Cruise Critic Community
cruisingqueen86

free gratuities on NCL

I am seeing ads for free gratuities on NCL but dont see that on any of the cruises I've looked at.  Anyone know the details of that offer?

Is it a promo on NCL.com?  You should be able to click on the offer and read the Terms and Conditions.

This offer is rarely seen on NCL website but can be found on a few TA sites. Like it, book it, done. It makes no difference to NCL where, with whom, you book your cruise, just book it (him) "danno".  BTW, NCL does not price/promo match.

Cheers

In the UK this is a common NCL promotion which also includes free drink package and more recently free WiFi as well. I think NCL UK introduce these promotions almost two years ago and have continued them since them.

We can also buy "just cruise" but these are rare. No packages include, just the cruise. 

However we don't have the opportunity to bid to upgrade. Instead we have to pay the difference in price if we want to upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Yinster said:

In the UK this is a common NCL promotion which also includes free drink package and more recently free WiFi as well. I think NCL UK introduce these promotions almost two years ago and have continued them since them.

We can also buy "just cruise" but these are rare. No packages include, just the cruise. 

However we don't have the opportunity to bid to upgrade. Instead we have to pay the difference in price if we want to upgrade. 

The Just Cruise option is available on all cruises for those in the UK when booking direct on NCL's website, it's actually very frustrating as the base price is for the Just Cruise and you need to click through to see the All Inclusive price.

I have also been able to bid on all my cruises booked with TA's and also NCL's UK website, I have active bids on my cruise in two weeks.

Edited by ziggyuk

14 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

The Just Cruise option is available on all cruises for those in the UK when booking direct on NCL's website, it's actually very frustrating as the base price is for the Just Cruise and you need to click through to see the All Inclusive price.

I have also been able to bid on all my cruises booked with TA's and also NCL's UK website, I have active bids on my cruise in two weeks.

How do you bid on the NCL UK site as our next cruise in May we booked directly with NCL but I can't see that option anywhere on the website

16 minutes ago, Yinster said:

How do you bid on the NCL UK site as our next cruise in May we booked directly with NCL but I can't see that option anywhere on the website

Go to NCL UK https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/

Login if you need to.

Next click the suitcase logo in the top right of your screen.

You should have a banner saying "Let's get you upgraded"

(the banner should be the first one but if you don't see it, scroll through the offers using the arrow on the right)

Let me know if you have trouble and I will try some screen captures.

EDIT: did you book direct, if you did you will see banner, if you used a TA it will depend it that TA participates in the program. My last cruise was with a TA, I never got the banner but the TA forwarded me an email to make a bid.

Edited by ziggyuk

44 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

We just booked with a travel agent and got paid gratuities and OBC. 

Which Travel Agent?

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Go to NCL UK https://www.ncl.com/uk/en/

Login if you need to.

Next click the suitcase logo in the top right of your screen.

You should have a banner saying "Let's get you upgraded"

(the banner should be the first one but if you don't see it, scroll through the offers using the arrow on the right)

Let me know if you have trouble and I will try some screen captures.

Yeah I already tried looking at my cruise in May. No option to upgrade or bid I can see. 

3 minutes ago, Yinster said:

Yeah I already tried looking at my cruise in May. No option to upgrade or bid I can see. 

How many days to your cruise, if it's May it might still be over 80 days, you won't get the offer until 80 day out.

You should also get an email making the offer.

Did you book direct or use a TA?

Edited by ziggyuk

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

How many days to your cruise, if it's May it might still be over 80 days, you won't get the offer until 80 day out.

You should also get an email making the offer.

Did you book direct or use a TA?

Ah that might be it. We have 84 days still. Booked direct on the website. 

Just now, Yinster said:

Ah that might be it. We have 84 days still. Booked direct on the website. 

That will be it, you are probably only getting the speciality dining and beverage banners at the moment, the upgrade one should appear in 4 days.

26 minutes ago, lidodeck03 said:

Which Travel Agent?

Cant name on here - idk if we can list our emails or not. Id be happy to tell you that way if we can 

I book through a travel agent the last 3 cruises ( Canada) and get UBC  and all gratuitities paid. Don't know about the ability to upgrade though.