Transportation in Miami - help please

Jasonmom

I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out what to do pre and post cruise.

We (me {I'm 49 and have mobility issues}, my Mom who is 76, and my 12 year old son) are flying into Fort Lauderdale late 4/11 and will board the Navigator of the Seas on 4/12.  I think we will probably just get a hotel near the airport for the night, but I'm not sure then what is the best way to get to Miami cruise port.

The bigger issue is after cruise.  We get off the ship on 4/21 (Sunday / Easter) and are not flying out of Fort Lauderdale till 4/23.  We are hoping to see my Great Aunt who lives in south Miami at least one day.  Would like a clean hotel (not too expensive) near the beach and restaurants.  One of my big worries though is we have to be at FLL around 5:30am on 4/23.  I'm worried if we are too far away then we will not be able to find transportation from hotel to FLL that early.  Also worried about transportation on Easter.

Sorry for rambling.

Anyone who has any suggestions ....... please help me.  TIA

One thing I would suggest is finding the hotel now - quickly - you don’t want to spend a lot of money and you are not going to find “cheap “ airport/Miami/Ft  

Lauderdale rooms so close to your sailing dates.  You are also talking spring break/Easter.  Hotels are probably heavily booked - some people book a long way in advance of their cruise.

From FLL to Port of Miami you could take a cab, Uber or shuttle.  Shuttle would probably be the cheapest. Super Shuttle often recommended.  Would probably stay close to the airport when you return, at least for the night before your flight. 

Perhaps your great aunt might have suggestions if she lives there.

From FLL area Hotels to POM three of you can squeeze into an Uber X and the fare will be about $35-40.  With lots of bags you will need an UberXL or van-taxi for about $75+.  Or use one of the popular shuttles (SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport, etc.) For about $15 per person.I

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info.  I agree, book your hotels ASAP.  You can prebook a taxi or Uber to get you to the airport for your early flight, or spend your last night in a hotel close to the airport after visiting you family.

Have a great cruise! 😎