Open Seating

CruisinShips

I promise I have tried to find this answer before making this post!

First time HAL cruiser and we will be sailing on the Zuiderdam in a  Neptune Suite.  We selected Open Seating, but I am unclear as to how it works on HAL.  Do you just show up at the hostess stand when you want to eat, or do you call to schedule a time earlier in the day (or in the week)?  Celebrity has a separate entrance for suite guests...I assume HAL doesn't or I would have read about it.

Any tips and guidance would be appreciated!!

You can do either way, if you want a specific time/table size, then call and try and get reservations. We've done it both ways in the past and if you do just show up at the entrance, you could be in for a bit of a wait, depending on the actual time. 

Edited by drowelf

Since you are in a Neptune Suite, you may ask the Concierge to make the reservations for you. I believe reservations can be made for up to 3 days in a row. And sometimes, if you find you like your table and your servers, you can request to have that table for the whole week (if a week's cruise.)  As many of us have found, this is one of the things that may vary by ship but it doesn't hurt to ask. Usually at the door of the dining room, there is a line for those with reservations and a line for those without.