! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

@ckrobyn Thank you so much for taking the time to take us all along with you on your cruise and glad you had a wonderful week.  My family is on Adventure mid March and it will be our first 7 day RCI cruise.  So glad to hear so many positives throughout your week.  
Can you tell me more about the disembarkation procedures?  I always get a little anxious on that morning.  We've been on Holland, NCL and a 3 day RCI and each line seems to do it a little different.  Two different issues that I struggle with on disembarkation in particular.  The first is feeling extreme pressure to get out of the room in the morning and rushed around the ship for breakfast.  My second issue has been LONG lines, like wrapped around the interior/exterior of the ship to disembark.  We are not in a rush to get off, our flight is not till 5 pm.  Our boys are 6 & 9 and this mom would like to plan ahead for what would be best for our crew!  Long lines and stress is not the best way to end a vacation!!!  Thank you for any guidance received!  

9 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

What time did all of you get off the ship? Did anybody do self assist? What time did you arrive at FLL?

We had already arrived when I looked out the window at 5:30am.  We were the first luggage tags off the ship at 8am.  Self-assist started about an hour earlier.

2 minutes ago, traveler1980 said:

@ckrobyn Thank you so much for taking the time to take us all along with you on your cruise and glad you had a wonderful week.  My family is on Adventure mid March and it will be our first 7 day RCI cruise.  So glad to hear so many positives throughout your week.  
Can you tell me more about the disembarkation procedures?  I always get a little anxious on that morning.  We've been on Holland, NCL and a 3 day RCI and each line seems to do it a little different.  Two different issues that I struggle with on disembarkation in particular.  The first is feeling extreme pressure to get out of the room in the morning and rushed around the ship for breakfast.  My second issue has been LONG lines, like wrapped around the interior/exterior of the ship to disembark.  We are not in a rush to get off, our flight is not till 5 pm.  Our boys are 6 & 9 and this mom would like to plan ahead for what would be best for our crew!  Long lines and stress is not the best way to end a vacation!!!  Thank you for any guidance received!  

You are most welcome!! I had an outstanding week, and it was so fun doing this LIVE report with my team 😁

Royal doesn’t rush you out of your cabin. I’m not 100% sure, but I think you can stay in there until

9am? We skipped the WJ and had a light breakfast at Cafe Promenade (they have egg McMuffins now). Don’t worry about disembarkation, it was really smooth and easy with little to no lines when we left at 9:30am.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It’s bad down hear near London.  Could only have imagined your flight home. Thankfully you got home earlier.  Just think you’d be landing about now had you not switched your flight. 

We have had really bad turbulence on two occasions. One flight to Alaska to where the plane’s wings looked to be flapping, like the planes on The Flintstones. We dropped at one point on that flight.  The other was a flight to Paris. The turbulence lasted over an hour and was really bad. My SIL isn’t a good flier and I told her this; you don’t have to worry until the stewards/stewardess sit down and strap in. That gave her some comfort. 

Look forward to your final thoughts and wrap up.

I’m happy to be home. I’m not generally a nervous flier, but the last few times I’ve flown in or out of Florida, there’s been some kind of treachery 🙄. Your reference to the Flintstones made me LOL!

I posted a lengthy final thoughts last night... a few pages back.

Now I’ll be looking forward to your LIVE in a few weeks. I’m sure the rest of the team is too 😉

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Thank you to everyone who participated on this thread, you’ve helped make this amazing cruise even better!

Special mention to a few people most of whom I’ve known for many years but never met...

Ocean Boy - what can I say? We have kept each other and everyone else entertained for many cruises 😂

Clarea (Bob) - It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you on a cruise again soon!

Andrew - I have followed your Live reports for years, and I’m counting on a group Cruise one day soon. In the interim I’ll go shopping at LV with Lisa 😉

John - Thanks for popping in here throughout the week, looks like you had a great cruise too.

Okay. Final thoughts.

I still love Adventure, and I’m happy with the changes/enhancements that have been done over the last few years. The crew are great, I really felt they were engaged and eager to please.

The food - I know it’s subjective, but I gotta say the food everywhere, overall, was very good to excellent. The last time I cruises on Adventure in November 2017, the food was awful. Huge improvement in the quality of the pizza. The MDR was terrific and I usually don’t rave about it, but the service was top notch and we had a guitar playing, singing waiter which made it a lot of fun.

Chair Hogs - Out in full force and no deck patrol to be found. I should also mention that there were babies in the pools all week and deck patrol was nowhere to be found 😡 

My Cabin - I always have a balcony, so cruising in a Promenade cabin was an adjustment. I really like the cabin, it’s perfect for a solo traveler, a lot of space yet cozy at the same time. Water pressure in the shower was great. My cabin is 7293 located above the jewelry store.

Entertainment - The shows haven’t changed on this ship in about 8 years 😳 I did see the comedian, he was very funny. The Quest was hilarious.

Cruise Director - I really like Ken Jones, and it seems as if he is well liked by his staff as well 😁 Special mention goes out to Isaac (CD staff) he was absolutely hilarious all week. For anyone who’s sailed recently and caught the 70’s show, he was the Indian from the Village People 😂

TV in cabin - THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH. Worst selection of channels. I don’t typically watch a lot of TV while on a cruise, but when you have your own cabin, it’s nice to watch a bit before bed. If I see the “wash your hands” video one more time....uuuugh, total ear worm.

I think that’s it for now. Please feel free to ask questions. My flight home isn’t until tomorrow evening so I’ll have plenty of time at FLL to respond.

Thanks to you all for sharing this cruise with me. I had the BEST time! 💕

Just caught up on your live review--I was directly across from you in 7593 and I thought the location was great.  No noise from below (except during 70s night).   Food in the MDR was great, and the staff was amazing.   Thanks for your review.   We had a really bumpy landing in Indy, too.  The last 20 minutes of the flight were really white-knuckle.  Winds gusting up to 60 MPH.   Was very grateful to land safely.

Edited by Gardener5b
added text

23 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

Just caught up on your live review--I was directly across from you in 7593 and I thought the location was great.  No noise from below (except during 70s night).   Food in the MDR was great, and the staff was amazing.   Thanks for your review.   We had a really bumpy landing in Indy, too.  The last 20 minutes of the flight were really white-knuckle.  Winds gusting up to 60 MPH.   Was very grateful to land safely.

We could have waved to each other! :)

6 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

We could have waved to each other! 🙂

If only I'd have known!  I thought it was a great cruise, apart from the crowded pool decks on sea days.   Can't believe how early people claim deck chairs (and how many of them!!!!) 

9 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

I’m happy to be home. I’m not generally a nervous flier, but the last few times I’ve flown in or out of Florida, there’s been some kind of treachery 🙄. Your reference to the Flintstones made me LOL!

I posted a lengthy final thoughts last night... a few pages back.

Now I’ll be looking forward to your LIVE in a few weeks. I’m sure the rest of the team is too 😉

Hoping to make you write more. 😉

Enjoy the structured lifestyle, called work, today. 😱

26 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hoping to make you write more. 😉

Enjoy the structured lifestyle, called work, today. 😱

Hahaha @ the structured lifestyle 😂

Thanks, hoping for a “smooth” day, but in my line of work, that rarely happens.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gardener5b said:

Just caught up on your live review--I was directly across from you in 7593 and I thought the location was great.  No noise from below (except during 70s night).

We will be sailing in 7593 in November. Glad to hear you had no noise issues. Thanks. :classic_smile:

On 2/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, ckrobyn said:

Plans for the evening include;

Welcome Aboard Show @ 7:15

Dinner in Giovanni’s @ 8pm

So far the internet is very good. Hoping it stays that way.

We were there that day at 7:30 🙂

Going thru and reading your live post now to read how your trip compared to ours!

On 2/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, NanaP1398 said:

Sailed on AOS 2/2-2/9. Had a great time! Be sure to check out Keith Retson-Spalding in the Schooner Bar from 9:15 till whenever! HE IS AMAZING and Canadian 😉 Also, theMongolian Stir Fry in the Windjammer is wonderful! Have a great time. I am following along just to relive it! Lol! She's a beautiful ship with a great crew 🙂

Keith is an amazing piano bar talent.  Avoided the crowds he drew early on but  ended the night with him quite often.

• Like 1

I enjoyed your review! The most recent cocktail menu had a drink called "Red Velvet Cake" on it. Was that from a speciality restaurant or a regular bar? Red Velvet is my favorite kind of cake and it would be fun to try the cocktail version!

2 hours ago, cft8 said:

I enjoyed your review! The most recent cocktail menu had a drink called "Red Velvet Cake" on it. Was that from a speciality restaurant or a regular bar? Red Velvet is my favorite kind of cake and it would be fun to try the cocktail version!

That menu was from the Viking Crown Lounge :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunday Best said:

4 hours ago, Sunday Best said:

Keith is an amazing piano bar talent.  Avoided the crowds he drew early on but  ended the night with him quite often.

We went early to get a seat close by. Had so much fun with him. RC is crazy to let me go!

Edited by NanaP1398
Mistake

6 minutes ago, NanaP1398 said:

We went early to get a seat close by. Had so much fun with him. RC is crazy to let me go!

Is he for sure done?  I agree, he's the best!  So much fun!  They should give him more space.  We talked quite a bit at the end of his shows plus while playing shuffleboard so did get some insight.