visa for Cuba

Robin1211

On 2/19/2019 at 4:47 PM, Jembeccatoo said:

Visa is $75 per person. I was able to get it through NCL. See if Carnival will do it, or go through the Embassy.

and we are to pay for our after we board MSC. Every cruise line does it different. but the cruise lines do take care of it for us. Your travel agent will know how your cruise line handles it.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, Robin1211 said:

Is getting a Visa a real thing ...extra expense for going to Cuba? 

It does seem right now you pay more for a Cuba cruise but I think it is because they sell out so fast. It is still new for Americans to go there.   I  also know it is only older ships go there because of Cuba's dock can't handle the monster ships. As previous posts said it is a $75 VISA fee on top of your cruise fee.  The cruise lines handle it but they do it differently but your travel agent will know or else you can contact your cruise line and ask them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Donray said:

Viking included the VISA at no added cost.  

I suspect  they already added it into your fare. If they did not charge you extra, well, that is comparing apples to oranges anyway. Viking is like 5 times the price of NCL, MSC, Carnival etc.  Yes I know they are much more upscale. However, for what they charge they should give you something free.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, swtmelz said:

I am going to Cuba in May and NCL suggested i get it on my own as an option-i ordered through https://airlinebrokers.net/

received it in 5 days

I just went to that Website. They state that the Visa is $50, and there is $25 Service Charge. Total $75, same as we paid NCL to get it for me.

AND there is an added Medical fee in the port fees.  And must spend 6 hrs in a cultural setting....People to People.  Carnival has several excursions that satisfy that requirement or one must document their time spent.  $75 day Visa per passenger and yes, Passport is mandatory.  Take your own toilet paper and sanitizer.....decided we had no business in a communist country anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

9 hours ago, misslucy01 said:

AND there is an added Medical fee in the port fees.  And must spend 6 hrs in a cultural setting....People to People.  Carnival has several excursions that satisfy that requirement or one must document their time spent.  $75 day Visa per passenger and yes, Passport is mandatory.  Take your own toilet paper and sanitizer.....decided we had no business in a communist country anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

MYTHS about Cuba!

I don't recall any additional Medical Fee. Perhaps it was included in our Port Fee.  As far as having to document how I spent my in Havana, we went to lunch at a restaurant and a souvenir market. We marked off "Support for the Cuban People". Who would believe that someone would in the future ask me for documentation? Not very likely. As far as taking toilet paper with us, we brought tissue, but the restaurant had paper.  The market had someone outside the  bathrooms selling tissue.

• Like 2

We are taking an MSC cruise to Cuba in April.  I have printed out my Guest Certification for Authorized US Travel to Cuba.  My question is regarding the passenger details.  Must my name match my passport exactly including my full middle name? Or can I put my first name and middle initial?

I always put my name as it is written in my passport when traveling internationally and asked to write it! Why ask for trouble? Why leave out part of your name???

BTW the extra medical insurance is in the cost of your cruise.

There is no need to worry about documenting how you spend your time!!

No one really cares!! You can go on your own, on a private local tour , or on a ship excursion as you wish! The only reason we cannot use our credit cards or ATM cards is because our banks are not talking to the Cuban banks and that is not their fault! It is a result of our goverment's policies!