Thermal Suite Pass on the Escape

Mrs Peel

I think it depends on your itinerary. In Alaska, definitely worth the money, if it is chilly or rainy. Although it is $249pp. In the Caribbean, you might not want to be indoors as much. Or if you have a port intensive cruise. But, I do love being able to have the pass and go whenever I want, even if it is for a short time. If I only bought a day pass, I would feel like I had to spend a lot of time there that day, to maximize it. 

What exactly makes it so wonderful.  How do those loungers differ from just relaxing in the observation deck?  How would the hot tub or pool area be different than what is available in the Haven courtyard?  Still trying to decide on this purchase.  Do folks wear swim wear in this area?

4 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

How do those loungers differ from just relaxing in the observation deck?  How would the hot tub or pool area be different than what is available in the Haven courtyard?  Still trying to decide on this purchase.  Do folks wear swim wear in this area?

The loungers are padded and indoors, there are also heated stone loungers that most people like but a few find uncomfortable.  The T-pool is kind of like a big whirlpool with a number of features like powerful water jets and a "waterfall" intended to relieve aches and be relaxing.  Effectiveness varies from person to person.  Minimum age is 18 and it is generally fairly quiet.  Most folks wear swimwear, but a few come in regular clothes just to lay on a lounger for a bit.  There are saunas, etc, but I'm not a big fan and did not use them much.  The video posted above will probably fill in the blanks.

As far as is it worth the $$$?  To me it depends on a lot on the time of year and what else I have access too.  If I have loungers on the balcony and its comfortable out there, I don't really need indoor loungers.  The T-pool is very nice, but I'm not sure if I'd pay extra just for that if I had access the Haven pool.  The sauna/salt/etc. rooms aren't of interest to me, but may be to others.

On a winter cruise out of NY I'd recommend the Spa... during the summer it is still nice, but there are probably other things I'd want to spend money on first.  But that's me, and the various amenities are subjective: if you've never done it before and its in your budget, it may be worth a try at least once.

1 hour ago, Jessieasanders said:

Can you bring drinks with you into the thermal suite?

Yes.  Just make sure you ask for a plastic cup (most of the bars on the upper deck will do that anyway, but if you want to bring something up from a lower deck bar you will probably need to request it.)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

What exactly makes it so wonderful.  How do those loungers differ from just relaxing in the observation deck?  How would the hot tub or pool area be different than what is available in the Haven courtyard?  Still trying to decide on this purchase.  Do folks wear swim wear in this area?

If you're not sure about the Thermal Spa, wait until you board and go to the desk at the Thermal Spa and request a tour. I've seen several people request a tour to help them decide if they want it or not. If you wait until you board to book it, the cost is $20 more pp compared to if you book prior to your cruise.

• 7 months later...

We cruised on Escape for the first time last year and the Thermal Spa was the best part of the trip. We are going again in 2 weeks and booked the cheapest category cabin so we could justify getting the spa passes again. What we enjoy is the peace and quiet. We love the Escape but it can be 4000 people. Knowing we have a tranquil place to relax is well worth it.