! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

Robyn... Thanks for taking us along!! Have really enjoyed your daily updates and banter with your CC friends. 

We haven't cruised RCL since 2000 and will be on Adventure of Seas in 7 weeks. Thanks for acclimating us!! Safe travels home!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Robyn. Safe travels home tomorrow. It’s going to be windy here at home. Look forward to your final thoughts. 

Andrew, when I watched this video Owen came to mind.  it's long but funny.  Did you ever mic Owen up?

https://youtu.be/A3-L3YwU-iQ

Robin, thanks for a fun week!  Safe travels home 😁

Thanks for the Live Review! We have sailed other ships in this class, but this October will be our first cruise on Adventure, when we go on the "Snowbird Migration Cruise". We have one of the new 1L Panoramic Ocean View cabins, also a first for us. Your report has made me even more excited about the cruise! 

• Like 1

Since you’ve provided such great advice Robyn, I have some for you.

1. Don’t get off the ship. It’s not better on this side.

2. No, that’s all.

Thanks again. Live reviews are fun but the sort of “companion” dual live with John over on AdOS’ sis Oasis upped the factor even more, not to mention the usual suspects participating.  I was home sick part of the week with what certainly felt like the flu, which DH and DM have now.  You brought cheer and brightness when I really needed and appreciated it.  Each time I checked in I caught up on your movements, the elusive Bob sightings, Ocean Boy’s tracking reports, and your many loyal followers. Great time. Even though we’ll miss Jackpot, I believe, since we’ll have only 6 nights, I’m thoroughly thrilled to be climbing aboard fairly soon. Glad to hear about the food, not that it’s really good news as I’ve never controlled myself regardless of the quality or choices and hardly need more temptation. Welcome home.

Aww, how cool is it that this is my 1,000th post on Cruise Critic?

Edited by KmomChicago

8 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Robyn... Thanks for taking us along!! Have really enjoyed your daily updates and banter with your CC friends. 

We haven't cruised RCL since 2000 and will be on Adventure of Seas in 7 weeks. Thanks for acclimating us!! Safe travels home!

You’re welcome! Thanks for following 😁

5 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Thanks for the Live Review! We have sailed other ships in this class, but this October will be our first cruise on Adventure, when we go on the "Snowbird Migration Cruise". We have one of the new 1L Panoramic Ocean View cabins, also a first for us. Your report has made me even more excited about the cruise! 

You are going to really enjoy Adventure 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Since you’ve provided such great advice Robyn, I have some for you.

1. Don’t get off the ship. It’s not better on this side.

2. No, that’s all.

Thanks again. Live reviews are fun but the sort of “companion” dual live with John over on AdOS’ sis Oasis upped the factor even more, not to mention the usual suspects participating.  I was home sick part of the week with what certainly felt like the flu, which DH and DM have now.  You brought cheer and brightness when I really needed and appreciated it.  Each time I checked in I caught up on your movements, the elusive Bob sightings, Ocean Boy’s tracking reports, and your many loyal followers. Great time. Even though we’ll miss Jackpot, I believe, since we’ll have only 6 nights, I’m thoroughly thrilled to be climbing aboard fairly soon. Glad to hear about the food, not that it’s really good news as I’ve never controlled myself regardless of the quality or choices and hardly need more temptation. Welcome home.

Aww, how cool is it that this is my 1,000th post on Cruise Critic?

Very cool!

Thanks for your kind words. I really enjoy doing LIVE reports, and all the positive comments make it that much more fun! 😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pamkev said:

Thanks to all who made this adventure so awesome. I can't wait to get on this ship although it will be while Aug 2020 when I do it will be my retirement cruise.

That’s really something to look forward to!!! 🎉

11 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Thanks again for taking us along. Safe travels home. Can't wait for May, although I don't think I'll have to worry about chair hogs going up to NE/Canada! 😀

Probably not, but you will be visiting my hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia! Best seafood on the planet is at McKelvie’s 🤗

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

A few questions. What is The Quest? And what was your favorite food in the MDR? Thanks for your review and have a safe trip home

The Quest is an adult only scavenger hunt and it’s hilarious. Don’t miss it.

Favorite food in the MDR? Right now im

going to go with the French Onion Soup, it was close to the best I’ve ever tasted!

The coffee included in the refreshment package is definitely Starbucks on Adventure. I have to say that my morning latte was perfection every day, and the “coffee guys” were amazing and remembered my order 😁 I usually describe my latte order at Starbucks as “it’s complicated” 😂

C2EC9A74-286D-4D1E-9375-A326117C9263.jpeg

10 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Okay. Final thoughts.

My Cabin - I always have a balcony, so cruising in a Promenade cabin was an adjustment. I really like the cabin, it’s perfect for a solo traveler, a lot of space yet cozy at the same time. Water pressure in the shower was great. My cabin is 7293 located above the jewelry store.

Entertainment - The shows haven’t changed on this ship in about 8 years 😳 I did see the comedian, he was very funny. The Quest was hilarious.

Cruise Director - I really like Ken Jones, and it seems as if he is well liked by his staff as well 😁 Special mention goes out to Isaac (CD staff) he was absolutely hilarious all week. For anyone who’s sailed recently and caught the 70’s show, he was the Indian from the Village People 😂

TV in cabin - THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH. Worst selection of channels. I don’t typically watch a lot of TV while on a cruise, but when you have your own cabin, it’s nice to watch a bit before bed. If I see the “wash your hands” video one more time....uuuugh, total ear worm.

I think that’s it for now. Please feel free to ask questions. My flight home isn’t until tomorrow evening so I’ll have plenty of time at FLL to respond.

Thanks to you all for sharing this cruise with me. I had the BEST time! 💕

Funny as our kids commented the same thing about the TV on Mariner (same class as Adventure)... 🙂

And yeah...same thing about the promenade room on Indy...didn't bother us as the odd clearing of the throat form the guy next to us (and otherwise quiet), but agree with you.  The 70s parties are fun.  We had room similar to your where you can see that bridge and the singers pointed right at us from our room.  Lots of fun.

Great review...really like following and looks like you had a great time, both with friends you met onboard and with keeping in touch with others.  Safe flight home.

Robyn - just a little heads up. The weather here on the south shore of Lake Ontario is going to be bad today. I imagine Toronto may be getting some of the same? Winds will be gusting to 75 mph today and overnight. If your flight isn't until this evening, you might be facing some delays. Have you spoken to anyone from home to see what the forecast is?