! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

A few years back when we sailed the Allure to Labadee, our ride on the dragons coaster was cancelled because during the night the locals came through the fence and stole part of the materials off the  coaster.

The locals can and do get in to the tourist area at night.

Our port here was not cancelled.

So even though there are guards with guns patrolling the area during the day, I hope they increased security at night.

But the 7 times we have been to the area, we had no conflict even with unrest in the city.

Safe travels.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Very cool.  We sailed right next to the Missouri many years ago in a small sailboat in Long Beach harbor, and I was surprised at the immense size of the ship.  Also went into the German U-Boat at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  That was extremely claustrophobic.

If you're ever traveling through Mobile AL..  the USS Alabama is a sight to behold 

14 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

At least Lisa’s display case is not the same size as yours.

I hope my wife doesn't see this thread lol..   He purse addiction has cost us as much as a new Jeep lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokeykat said:

We are going on Adventure the first week of July doing Canada. Can't wait! We are in cabin 8316 on the hump. Has anyone stayed in this location/cabin? Enjoy your cruise! Following 

Not yet but we are in a JS on the hump in August on deck 10.  In general these locations seem to be popular; right by an elevator lobby which is convenient but I am planning to bring soft foam earplugs in case of noise.

15 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Beautiful day at the pool...

Not pictured..... 642  chair hogs 🙄

571AFEA4-6473-422B-AD52-1894FF6F53EC.jpeg

Beautiful!  You don't want to see the snowing view here, that's for sure! 

You can argue about the food, the entertainment, the way people are supposed to dress, the friendliness of the crew.  But chair hogs never go away, and nobody ever debates their pros (???) and/or cons!

Edited by KmomChicago

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa got a few small items from the location on Bloor. The rest have come from Banff, Vegas, NYC, Paris, Rome, St Thomas, Grand Cayman etc... Lately she has buying directly online. When we were in Rome the LV Paris Fashion Line was on display and we toured it. I love the old trunks myself. The new stuff with cats etc, just strange IMO.  Lisa asked if your SA is good at Yorkdale would you share her name?

Late to the party, but you'll need to cruise out of Singapore someday Andrew (and Robyn).  The LV store at the Marina Bay Sands is its own island.

Louis Vuitton @ Marina Bay Sands | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Late to the party, but you'll need to cruise out of Singapore someday Andrew (and Robyn).  The LV store at the Marina Bay Sands is its own island.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Ffarm8.staticflickr.com%2F7241%2F7179840841_999752cf4b_z.jpg&f=1

Holy Moly!

Robyn - enjoying your live thread a ton!

Ocean Boy - I had my wedding reception at the Mystic Aquarium - love that entire area! I grew up along the CT Shoreline...but now I call MA home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ckrobyn said:

Beautiful day at the pool...

Not pictured..... 642  chair hogs 🙄

571AFEA4-6473-422B-AD52-1894FF6F53EC.jpeg

This may be the best photo of cruise ship pool water that I have ever seen. Wow. I’m dying to do a cannonball in it right now. 

Edited by Yorkvillain

Captain’s Noon Report states we are off the Bahamas Coast.....my location on FB shows Cuba. Where am I?????

Ocean Boy, this is your job.  Find me.

The weather is perfectly sunny, and 80 degrees. Tomorrow we are expecting sunny skies at Labadee. No mention of missing the stop.

Gotta go watch the sexiest man contest 😂

26 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Captain’s Noon Report states we are off the Bahamas Coast.....my location on FB shows Cuba. Where am I?????

Ocean Boy, this is your job.  Find me.

Bahamas are off the port side of the ship. You are just about done with the Old Bahama Channel and the will then sail east along the north coast of Cuba and over to Haiti. Your approach to Labadee may actually be in the dark tomorrow morning. This was the first time we ever made the approach into there before the sun came up. It was quite nice out on the bow that morning with an incredible moon. And, the night before I saw my first at sea lunar eclipse.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bahamas are off the port side of the ship. You are just about done with the Old Bahama Channel and the will then sail east along the north coast of Cuba and over to Haiti. Your approach to Labadee may actually be in the dark tomorrow morning. This was the first time we ever made the approach into there before the sun came up. It was quite nice out on the bow that morning with an incredible moon. And, the night before I saw my first at sea lunar eclipse.

Thank you. I feel much more settled now. 😀

25 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I get the whole paper straw thing, but it disintegrated in my drink pretty quickly....uuuugh.

733FDDAF-D438-4A99-99E1-772A66730837.jpeg

Hate the paper straws.  Was on Anthem last month for 20 days and got tired of the straws falling apart in my drink.  Also, if a can of soda is not cold enough the whole thing will start foaming over with the paper straw.  Trust me on this one.  My solution — just purchased a bunch of individually wrapped plastic straws from Amazon.  Will bring some with me whenever I sail.  I trust that Royal will be able to dispose of them properly when the straws end up in the trash.  Remember that Royal has trash folks who sort through everything.  Hope this is a good solution.  

4 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Hate the paper straws.  Was on Anthem last month for 20 days and got tired of the straws falling apart in my drink.  Also, if a can of soda is not cold enough the whole thing will start foaming over with the paper straw.  Trust me on this one.  My solution — just purchased a bunch of individually wrapped plastic straws from Amazon.  Will bring some with me whenever I sail.  I trust that Royal will be able to dispose of them properly when the straws end up in the trash.  Remember that Royal has trash folks who sort through everything.  Hope this is a good solution.  

A lot of places on land and the islands are moving to paper straws too. Here is a paper straw that was in my drink in Nassau at Senor Frogs this past Friday. 

C4462D3B-A243-4415-BD12-B8A7B1B28087_zps

542244B9-0025-4711-A72E-9CBCE24B01AB_zps