Cruise insurance

Pete's Girl

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Where does that leave the OP, they are not fit to travel on their cruise tomorrow (Monday), they are paid in full for the June cruise and now want to take out insurance for it.

For the June trip she can get the GeoBlue Voyager Choice, if she is currently insured.  It covers pre-existing conditions.  There still might be time for tomorrow but she should contact them.  She cannot get it once she has left the USA.  She can get it through insuremytrip.com

11 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Where does that leave the OP, they are not fit to travel on their cruise tomorrow (Monday), they are paid in full for the June cruise and now want to take out insurance for it.

I was clarifying that the information in senselb's post, that

"Most travel insurance policies have a look back period for pre-existing conditions that will not be covered."

is NOT the case for "most" third party insurers, unless one specifically selects one of the policies that does not have that feature, or has missed *all* of the deadlines.

And that is the case for some people, but not for "most".

Others who read CC topics tend to "learn from what they read", and we all have had that advantage.

But it's nice when something is clarified to be more accurate than it might appear.

We all benefit.

GC

2 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I was clarifying that the information in senselb's post, that

"Most travel insurance policies have a look back period for pre-existing conditions that will not be covered."

is NOT the case for "most" third party insurers, unless one specifically selects one of the policies that does not have that feature, or has missed *all* of the deadlines.

And that is the case for some people, but not for "most".

Others who read CC topics tend to "learn from what they read", and we all have had that advantage.

But it's nice when something is clarified to be more accurate than it might appear.

We all benefit.

GC

I used the word "most" because GeoBlue's Voyager Choice is the only travel medical insurance plan I have found that covers pre-existing conditions.  Because of my wife's situation I do not want to take the risk of an insurance company deciding that a potential medical emergency is the result of a pre-existing condition.  I would rather travel worry free.  So I have compared many policies and so far have found only one that covered pre-existing conditions.  I think my characterization of "most" is accurate but would be happy to be proved wrong.

1 minute ago, senseib said:

I used the word "most" because GeoBlue's Voyager Choice is the only travel medical insurance plan I have found that covers pre-existing conditions.  Because of my wife's situation I do not want to take the risk of an insurance company deciding that a potential medical emergency is the result of a pre-existing condition.  I would rather travel worry free.  So I have compared many policies and so far have found only one that covered pre-existing conditions.  I think my characterization of "most" is accurate but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Check with www.TripInsuranceStore.com (or any other travel insurance broker), and they can help you with policies that do NOT have any pre-existing condition exclusions.
We wouldn't risk it, either.

And we've had several claims, including two large ones, paid without any questions asked about whether there was any prior condition that might have caused or exacerbated, etc., "what happened".

Also, we think (but have no proof) that having that waiver considerably speeds up the claims processing, which has always been very speedy.  The insurer doesn't need even to consider "if" there might be any pre-existing condition to consider, and they certainly do not need to request medical records, except for the immediate event causing the claim.  No back medical records needed, etc.

We happen to use Travel Insured, but there are many others.

GC