Cruise Critic Community
RICKnVICK

Carnival Dream time of departure change

I am sailing on the Dream May 23rd.  Received an email from Carnival yesterday, stating we would now be sailing at 3:30pm instead of 4pm.  No problem here!  However, our time in Cozumel is now 8am-4pm, meaning we have to be back on the ship by 3pm.  I am not thrilled about this, but anytime in Cozumel to me is better than no time at all.  Just wondering if anyone would know why time in Cozumel is now shorter?  Thanks in advance!

Vicki

Hi not sailing on the Dream, but Valor in September.  Received the same notice of departure time from New Orleans.

Going to check my Cozumel time didn't look to see if there was a change on that.

Curious if it's due to traffic on the river?  I know in December was on the Dream and we left New Orleans late due to heavy river traffic.  Or maybe due to river tides?

I got the letter for 3:30 departure out of NOLA on the Glory in May. There is a very large upside to this. An extra hour of daylight to enjoy the river section of the cruise is OK by me.

March 17, 2019 sailing, still showing 4pm. I wouldn’t mind leaving earlier. I am going to do a time lapse video down the river so extra light would be a plus. 

I just looked at our itinerary for our March 2, 2020 cruise and we leave at 3:30 now. And Cozumel is 7-4. I am glad I looked at this post...

I got the same email a week or two ago about the Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  I wonder if they will open up check-in times 30 min earlier than usual (not that it matters for us, we like to aim for 11:30-ish so we can go to the manatee sanctuary park in port). 

I received a similar email about our cruise on the Magic, Jan 12 2020. Now leaving Fort Lauderdale at 3:30 instead of 4pm

I’m sailing on the Dream out of NOLA on March 24th 2019 and did not get that letter. We’re not stopping in Cozumel though so maybe it depends on the itinerary? 

Well... whatever the circumstances, and knowing how Carnival has been operating lately, it is likely because they are paying a lot for something (or someone) and want to cut back on expenses.

11 minutes ago, forwardcabin said:

Well... whatever the circumstances, and knowing how Carnival has been operating lately, it is likely because they are paying a lot for something (or someone) and want to cut back on expenses.

Oh please.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, WeBeCruisinMon said:

I’m sailing on the Dream out of NOLA on March 24th 2019 and did not get that letter. We’re not stopping in Cozumel though so maybe it depends on the itinerary? 

I don’t think so. They bumped up my glory departure time for August and we have two sea days at the beginning of the cruise.

We got the same letter for our Conquest cruise in October

My May 2019 cruise on the Glory out of NOLA was bumped up to 3:30 but I didn't see any changes on the ports of call.

Got the same notice; last month for October on the Glory out of N.O., and last week for the Dream out of Galveston in May. No mention of any changes in port time for Cozumel.

Same note from Carnival for our Breeze 10/19/19 and 10/26/19 cruises out of Port Canaveral. No change in port times.