Balcony doors open all night?

prmami

We slept with the door open one night on Freedom years ago in April. It was amazing. It was the last night. We wondered why we hadn’t thought of doing that before. 

Coming back from Bermuda in July we left the door open while we were out on the balcony and cane back in to find the room looking like a steamed up shower haha. So we weren’t able to leave it open in the summer months. Too much humidity. 

5 hours ago, B&J_Pgh said:

FALSE.  Husband has been in the industry for 38 years.  On some ships yours may shut down or be less effective but doesn't impact the others around you.

On ships?

DIFFERENT systems.

• Like 1

Here you go, I knew it would come in handy some time.  Enlarge and read the bottom signage:

Leisure guy must be blind. By the way, that is not from our cabin, I copied it from the other thread long ago

bungee.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Here you go, I knew it would come in handy some time.  Enlarge and read the bottom signage:

Leisure guy must be blind. By the way, that is not from our cabin, I copied it from the other thread long ago

bungee.jpg

That one is outdated. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

#fakenews🙄

How so? 

It clearly shows that on BecciBoo's Picture

"Please keep the veranda door closed."

So are you saying that their made a sign for every balcony with fake news.

Edited by DDG 41
Felt Like it and Americans could be offended

We do it all the time, weather permitting. Not concerned about security, unless you think your neighbor is going to climb over the railing.

The only thing to remember is the HVAC system will create a wind tunnel so if your balcony door is open and you open your cabin door, there will be a big air rush into the hallway. It will also slam your cabin door closed if you're not careful.

• Like 2

Wow! I've never had any issues. It only affects the cabin with the door open. I've talked to the engineering staff.

Yes, there is increased airflow into the hallway  it's  common sense is to close the balcony door before you open your cabin door.

You can leave it open a few inches and get the same wave sounds if you are so worried about it.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tonyweir said:

Wow! I've never had any issues. It only affects the cabin with the door open. I've talked to the engineering staff.

Yes, there is increased airflow into the hallway  it's  common sense is to close the balcony door before you open your cabin door.

You can leave it open a few inches and get the same wave sounds if you are so worried about it.

Yes common sense,when you open the door to the hallway there’s a big rush of air.

But you don’t have it open all night.

6 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

How so? 

Well first of all PLEASE is a request... such as : Please book your Spa treatment today!

Not a hard rule anybody needs to follow! 👍

The sign is also not placed on any RCI ship I have been on.... not sure it is a current RCI sign🤔

#myvacationmydoor

33 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

#myvacationmydoor

#RCI'sShipRCI'sDoor

Well if that's what you want to do.

No matter what, others like you will still affect others, even after being informed of the effect on other passengers experiences.

Enjoy the beautiful sea breeze and waves crashing, do what you like, PLEASE.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

How so? 

It says “For YOUR comfort”, does not mention the comfort of others.

i think the operative phrase on that label is really “and it saves energy”.

Edited by neckhardt
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mmmmmmmm?  Maybe there are more peeps who need to get left dockside to learn rules are there to be followed.  Then again, sometimes "it's all about me" no consideration for their fellow passengers.  Pity...

These decals have been on all 23 cruises we have taken on RCCL...some of them are easier to find/read than others because some are actually on the glass itself.  But they've been there.

Edited by BecciBoo

12 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

How so? 

Careful with that use of "fake new."  For some time now, the expression is synonymous with what is actually true.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Well first of all PLEASE is a request... such as : Please book your Spa treatment today!

Not a hard rule anybody needs to follow! 👍

The sign is also not placed on any RCI ship I have been on.... not sure it is a current RCI sign🤔

#myvacationmydoor

That's the spirit.

#myvacationi'llpeeinthehottubifiwantto!

2 hours ago, John Reid said:

Careful with that use of "fake new."  For some time now, the expression is synonymous with what is actually true.

I was only referring to it as fake news Thorben-Hendrik referred to it as that. Fake News is fake there is always truth to what they say however it has a different perspective on the topic