 said:

my impressions.

KIMG2160.thumb.jpg.117fc3a449b8485d7752c86014d12264.jpg

You can put lipstick on a pig. But it's still a pig....

Sums up Summit perfectly having sailed on her. She's my least favourite cruise ship so far. Sadly the over hyped 'Revolution' isn't living up to many people's expectations. Thanks for the photos. :) 

We just sailed in 8148 on the 5/26 cruise.  Noticed the rust spots, too.  Surprised they were still there from our last cruise.  Did you have any problems with the noise from the morning food carts?  From 6:45 am to 8:45 am, every half hour, someone rammed a cart over the metal plate in the crew doorway, rattling all the dishes and waking us up.  We've been in this room before and never had this problem.  Wonder if its because of the new (less soundproof doors).  We've changed rooms for our next cruise so as not to be near a crew door. 

Other than this, the Summit is one of our favorite ships.  Leaves out of NJ (near where we live) and not too big to traverse with our mobility problems.

Hope your next cruise will be wonderful.

22 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Wonder what happened to the steel plate?

KIMG2245.thumb.jpg.12280f00b05ddd033680358edd3f2114.jpg

2) no privacy in the 11fl aft balcony!
im at the 10th fl buffet outdoor area and can see most of their balconies. :classic_ohmy:

both shallow balcony rooms on either side. the deep balcony room in the middle i can see around 50%.

KIMG2247.thumb.jpg.fb9ec9aebd2e70517b09086cd6dbe327.jpg

TY for this pic

We have sailed Infinity on the aft here with the canvas tops in place--and are booked on Summit on the aft post rev. Good to know that nude sunbathing is not a good idea. hahahaha

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:24 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

We just sailed in 8148 on the 5/26 cruise.  Noticed the rust spots, too.  Surprised they were still there from our last cruise.  Did you have any problems with the noise from the morning food carts?  From 6:45 am to 8:45 am, every half hour, someone rammed a cart over the metal plate in the crew doorway, rattling all the dishes and waking us up.  We've been in this room before and never had this problem.  Wonder if its because of the new (less soundproof doors).  We've changed rooms for our next cruise so as not to be near a crew door. 

Other than this, the Summit is one of our favorite ships.  Leaves out of NJ (near where we live) and not too big to traverse with our mobility problems.

We ordered room service for 7am every morning. So, I guess the noise was a welcome sound. 

Was a happy sound for us at 9 am when we had our breakfast.  We were having mobility issues this cruise so we did not want to be moving around too early. We were just surprised re noise because no noise prior stay in 8148.  We love the location of that cabin. 

On 6/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, Luv2Crus40 said:

My husband has mobility problems so this is nice to hear.  Our cruise last year was on the Symphony of the Seas - slightly larger than the Summit 🛳️

Just want to confirm  that there is no longer a  free dry sauna in ladies changing rm anymore?

Issue came up on another thread...and I recalled they were removed..How sad esp because there are no windows at all in the M Class Persian Garden area, and the  free ones had a nice view to the sea.